Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Assassin Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HKtheindomitable
07.24.2019 , 09:36 PM | #21
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. Severing Slash. It's kinda cool, but feels quite useless. I never ever used what it replaced before (low slash or whatever it was) that reduced movement speed as it was fairly (if not completely) useless in PvE. And since it just does the same as before but in an AoE cone... it's going to not be used just as much.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Delani
07.24.2019 , 10:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. Severing Slash. It's kinda cool, but feels quite useless. I never ever used what it replaced before (low slash or whatever it was) that reduced movement speed as it was fairly (if not completely) useless in PvE. And since it just does the same as before but in an AoE cone... it's going to not be used just as much.
what would you suggest is a better ability rather than severing slash?

DzastinBiberi
07.24.2019 , 11:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
I'm in the process of creating one.

My complaint is after I selected Hatred and choosed all my utilities, I went to the vendor and it lists EVERY SET OF GEAR. Whether I selected Hatred or Deception or Darkness, it showed me ALL the gear for every spec. I didn't know which set to choose from. Yeah, I narrowed down my selection by realizing this set is for tanks, oh another set for tanks, um I think this set is for tanks and that one. Now I had 4 sets of gear to choose from and so I just picked the one I think is best suited for a Hatred Assassin. I'm not sure if I have selected the right set or not.
Thanks for the reply.

I'll be on a vacation from Saturday so I'll install PTS etc.

The reason I'm worried about these set bonuses for Sins is that I main one all the way back from 2014 and I've been through all changes, buffs and BW hammers when it comes to Deception, Hatred and Darkness

Literally I can play them blindfolded and I'm interested to test it. The only worry I have, is that my feedback on it will do nothing and over the years I've PM'd Musco, wrote who knows how many posts with suggestions on what should improve etc and it literally did nothing.

You put all that effort for nothing and after that you just give up trying to make blind ppl see.

I'll give it one more go in hope that someone will read/listen.

So far, these tacticals and set bonuses for Deception and Hatred look quite bad compared to Mara's and not to mention Operatives who from what I've seen will be, one man army.

xJediRyanx
07.26.2019 , 02:20 PM | #24
Force Cloak should reset recklessness. Its an essential part of the rotation for deception. This shouldn't be taken away. I understand that Herra's persistence tactical gives us two charges for phantom stride to make up for that in a way, but if we don't take that tactical, we lose the reset. Please bring this back.
I'd put a link here for you to click on, but my link is missing granny.

HKtheindomitable
07.26.2019 , 04:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
what would you suggest is a better ability rather than severing slash?
An excellent question, one which I would like to answer. However I only had a chance to play around with Hatred Assassin. Since it's for the AC and not just one discipline, I have some ideas, but cannot say quite yet. When it returns I'll have a better answer.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE

theJudeAbides
07.26.2019 , 09:52 PM | #26
I have not played on the PTS yet, but looking at the changes so far, things seem very underwhelming, especially when compared with what other classes are getting. Assassin DPS has been woefully overlooked for a LONG time now and needs some pretty drastic changes to bring it back in line with other classes. The amount of tools at an assassin's disposal compared to other classes is just sad:

- Lack of Defensives - Assassins have 2 defensives. That's it. And no full health restores like Juggs/Mercs. Most other DPS classes have AT LEAST 3 good defensives.
- Lack of gap closers - Yes, we have force speed, but that's it. I don't Phantom Stride because that's part of Deceptions rotation and is never used optimally as a closer.
- Lack of AOE - Currently we have the weakest AOE ability in the game, and we only have one. I see you added a new conal, but it looks pretty ****... worse than operatives conal. We need a stronger AOE with a cooldown.
- Constantly being knocked around/stunned/slowed/rooted. Dealing with all this crap as a MELEE DPS with limited break options. Assassins seem to be made to be constantly kited, but never allowed to attack (not that our DPS is that good even when we can).

Some Suggestions to improve Assassins lives (particularly in PVP):
- Add one new GOOD defensive, similar to the one Mercs got last expansion. This could be mainly for DPS, since Tanks DO already get an extra one. Assassins have the lowest survivability right now in PVP.
- Add new ability that is similar to the one Vaylin has in the SM chapters: Any DPS coming in from outside Melee range would be reflected. This ability should last about as long as the Sniper "hunker down" ability, with a similar cooldown as well. This would FORCE ranged to come to melee, or perish.
- Add a new AOE ability that does a larger amount of damage but has a cooldown similar to other classes "heavy hitting AOE" abilities. Also, buff our spin attack to be more in-line with other spammable AOEs.
- Take the "full Discharge" ability off of Phantom Stride, and have Recklessness give you 2 procs, and reduce Recklessness cooldown slightly to compensate. Now people can use Phantom Stride as a gap closer.
- Give us back Phase Walk already. First you gave it to Sorcs, and now Snipers. Stop trolling us and GIVE. IT. BACK!

FlameYOL
07.27.2019 , 08:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides View Post
- Give us back Phase Walk already. First you gave it to Sorcs, and now Snipers. Stop trolling us and GIVE. IT. BACK!
Agreed, ranged classes are already mobile enough. Its bad enough it was an ability given to another class, then it was removed and now another class get its but we don't? It's a load of Bantha Poodoo.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

HKtheindomitable
07.27.2019 , 08:18 AM | #28
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides
Give us back Phase Walk already. First you gave it to Sorcs, and now Snipers. Stop trolling us and GIVE. IT. BACK!"
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Agreed, ranged classes are already mobile enough. Its bad enough it was an ability given to another class, then it was removed and now another class get its but we don't? It's a load of Bantha Poodoo.
Phantom Stride. It's the Assassin's form of Leap/Rush. We don't need Phase Walk. Assassins don't lack mobility with a utility that increases speed in combat when an ability is used, and force speed. And now there's a tactical that gives TWO of those.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE

FlameYOL
07.28.2019 , 08:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Phantom Stride. It's the Assassin's form of Leap/Rush. We don't need Phase Walk. Assassins don't lack mobility with a utility that increases speed in combat when an ability is used, and force speed. And now there's a tactical that gives TWO of those.
Phantom Stride is bugged, its one of the glitchiest abilities in the game. Whenever I use it in a warzone I sometimes Phantom Stride to the enemy only to fall down, nevermind when I get stuck halfway through the path because there was a slight bump in the road. So no, Phantom Stride does not make up for it.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

HKtheindomitable
07.28.2019 , 08:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Phantom Stride is bugged, its one of the glitchiest abilities in the game. Whenever I use it in a warzone I sometimes Phantom Stride to the enemy only to fall down, nevermind when I get stuck halfway through the path because there was a slight bump in the road. So no, Phantom Stride does not make up for it.
Eliminating it due to a couple bugs isn't the solution. Phasewalk doesn't do what PS does. It just moves you around, but it doesn't close the gap between you and the target. Assassin is Melee and needs PS. Force Speed doesn't cut it. I've never experienced the first glitch you mentioned, ever. So it'd seem it's an ability being used on you to knock you down (eg: a grenade). The other I have, but rarely. Heck, even the Vanguard's Charge ability bugs out and fails to execute at all and go on CD.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE