So I said goodbye to STO...swtor...listen up, don't repeat cryptic's mistakes!

GavinPatterson

I want you to listen very clearly here bio-ware, and I mean sit down, shut up and listen.

I thought after two years, I'd log back into sto. I know a few things have come along sense I have left and too be honest, I wanted to play something different. After all it's been years sense Cpt Gaius and his crew have gone where no man has gone before.

I log in, and well can't remember my password. So I hit reset, go to my email, hit the link and reset my password. I then use it and Log in....but wait...I'm moved to another webpage. PWE webpage that stats I haveto link or merge my account. Thats fine I get it..you've grown a bit - I still wanna meet you! So I click link account with a new PWE account. I type in my address and it says that its already in use! To me and I'm sure any logically person that would mean that I have a PWE account and may have already merged the two.

Well that could be indeed...maybe I was really drunk and wanted to play a grind a year ago...who knows...so I attempt to reset that account (PWE account) to gain my old password and merge the accounts. I type in my username, and ask for a reset email....but wait..the username/email account doesn't exist on file? Not on record? But I have the webpage right here that says it does exist.

Bottom line, I send an email...the support will get back to me in 5-7 business days....in the mean time I'm kinda feeling robbed. I was a life-timer - and invested a little extra starbucks dollars into the paid for content. But I can't link my account because their site is confused over weather or not my current email address and therefore cryptic account exists? Yes I feel robbed.

Unless they bring Romulans into the game, I'm done. They've won. How can I fight that greedy PWE? I really don't feel like fighting with them anymore anyways. So my lesson bio-ware...and do listen...make sure ea doesn't sell you off to some cheap knockoff poor excuse of a company. Also if they do, don't let the players who pay and are willing to drop 20$ a week on your cash grab out in the rain....please don't steal my account. You have made a great game, a game I feel is going to get better ...way better than sto..or lotro. Better graphics and a personal story that you seem to have stopped development on.

Sorry for the rant, I'm also sorry for all of the republic's citizen's Darth Nox is going to Murder in his rage.

Edited by GavinPatterson

I want you to listen very clearly here bio-ware, and I mean sit down, shut up and listen.

I thought after two years, I'd log back into sto. I know a few things have come along sense I have left and too be honest, I wanted to play something different. After all it's been years sense Cpt Gaius and his crew have gone where no man has gone before.

I log in, and well can't remember my password. So I hit reset, go to my email, hit the link and reset my password. I then use it and Log in....but wait...I'm moved to another webpage. PWE webpage that stats I haveto link or merge my account. Thats fine I get it..you've grown a bit - I still wanna meet you! So I click link account with a new PWE account. I type in my address and it says that its already in use! To me and I'm sure any logically person that would mean that I have a PWE account and may have already merged the two.

Well that could be indeed...maybe I was really drunk and wanted to play a grind a year ago...who knows...so I attempt to reset that account (PWE account) to gain my old password and merge the accounts. I type in my username, and ask for a reset email....but wait..the username/email account doesn't exist on file? Not on record? But I have the webpage right here that says it does exist.

Bottom line, I send an email...the support will get back to me in 5-7 business days....in the mean time I'm kinda feeling robbed. I was a life-timer - and invested a little extra starbucks dollars into the paid for content. But I can't link my account because their site is confused over weather or not my current email address and therefore cryptic account exists? Yes I feel robbed.

Unless they bring Romulans into the game, I'm done. They've won. How can I fight that greedy PWE? I really don't feel like fighting with them anymore anyways. So my lesson bio-ware...and do listen...make sure ea doesn't sell you off to some cheap knockoff poor excuse of a company. Also if they do, don't let the players who pay and are willing to drop 20$ a week on your cash grab out in the rain....please don't steal my account. You have made a great game, a game I feel is going to get better ...way better than sto..or lotro. Better graphics and a personal story that you seem to have stopped development on.

Sorry for the rant, I'm also sorry for all of the republic's citizen's Darth Nox is going to Murder in his rage.

Were you by any chance, highly intoxicated while you wrote this blazing piece of eye-scalding text?

That aside, Biowares current actions, and the community fear that they will soon be moving to a cartel-repair system for the armor, already shows us the old enthusiasm that once fueled this game is gone. What is in its place now? Corporate EA and their philosophy of "As little content as possible for the most amount of cash we can stea....er, ''earn.'' ''

1440 Cartel Coins says I get flagged and a nice PM from Bioware in my inbox because of this post. (See, I'm getting with the program and converting currency into EA Currency! :-D )

Edited by WillCaedes

Were you by any chance, highly intoxicated while you wrote this blazing piece of eye-scalding text?

That aside, Biowares current actions, and the community fear that they will soon be moving to a cartel-repair system for the armor, already shows us the old enthusiasm that once fueled this game is gone. What is in its place now? Corporate EA and their philosophy of "As little content as possible for the most amount of cash we can stea....er, ''earn.'' ''

1440 Cartel Coins says I get flagged and a nice PM from Bioware in my inbox because of this post. (See, I'm getting with the program and converting currency into EA Currency! :-D )

Repair costs were adjusted because prior to they were counting items from the orange shell level not the mod/armor/enhancement level.

"community fear" is akin to "people making junk up and flinging it at a wall to see what sticks". Sorry they have plenty of faults but this point is baseless fearmongering.