Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#SaveSWTOR, be Proactive (Positive Action and Ideas Only, Please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
#SaveSWTOR, be Proactive (Positive Action and Ideas Only, Please)

DuchessKristania
01.28.2018 , 03:29 PM | #1
If you spend any time on the forum right now you probably know about *the article* and all the rumors swirling around about development ending. Whether the rumors prove true or not we can still be proactive about this. I know that I don't want to see this game end, that I want to see real effort and care to go into it. I suggest taking constructive action in the form of #SaveSWTOR.

Add it to your forum sig. Flood your social media with it. Post to the EA and BW twitter accounts. Tell them you want the game to continue. Present a united front of support for the game. It isn't a magic wand, no one is suggesting that, but it's constructive action that costs nothing but a minimal amount of time and effort.

If you don't want to do it you don't have to.It's your life, your time, but I do ask that this thread be used a a rallying point for the game and not a center for complaints. There are dozens of threads on the forum where you can air your grievances, let's leave this one for people who want to discuss positive action.

EDIT : To clarify, the intent of this thread is not to suggest that we can magically save the game. It's simply intended to be a place to come up with and share little ideas to make our support of the game more visible. Obviously, subscribing and putting money into the game is the best thing, but there are other little things that we can do beyond that.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

LordArtemis
01.29.2018 , 12:26 AM | #2
Are you looking for suggestions on how we feel the game could be improved, or looking for input on what we feel we can do?

If its the latter (I think I have already offered plenty of the former) I am speaking to all of my friends about this.....

Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Eternal Throne – Amazon Premium Pack [Online Game Code]

This item is a fantastic deal....90 days AND 2400 coins for less than the cost of three months sub. You can use it once every 180 days...I am trying to convince Bioware to change that to 90...as I think this would be an item that adds quite a bit of value to draw folks back into the game.

I have already convinced about a dozen of my friends to resub using this item, and Im working on more.

Storm-Cutter
01.29.2018 , 12:36 AM | #3
I hope to be proved wrong, but over the years, forum posters have produced a huge number of suggestions for game modes, story, PvP maps, events, quests, enemies, factions, races, planets daily areas, operations QoL improvements, balance issues, CM items and more.

Most of which haven't even merited a yellow post, let alone any dev time.

I fear it's too little too late. The ship is on the rocks as it is.

I've introduced a lot of people to the game over the years. Only one remains now - Who was a late starter The rest got bored of waiting for content and didn't like the direction it was going in and left. - I can plead and be positive, but I'm just trying to convince them that the emperor isn't naked.

It's not up to us to save SWTOR, It's down to the studio. - And they don't exactly have a great track record on that.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Eanelinea
01.29.2018 , 12:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
I hope to be proved wrong, but over the years, forum posters have produced a huge number of suggestions for game modes, story, PvP maps, events, quests, enemies, factions, races, planets daily areas, operations QoL improvements, balance issues, CM items and more.

Most of which haven't even merited a yellow post, let alone any dev time.

I fear it's too little too late. The ship is on the rocks as it is.

I've introduced a lot of people to the game over the years. Only one remains now - Who was a late starter The rest got bored of waiting for content and didn't like the direction it was going in and left. - I can plead and be positive, but I'm just trying to convince them that the emperor isn't naked.

It's not up to us to save SWTOR, It's down to the studio. - And they don't exactly have a great track record on that.
I've noticed through the years alot of my suggestions get used in the game. Mostly I'm more the companion love and story type, so no idea if they look at people suggesting operations, etc. But I've never once received a yellow text saying 'I like it, let's use it' they just do. Sometimes it took them a few years, but they did it, so I'm not depressed or cynical yet.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

TrixxieTriss
01.29.2018 , 03:25 AM | #5
Fix bugs in pvp and give us cross faction for all pvp maps.

Lunafox
01.29.2018 , 04:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
If you spend any time on the forum right now you probably know about *the article* and all the rumors swirling around about development ending. Whether the rumors prove true or not we can still be proactive about this. I know that I don't want to see this game end, that I want to see real effort and care to go into it. I suggest taking constructive action in the form of #SaveSWTOR.

Add it to your forum sig. Flood your social media with it. Post to the EA and BW twitter accounts. Tell them you want the game to continue. Present a united front of support for the game. It isn't a magic wand, no one is suggesting that, but it's constructive action that costs nothing but a minimal amount of time and effort.

If you don't want to do it you don't have to.It's your life, your time, but I do ask that this thread be used a a rallying point for the game and not a center for complaints. There are dozens of threads on the forum where you can air your grievances, let's leave this one for people who want to discuss positive action.
Thanks for posting this up! I'm glad you did. I've been posting a couple of messages each day on Twitter, with hashtags relevant to any firm involved with the game, in the hopes of getting it across that the game still has a lot of promise and life left in it and deserves more. I'm going to keep this up on Twitter and Facebook. If you see SWTOR positive messages, retweet them, quote them, share them, we need to do whatever it takes to make them see the game deserves more investment, of time, money and dev staff. SWTOR shouldn't have to suckle the hind teat in favor of something many people aren't even interested in.

I'm not sure how many more game improvement suggestions I can offer, I've offered many over the years, and so many others have too, but if something comes to me, you can bet I'll march off to 'suggestions and cartel suggestions' and toss it up.

Thanks again for this DuchessKristania. <3
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Rebamcfan
01.29.2018 , 09:21 AM | #7
I don't have much to offer, but in my honest opinion, more content can always be the thing that could bring people back, provided that it has been tested before the release. Whether its in form of story, PvE, PvP or quality of life, all of those little things can help keep the game interesting but together, they could bring lot of marvel for many at same time if brought in at once.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If you liked what I posted, feel free to use my Referral link. ^_^

Andryah
01.29.2018 , 09:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
I suggest taking constructive action in the form of #SaveSWTOR.

Nothing wrong with your suggestion. However, I do not believe that social media activism serves any real purpose in the context of things like video games.

In fact, I question social media as a whole as it clearly has quickly devolved into a massive propaganda channel set for advertisers looking to exploit those tapping social media (a recent example that is disgusting in how it tries to capitalize on a very relevant and current hash tag: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/b...arassment.html ) as well as anyone who wants to spread conspiracy as fact. So in that context.. I think #SaveSWTOR will either do nothing or actually backfire on your intentions.

And.. you know what the true united front is? It's subscribers continuing to play and support the game, even when it may lack some things they really desire. Instead.. what we have is a thousand different special interest groups all shouting over each other and creating discussion chaos.

#HashTagsAreWorthless
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

SaerethDL
01.29.2018 , 10:43 AM | #9
#LetSwtorDIE
Can't get something new without letting something old die first. It's been a good run, but its time to move on to a brighter future, they have already let this game go to waste by not investing in it, and putting all their hard work into the cartel market updates.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a subscriber) and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 1 Million Credits or more to get you started!

TUXs
01.29.2018 , 10:46 AM | #10
Hashtags don't mean anything...subs and $ do. If you want to save this game, spend a TON more than you have been...money is what matters, not feelings.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)