Sith Inquisitor: Artifice or Synthweaving?

epicstarwarsfan

Hello guys, in my recent Beta experiences I took the time to dive into the Crew Skills system. I found that picking a Gathering and Mission was very easy on my Inquisitor, but I had some trouble with my Crafting Skill. At first I went with Synthweaving. The fact that Inquisitors wear only Light Armor made me feel I needed to craft things that would help me defend myself. I started to work on it, but I found that normally I would loot armor that was better than what I had crafted. This got me second guessing myself. Now, with Artifice you are more on the Offensive side of things. I'm still not 100% sure what Artifice makes, but I have heard of Mods, Weapons, and other Offensive material for Force users. I thought to myself if I'm already strong, why not make myself even stronger?

So what should I go with? Continue with Synthweaving or switch to Artifice? Tell me what you think.

Artifice is used for finding lightsaber color and power crystals. I used artifice on the beta as well and sent my companions on missions to come back with different colored crystals. The power crystals that they found were particularly weak. Some would say artifice is recommended since your a sith or jedi but experiment to find what your most comfortable with.

Hello guys, in my recent Beta experiences I took the time to dive into the Crew Skills system. I found that picking a Gathering and Mission was very easy on my Inquisitor, but I had some trouble with my Crafting Skill. At first I went with Synthweaving. The fact that Inquisitors wear only Light Armor made me feel I needed to craft things that would help me defend myself. I started to work on it, but I found that normally I would loot armor that was better than what I had crafted. This got me second guessing myself. Now, with Artifice you are more on the Offensive side of things. I'm still not 100% sure what Artifice makes, but I have heard of Mods, Weapons, and other Offensive material for Force users. I thought to myself if I'm already strong, why not make myself even stronger?

So what should I go with? Continue with Synthweaving or switch to Artifice? Tell me what you think.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778

this might help you

Hmm ... just curious. @OP, were you able to use the Reverse Engineering system? By default, the stuff that you can do via the trainer don't really compare well to some of the loot stuff that you get, but if you use the Reverse Engineering system you can potentially get recipes that are better (blues and purples).

If you haven't used the Reverse Engineering system, it won't matter what you choose between Synthweaving and Artifice : you'll still feel that the items that you make are sub par.

Maybe I should switch to Artifice... I hear you can make actual Lightsabers. Anyone want to comfirm that?

Go to torhead.com under crew skills i had the same issue, but after looking over all the sythweaving im sticking with it there are alot of epic's for us force users. since i have a guildie going artfice i'll stay with sythweaving.

I am debating between these 2 as well. The only things i REALLY care about are what is unique to the craft that only the crafter can use.

What is unique to Synthweaving? A few special clothes you can't sell?

What is unique to Artifice? A couple lightsaber mods?

What I really care about is are there color crystals only Artifice crafters can use? That would be neat.

I know Biochem is good but it seems EVERYBODY is doing that and I can't imagine they won't nerf it or buff the other crafts at some point.

Plus I am playing a consular and can always heal or just buy potions from ALL the Biochem people. :p

There are some good websites that shows BOP items that each crafter can make. You can make lightsabers with artifice at the end game. If you are planning on playing a tank, I'd lean toward synthweaving, if you are leaning toward melee dps, then artifice. Personally, I'm choosing what I want to play, but what you do is your choice and you should choose one that you think would be fun.

Playing a SI Sorcerer in beta i found that going for stats was the best way to increase my healing as well as a lot of my damage abilities.

Artifice is only for the lightsaber with very few stats attached whereas Synthweaving you can do all your armor slots.

If you group and do most of the +2, +4 heroics you will get drops and rewards much better than anything you can craft no matter what you choose.

For solo you need to reverse engineer your greens to atleast get blues or even purples if you have the resources and money.

Later in the game however you will be using mainly orange gear and snythweaving does not provide the mods for those.

During the last beta my wife and I rolled sith. I took warrior she took inquisitor. I took synthweaving she took artifice.

Overall I found I could make gear for us that was just above our level and much better than the mission rewards. Not always but every now and then. The biggest benefit was that the armor you make has the right stats on them. Overall I provided maybe 45% of our armor. In any case it's helpful to be able to "plug the holes" in your gear. Most vendors don't like to sell chestpieces, and sometimes it takes a long time before you get to upgrade a particular item. Therefore a "meh" item you can make is better than what you already have.

With artifice my wife couldn't make lightsabers (granted we didn't get very far, just past Dromund Kaas), but the saber parts were invaluable. We got two lightsabers as drops and iirc one as a mission reward and thanks to the hilts, crystals etc she made I never had to change the original sabers I got when I became a marauder.

Both artifice and synthweaving are really useful skills for force users. I assume biochem will rock as well, but personally I would hesitate to pick cybertech on a Sith/Jedi. Maybe I'm wrong, hard to say at this stage.

During the last beta my wife and I rolled sith. I took warrior she took inquisitor. I took synthweaving she took artifice.

Overall I found I could make gear for us that was just above our level and much better than the mission rewards. Not always but every now and then. The biggest benefit was that the armor you make has the right stats on them. Overall I provided maybe 45% of our armor. In any case it's helpful to be able to "plug the holes" in your gear. Most vendors don't like to sell chestpieces, and sometimes it takes a long time before you get to upgrade a particular item. Therefore a "meh" item you can make is better than what you already have.

With artifice my wife couldn't make lightsabers (granted we didn't get very far, just past Dromund Kaas), but the saber parts were invaluable. We got two lightsabers as drops and iirc one as a mission reward and thanks to the hilts, crystals etc she made I never had to change the original sabers I got when I became a marauder.

Both artifice and synthweaving are really useful skills for force users. I assume biochem will rock as well, but personally I would hesitate to pick cybertech on a Sith/Jedi. Maybe I'm wrong, hard to say at this stage.

This is exactly what my wife and I will be doing as well, down to who is playing what class even. She went so far as to create a chart to make sure we manage to get all of the Crew Skills properly handled among all of our characters.

This is exactly what my wife and I will be doing as well, down to who is playing what class even. She went so far as to create a chart to make sure we manage to get all of the Crew Skills properly handled among all of our characters.

Spoooky! We've made a similar list as well! :D

Maybe I should switch to Artifice... I hear you can make actual Lightsabers. Anyone want to comfirm that?

No but you can change the stuff inside and make a emtpy red lightsaber and become a powerful one depending what you put in it. I was unable to "make" a light saber but i was able to mod it with better stuff making the weapon better.

This is all great. I played beta until 37 and found out that especially after 30's you get alot of armors that have mods. So I went for cybertech while my RL mate went Artifice, that way we can make all the mods for all gear we need I suppose. Also mods are sold for commendations so easier to replace "crappy" mods then the whole piece while also attaining the looks.

Also, we dont have to share crystal nodes :)