Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Fortress heroic +2 mode

Slashum
10.24.2018 , 10:59 AM | #11
My influence level 50 companion always stops healing part way thru the end fight.

I can get the boss down around 50% then the companion stops healing

Venn_Dras
11.06.2018 , 02:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Slashum View Post
My influence level 50 companion always stops healing part way thru the end fight.

I've had the same problem.

Sadly, it's nearly impossible to find anyone interested in Veteran runs anymore.

merovejec
11.06.2018 , 03:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Venn_Dras View Post

Sadly, it's nearly impossible to find anyone interested in Veteran runs anymore.
That is mainly cause you can do that one solo, even with 230 gear and rank 1 companion.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

ceryxp
11.06.2018 , 11:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Slashum View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Venn_Dras View Post

If you are on Star Forge I can help with Star Fortress runs on either Imp or Pub side.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

HollyUSEC
11.06.2018 , 05:32 PM | #15
My tank Powertech finished Nar Shaddaa Heroic late last night. Mixture of 230/236 gear, except for a blaster with all gold 248 mods including barrel. Level 50 Mako healing.

I didn't have much trouble outside of the Exarch. The constantly getting bounced off all the walls of the platform area like a bouncy slap-ball while the Exarch himself was utterly immune to the same, was very maddening. Also, being in tank spec, it took a LONG time. At least an hour and ten minutes. (EDIT: That was to do the whole Star Fortress, not just the Exarch fight hahaha). I accidentally got knocked into the bottomless pit by the Praetorian because I was standing where I shouldn't have been, but I broke out of the cell and killed him next go around.

I'll probably be trying Alderaan or Belsavis on my Vigilance Guardian next. If that works out, both my Powertech and Guardian will do Voss.

All that being said, I'd gladly welcome a partner just for the company and it's more fun that way. I'm on Star Forge server, often around at 1 AM'ish and 2 AM'ish Eastern Time. Just ask on General and Allies chat and if I'm on and interested in a group, I'll whisper you.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

phalczen
11.06.2018 , 06:21 PM | #16
Itís not because the Veteran Mode is solo-able. Itís because the decorations and conquered exarch armor pieces stopped dropping from that mode when 5.0 came out and two and a half years later itís still not fixed. Also, I did one four nights ago and the CXP pack that drops from the Praetorian dropped for the group leader but not for me. Mine did drop with the final Exarch though. Im not even sure if the walker drops anymore, although you can get it with Eternal Championship tokens. Itís never dropped for me ever, even in the 4.0 era. The point is thereís no reason for groups to do it beyond the initial unlocking of the companions/achievements, as long as the loot is broken.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Venn_Dras
11.07.2018 , 02:52 AM | #17
I'm actually on the Shan server. My shadow does pretty well up until the last fight. Then for some reason when the boss hits 50%, the comp stops healing. In any case I joined up with the Pub side of the guild I was on as an Imp. A guildie and I took it down pretty quick after that. Should have checked if there was a Pub side sooner. Guess it comes from rarely playing Republic. Well, at least I got some good cxp points out of it

SharpArrowTip
11.07.2018 , 09:14 AM | #18
So I recently completed all of the veteran star fortresses solo on my sith assassin. I had my level 16 influence companion on heals the entire time. I also had rank 10 influence with each of the four alliance contacts since that gave me temporary abilities like a heal, stun, aoe damage, and single target damage. If you do not have that level influence with them, I would definitely recommend getting to level 10 influence because that is what helped me through it.

For the final fight, I would put the turret (the single target damage from Aygo) down first since the Exarch goes right to that and starts to destroy it after I lay the first attack on him. As it is focused on the turret, I would use my heroic moment to bring the health down quite a bit and use the rest of the other alliance abilities sparingly through the rest of the fight since there is a three minute cooldown for them. I also made sure I had an endurance pack on and health packs with me. I also found that making sure you had that Photoelectric Dampening Field up was super helpful in protecting me from a good portion of the damage. Also, be sure to interrupt the "Impaling Strikes" attack since that gives a lot of damage.

I hope this helps! If it doesn't and we happen to be on the same server (Star forge), let me know and I will be willing to help you out!
Kelssati Vass Jedi Shadow Level 70
Star Forge