Grade 7 Crafting Materials - which (and where) are the schematics?

TarisKnight

Hi everyone,

During the course of my later adventures I gathered several grade 7 crafting materials (for example Alien Data Cube, or also two purple ones that I can´t remember the name right now). In any case - where I can find schematics for these? Most of my crafting skills are at 450, but no schematic - neither the ones that I learned from the crew trainer nor the ones I found - need these (the only exception are Biometric Crystal Alloys). Does anyone know for which schematics these can be used and where one can get them?

Cheers

Most come from level 50 operations (EV, KP, EC) either from random drops or reverse engineering existing items. And IIRC the rest are random schematics from crew skills.

That being said, I would not bother actively seeking these schematics for the simple fact that there are schematics for better items that are easier to acquire.

My guild's bank has hundreds of these materials sitting, because there is no use for them.

Edited by psandak

During the course of my later adventures I gathered several grade 7 crafting materials (for example Alien Data Cube, or also two purple ones that I can´t remember the name right now). In any case - where I can find schematics for these? Most of my crafting skills are at 450, but no schematic - neither the ones that I learned from the crew trainer nor the ones I found - need these (the only exception are Biometric Crystal Alloys). Does anyone know for which schematics these can be used and where one can get them?

The materials are from a time before Makeb, and can still be acquired from classic ops. Possibly the item modifications from those ops can be reverse engineered into schematic that use the materials. Earpiece, implant and armor schematics used to drop as loot from bosses, but I'm not sure if they can be acquired anymore. The classic commendations vendors might have something.

Why would you want schematics for those materials though? You can get better schematics from the crafting trainers and the basic commendations schematic vendor, and they use grade 9 materials which are easier to acquire. If you are a completionist and want to acquire every schematic in the game, I can only wish you good luck. Otherwise, it's not worth the trouble.

I know of one possible current use for them:

The reusable Rakata Biochem schematics (Biochem: 400, Level 50 requirement) which can be purchased from the Crew Skill trainer require some of those Grade 7 Operation mats. I think there are some Rakata Artifice Relics that may also use them.

Problem is, they're Bind on Pickup so they're only useful to the crafter who can make them.

If you're a Premium subscriber or have Rise of the Hutt Cartel to be able to reach 55, those are only useful for 2-3 levels, but for a Free player or Preferred wthout RotHC, that's the best endgame reusable stims/medpacks/adrenals they can use.

Edited by AlixMV