Can I kill Overseer Harkun?

Cantiga

• 2 weeks later...

To confirm or deny it would obviously be a spoiler, hence the tags below, click at your own risk as I know a lot of inquisitors have it on their mind early on :)

Yup, much later on in the story it is a darkside option

Edited by Fredbob

Like every inquisitor, I wanted his head by the end of my time in the academy. Knowing what I know now, he's necessary. He weeds out the weak, and insures the strong become sith - he's the same mean/disrepectful/insulting cuss to everyone that walks through there (except, of course, his boyfriend Ffon). He motivates each initiate to be his very best and survive the trials or die trying. Do as the guy in the first tomb tells you, cultivate your hatred of him and channel your rage to unlock your full potential with the darkside! Only through power can you gain victory, and through victory, your chains are broken! Go forth my inquisitor brethen and claim your victory! Edited by Natarii

To confirm or deny it would obviously be a spoiler, hence the tags below, click at your own risk as I know a lot of inquisitors have it on their mind early on :)

Yup, much later on in the story it is a darkside option

At which point? After you get Xalek? I thought I took all DS options, but Harkun was alive and kicking for me

I wanted so badly to kill this guy! But now I've done with the starter planet and I couldn't even slap his face at the end.

I want revenge. Was it possible to hurt him at all? Or did I miss the option?

Same here!

As Xalek walks in and batters the twi'lek acolyte, Harkun objects and you can step in and defend Xalek, which then leads to you having the option to kill him, as he plans to report Xalek for cheating with such obvious murder. If you already left with Xalek then yes you may have talked a different path and left him to work the rest of his days at the acadamy

This is the mission on Torhead, click on Harkun's name on the left to see the convo

What level do you get this mission?

Edited by wesmagyar

I don't understand how I missed this as well. When he said he was going to report my activity I was expecting an option to kill him but I didn't get any. Its ******** that I didn't.

same here. but I found a video that shows him being killed by sith inquisitor but it seems that my second choice of answear prevented me from getting the option in the third choice.

here is a link to the video: don´t watch if you dont want to be spoiled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-hKQ_tMc_A

I'm currently on Voss, my last conversation with him

It really sounded like he stopped being such a wound up d-bag towards me

That's probably because he has to respect you. Either he still harbors ill will toward you and hides it or it was all just an act to toughen up the acolytes.

I preferred my option, I'm Light Side. I Force Persuaded him into thinking Xalek passed the test perfectly and even made him give Xalek his Saber.

Harkun does a good enough job hating his life, no way I'd do that guy a favor by killing him.

(Note: I intentionally didn't spoiler tag this because if you're reading two pages into what is obviously a post about whether or not you can kill Harkun then it's your own fault :) )

For all those fretting about missing their chance at Harkun

--Fairly major spoilers--

At the end of the storyline, when you are raised to the Dark Council as Darth Nox; Harkun will be there, and will bow to you along with all the other NPC's you left alive during your class story. So basically pick what is more satisfying - killing the guy or having him bow before you.

Sicking Khem Val on him and Ffon is the single most hilarious and satisfying moment of my SI storyline thus far. Post Script: as of 20100107, I am lv 31 in adleraan and bought the game last week.

Really, You're stuck within a maelstrom of nagging, and that one choice makes everyone happy. Well, everyone except Harkun, but he's a nobody.

Edited by Ekemeister

• 1 month later...
For all those fretting about missing their chance at Harkun

--Fairly major spoilers--

At the end of the storyline, when you are raised to the Dark Council as Darth Nox; Harkun will be there, and will bow to you along with all the other NPC's you left alive during your class story. So basically pick what is more satisfying - killing the guy or having him bow before you.

Mine's gonna be pretty empty then, when I get to that point. :D

As has been stated the option of dealing with Harkun comes up when

You are between Voss and Corelllia in your class quest and you go back to Korriban to get Xalek, your new apprentice

When Xalek murders Harkun's favorite pupil to complete his trials, Harkun throws a **** fit about cold-bluded murder and the collapse of Sith traditions. You have three options for dealing with this:

1. Pull Rank (Light Side) - "I am a Sith Lord, and you will kindly ****."

2. Kill Harkun (Dark Side) - "DIEDIEIDIEIDE!"

3. [Force Persuade] "Murder, what are you talking about? Xalek just successfully completed his trial. Ignore the twi'lek corpse on the floor. Xalek is free to go and is coming with me."

Now as evil as I was, I just had to see what #3 was all about, and I was in for a real treat!

A conversation along these lines took place:

Harkun: "Xalek has successfully completed his trial! He is ready to be your apprentice, and he's one of the best I've ever had since you! Xalek, here is my personal lightsaber. Take it, and I wish you the best of luck in your studies."

Harkun, with a smile on his face, hands over his lightsaber, and gleefully skips out of the room. This is the only time in the game I've ever seen him smile.

I was laughing so hard, I had side pains, This was definitely one of the most hilarious game moments I've encountered so far, ranking up there with having an Imperial trooper cold-c*ck Captain Yelto with his rifle butt at the end of Boarding Party. :D

As has been stated the option of dealing with Harkun comes up when

You are between Voss and Corelllia in your class quest and you go back to Korriban to get Xalek, your new apprentice

When Xalek murders Harkun's favorite pupil to complete his trials, Harkun throws a **** fit about cold-bluded murder and the collapse of Sith traditions. You have three options for dealing with this:

1. Pull Rank (Light Side) - "I am a Sith Lord, and you will kindly ****."

2. Kill Harkun (Dark Side) - "DIEDIEIDIEIDE!"

3. [Force Persuade] "Murder, what are you talking about? Xalek just successfully completed his trial. Ignore the twi'lek corpse on the floor. Xalek is free to go and is coming with me."

Now as evil as I was, I just had to see what #3 was all about, and I was in for a real treat!

A conversation along these lines took place:

Harkun: "Xalek has successfully completed his trial! He is ready to be your apprentice, and he's one of the best I've ever had since you! Xalek, here is my personal lightsaber. Take it, and I wish you the best of luck in your studies."

Harkun, with a smile on his face, hands over his lightsaber, and gleefully skips out of the room. This is the only time in the game I've ever seen him smile.

I was laughing so hard, I had side pains, This was definitely one of the most hilarious game moments I've encountered so far, ranking up there with having an Imperial trooper cold-c*ck Captain Yelto with his rifle butt at the end of Boarding Party. :D

omg I don't wanna kill him anymore......