Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opening Access to Ossus Endurance Datacron

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Opening Access to Ossus Endurance Datacron

imcrazycheese
11.25.2020 , 06:22 PM | #1
Hello developers,

As well as exploring the game's maps, and its PvE content, I'm also an avid RPer. As such I am regularly keeping an eye out for good RP spots, and Ossus was a treasure trove of such locations. What really captured my attention were the instances for the Endurance datacron such as the ruins with the tree, and especially the caves. I consider those dark caves as the best cave location in the whole game. They are positively beautiful.

My one greedy complaint is that once you have the datacron you are henceforth locked out of those instances on the character you completed them on. So while I've left them incomplete on all future characters in case I want to use those locations for a RP it doesn't help the characters that have already done them. Could those instances possibly be opened up much like the mastery datacron on Onderon?

Thank you for your time.

DarkTergon
11.26.2020 , 09:16 AM | #2
While I understand the idea, I'm not sure it would work, would people only be able to access the area after they've got the datacron, will they be able to summon people in to get the datacron who haven't done all the other bits.
It is a nice area, and would be a shame if it wasn't unusable afterwards afterwards.
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖
Long Live SWTOR!!!!

turbomagnus
11.26.2020 , 09:53 AM | #3
Considering Ossus is one of the places players sometimes mention as a possible location for a new stronghold, maybe they could integrate the design of that area into such a stronghold should one ever be created?

DarkTergon
11.26.2020 , 10:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Considering Ossus is one of the places players sometimes mention as a possible location for a new stronghold, maybe they could integrate the design of that area into such a stronghold should one ever be created?
That would be pretty good. Although, my hopes for the next stronghold are a space station, or a flat on one of the fleets
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖
Long Live SWTOR!!!!

imcrazycheese
11.26.2020 , 03:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
While I understand the idea, I'm not sure it would work, would people only be able to access the area after they've got the datacron, will they be able to summon people in to get the datacron who haven't done all the other bits.
It is a nice area, and would be a shame if it wasn't unusable afterwards afterwards.
Since it is an instance area transporting other people in to bypass the challege wouldn't be possible. That would just invite them to the original person's instance. To get any datacron within an instance it has to be in your own. Clicking on a datacron in another person's doesn't do anything.