Arenas. every. single. match

theUndead

well...

1. are you leveling or are you max level?
  2. when do you queue?

the queue only fills arenas when there are not enough players in it to fill WZs. this occurs often during

1. Lowbie and middie brackets
  2. off hours when few ppl are in the max level queue

if you don't like it, queue at different times or don't queue (suggestion, obviously). you're not missing out on WZs, however, b/c there are literally not enough players to fill WZs. I hope that helps.

I agree with the original post. There is entirely too many of the idiotic arena maps popping in the objective pvp que. By the way, that is what the que is, and was, from the start. One pop of this arena idiocy is too many.

The arena idiocy was not involved at the beginning of this game, and was forced into the objective que by the maroons that requested a ranking system. The objective que should sit idle, without a pop, until there are sixteen players ready to roll for an objective map.

Period.

Done.

The arena idiocy was not involved at the beginning of this game, and was forced into the objective que by the maroons that requested a ranking system.

I see the color police are out in force today. BW decided, of the their own volition and to the great dismay and anger of the vast majority of the rated player base, to remove the WZ rated mode (btw, rated WZs were instituted very early in the game's lifespan, c. 2012 when high population servers went live).

the vast majority of pvp guilds, particularly those that fielded the top caliber teams, left the game or broke apart because of this.

but hey, enjoy your own little fantasy world where rated players are the ultimate evil and the cause for all your pvp woes.

The objective que should sit idle, without a pop, until there are sixteen players ready to roll for an objective map.

Period.

Done.

Well, maybe your life is so empty that you have two or three hours to sit and wait for a pop (or longer depending on the time of day). But for those of us who have stuff to do, we’ll take the arena pops that keep PvP moving. You hate arenas so much? Don’t take them and wait to queue for another half hour to see if more players have filtered into wzs.

Arena is supposed to only pop when there aren’t enough people in the queue to make enough 8v8 games. There is a thresh hold and then it reverts to 4v4 to make games pop faster.

Otherwise you can have a situation where reg pvp doesn’t pop for hours (like what used to happen before the last mergers on some servers).

I’m not sure what the cut off number is, but it’s probably less than 32 players in the queue and it reverts to 4v4 for some matches.

So basically, if you are only getting 4v4 matches, there are not enough players in the queue to make 8v8 games. The only fix to that is more people queuing.

Maybe if Bioware hadn’t made such terrible changes late last year to pvp, there would be more people playing at the time you are logged in. Aka, the stupid win requirement to advance your missions and the 15 minute lock out timer for leaving.

Both of those new features are contributing to many of us not playing pvp anymore. And as I’ve been saying for months, if Bioware doesn’t make changes soon, there won’t be any reg pvp left in swtor,

Edited by TrixxieTriss