Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

There we go.

Edited by Greenify

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it what you want, but as Eric said, most people want the actual robe, not some crappy Inquisitor reskin.

Adding a cape would start a war, don't you get it through your skull yet? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

That is what would happen. Because of this thread, was the exact reason why the first said they [Weren't] Going to fix the bugs in the first place.

This is about Bug F.I.X.E.S. Not what some people would want compared to another. Revan's Robes that you get in Kotor doesn't even have a cape. It didn't even have a chain ring.

They shouldn't add a cape because that would invoke as already seen in this thread, a flame war. They need to leave that as is.

and on your callous call saying Revans set that was first released when this game came out wasn't canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place.

-eric

The underline stating that the set is canonical, with the appearance bug (light grey color chest bug, brown lower robe color bug, and the double hood.)

Edited by Magnusheart

Adding a cape would start a war, don't you get it through your skull yet? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

That is what would happen. Because of this thread, was the exact reason why the first said they [Weren't] Going to fix the bugs in the first place.

This is about Bug F.I.X.E.S. Not what some people would want compared to another. Revan's Robes that you get in Kotor doesn't even have a cape. It didn't even have a chain ring.

They shouldn't add a cape because that would invoke as already seen in this thread, a flame war. They need to leave that as is.

Well add the cape. we can recolor the inquisitor robe if we want.

The only way they can add a cape to the set is to make an entire different set. Unless you all here are fine with the flame war backlash that could erupt on the forums when people log in seeing a cape for those who didn't want it.

A war with you. You're making it painfully obvious that you just want it the way YOU want it and you couldn't care less about the lore or what anybody else wants. Revan's robe in KotOR DID have a cape. And I've already pointed out why mentioning the cape in this thread is a good thing, so please stop telling me "this thread is for bug fixes", it's getting annoying.

The only way they can add a cape to the set is to make an entire different set. Unless you all here are fine with the flame war backlash that could erupt on the forums when people log in seeing a cape for those who didn't want it.

Seriously, drop this "there will be war" BS. Nobody is buying it.

A war with you. You're making it painfully obvious that you just want it the way YOU want it and you couldn't care less about the lore or what anybody else wants. Revan's robe in KotOR DID have a cape. And I've already pointed out why mentioning the cape in this thread is a good thing, so please stop telling me "this thread is for bug fixes", it's getting annoying.

Ignorance is bliss. People who liked the old "classic versions" of the gear when they were changed. didn't know they were changing until it happened. THEN Came the flame war that made Bioware scared too *********** fix anything. I am speaking out of experience.

Edited by Magnusheart

I am glad you decided to fix the appearance of your most iconic Character and thus restored a significant amount of my respect towards BioWare.

Because there's only 1 Revan's version. There can't be 2 different versions, because then 1 of them would NOT be Revan's. I'm fine with the keeping the current set, but then it would have to have the word "Revan's" removed from the title. And even then, in 2.1 you will get dyes, just get investigator's set and recolor it. it will look exactly the same.

And in the end making sure that main characters of the series look how they should is more important than some people who do not care about lore... and like I said they won't be losing much, since investigator's (and a bunch of other sets on imp side) look exactly the same with slightly different colors.

Provided they fix that and don't just make a new revan's chest.

Ignorance is bliss. People who liked the old "classic versions" of the gear when they were changed. didn't know they were changing until it happened. THEN Came the flame war that make Bioware scared too *********** fix anything. I am speaking out of experience.

They are changing it now, so this war you claim will happen is already going to happen, no? It's being changed, might as well give it the cape it should have been released with.

They are changing it now, so this war you claim will happen is already going to happen, no? It's being changed, might as well give it the cape it should have been released with.

It never had a cape when the game was launch, who said it needs a cape? I am going to assume you weren't on the forums when the change happened in patch 1.6.2 which caused http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

This is about fixes, not alterations that would cause an outbreak of people using the phantom/spymaster as a change to demand it back. You really want to slap a cape on this set so it clutters through mounts? Thats the last thing we should want.

You want a [Darth Revan's Chestpeice] with a cape. Suggest it in the cartel market threads for it to be purchasable from the vendor in crew skills.

Edited by Magnusheart

It never had a cape when the game was launch, who said it needs a cape? I am going to assume you weren't on the forums when the change happened in patch 1.6.2 which caused http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

Revan's original gear had a cape. The devs have said they are intending to make it look more canonical. Thus, it needs the cape. Just because the cape was overlooked at launch doesn't mean it should continue to be overlooked.

Dude, seriously.

This is about fixes, not alterations that would cause an outbreak of people using the phantom/spymaster as a change to demand it back. You really want to slap a cape on this set so it clutters through mounts? Thats the last thing we should want.

You want a [Darth Revan's Chestpeice] with a cape. Suggest it in the cartel market threads for it to be purchasable from the vendor in crew skills.

It will be more than just him. I DO NOT want a cape on Revan's robe.

Just because you think it was just me, here is another. and more will post on the forums if that goes into affect.

You want a caped Revan Chestpeice? Suggest it in the cartel market suggestions forum for it to be made seperately and put into the contraband resale corp.

Congrats. Feel free to use the new dye system on one of the many Inquisitor items and let those who like the lore of the Star Wars universe to have the correct appearance.

Congrats. Feel free to use the new dye system on one of the many Inquisitor items and let those who like the lore of the Star Wars universe to have the correct appearance.

Flawed. Republic cannot get that set style. and who the hell said that they didnt copy inquisitor sets after Revans? hmm? Revan was secretly made in the early stages of the came by the creator of Revan himself, as he was the lead storywriter for the Knight story, and Revans in this.

Edited by Magnusheart

Proving you don't have a clue. Investigator's set turns into a sports bra when worn on female characters.

Don't wear it on females then.

Not the same, no bronze chestplate. that part wont be altered with dye. Only the primary and secondary. which is black and red. Try again.

I really don't care. Revan's gear needs a cape, as Revan's original robe had a cape, the canonical robe, which a developer has specifically stated that they want to try and get closer to with the corrections they are going to make.

Corrections did not mean butchering the current set.

Quoteing them, They are inclined for players who are already attached to the set, and a lot of us are. Adding a cape disrupts that. which is why the Phantom and Spymaster flame thread was born. You're asking for that to reignite. You want a suggestion. Go to the proper section of the forums and ask for a second one to be put in somewhere else. WITHOUT DEFILING the current version from the game.

This is about the 3 bugs fixes. Not starting a war you are so inclined to bring back to the developers doorstep.

Edited by Magnusheart

Don't wear it on females then.

I really don't care. Revan's gear needs a cape, as Revan's original robe had a cape, the canonical robe, which a developer has specifically stated that they want to try and get closer to with the corrections they are going to make.

So you concede that you cannot create the same look through other pieces. Gotcha.

And the Revan robe in this game is just as canonical as the one in KOTOR. The cartel robe is based on the one in the Foundry, that's the canonical piece they are trying to bring it closer to.

Corrections did not mean butchering the current set.

Quoteing them, They are inclined for players who are already attached to the set, and a lot of us are. Adding a cape disrupts that. which is why the Phantom and Spymaster flame thread was born. You're asking for that to reignite. You want a suggestion. Go to the proper section of the forums and ask for a second one to be put in somewhere else. WITHOUT DEFILING the current version from the game.

The current version is already defiled. It's an insult to those of us who played the original KotOR games. They've said they want to make it look more like it's supposed to, that would include a cape, they are watching this thread, thus this is the best place to post, so I'm not going anywhere.

So you concede that you cannot create the same look through other pieces. Gotcha.

And the Revan robe in this game is just as canonical as the one in KOTOR. The cartel robe is based on the one in the Foundry, that's the canonical piece they are trying to bring it closer to.

The current version(when fixed) will be the 100% canonical version as REVAN PORTRAYED IN THIS GAME AT LAUNCH.