orange belts/bracers

Bartes

OK, since I finally found out how to obtain schematics/make them I need to ask if there is a way to make them comparable in stats to BM (or Rakata) as there seem to be no armoring higher than lvl 51 (commendation one).

I assume that if I crit them by some chance it will have armoring/mod and augment slot so getting stats I want shouldn't be a problem but sucks with armoring that way.

I am even ready to loose bit of expertise but as GS I try to get every extra bit of defense (armor) I can get. Was hoping that my old champion gear will have armorings not bound to piece but BW changed that too (without changing other stats on it lol).

Any ideas?

Don't suppose you'd care to spill the beans on WHERE you got the orange belt/bracer schematic from? My guess would have been from RE'ing black hole/etc. but from what I heard it doesn't..

sure I can share. I just make "normal" stuff from schematics I learn from NPC, then make green->blue->purple-> orange. Purple gear has 10% RE chance and you can learn orange shells from them. I found it our by accident while I was trying to crit some purple stuff for my alt and REd all non-critted belts I made.

So far I see 10% RE chance on all purple craftable stuff up to lvl 49. Bit expensive tho as you have to get purple crafting stuff so it is way cheaper to craft low lvl items. Didn't check Rakata stuff as my alt is not 50 yet and you can't send/sell those (which sucks tbh).

sure I can share. I just make "normal" stuff from schematics I learn from NPC, then make green->blue->purple-> orange. Purple gear has 10% RE chance and you can learn orange shells from them. I found it our by accident while I was trying to crit some purple stuff for my alt and REd all non-critted belts I made.

So far I see 10% RE chance on all purple craftable stuff up to lvl 49. Bit expensive tho as you have to get purple crafting stuff so it is way cheaper to craft low lvl items. Didn't check Rakata stuff as my alt is not 50 yet and you can't send/sell those (which sucks tbh).

I just tried this on a purple bracers, but the tooltip says "No Research Available".

Which bracer/belt did you do this with specifically?

I'd really like to see a screenshot of orange crafted belt/bracers.. but as for OP's question, you can get higher level armorings as drops in operations, though they're bit hard to come by when looking for specific one. Not to mention, that, for example, level 61 drops from HM Kephess :D Even 58 armoring + 61 mod in belt/bracers would beat campaign ones, though..

I'd really like to see a screenshot of orange crafted belt/bracers.. but as for OP's question, you can get higher level armorings as drops in operations, though they're bit hard to come by when looking for specific one. Not to mention, that, for example, level 61 drops from HM Kephess :D Even 58 armoring + 61 mod in belt/bracers would beat campaign ones, though..

This. I'd say that on average I see one of these drop per Hard Mode operation, although whether it has the stats you want is another issue. Currently I have one of these mods in a pair of boots (haven't had Rakatta ones drop for me yet but have plenty of other duplicates, so I put this mod and then bits from my spare gloves into some Columi boots to give me Rakatta-equivalent ones. When the boots drop I'll probably move the mod into a crit-crafted belt or bracer.

I just tried this on a purple bracers, but the tooltip says "No Research Available".

Which bracer/belt did you do this with specifically?

I did lvl 49 bracers/belt I learnt from NPC. I will try to make SS once I get home (If I wont forget).

this is bs. When you RE purple gear you only get mats from it, there's no tp that says you have a chance to get a schematic / odd man outs are implants ears and relics i.e. I tired belts aswell as boots and hands. RE about 7 boots, 12 hands and never got a tool tip with a % nor a schematic.

thats true but re on scametic has gone up on new item plus you also get mats, it says chance to learn 20% on the screenie

I want to know if the schem he learned from the item on the screen is REable itself again. I can see what's on the screen I wanna know if the chain gows further.