Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

been hearing rumors


TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.21.2020 , 01:34 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Why even say the obvious though? Maybe just say "thyroid." That will not only explain the situation but garner more empathy than giving people a physical description of oneself, like "big-boned" etc.
Dude, you are missing the joke. Don’t you watch South Park? That first episode with Cartman getting an alien anal probe and he keeps saying he’s big boned.
And when you say “big boned”, you have to imagine the way he says it 😎

Let’s not forget “beefcake 2000”... “Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beefcake”
“ I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body.”
“ I can't lose weight, Butters, because I'm not fat, I'm big-boned. You can't slim down bones, stupid!”

You also have a SW reference
Cartman: “Go back to Endor, you stupid Wookie!”
Kyle: “Wookies don't live on Endor”

Some family favourites
“They're not people! They're hippies!”

Lord_Martheous's Avatar


Lord_Martheous
02.21.2020 , 04:35 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Dude, you are missing the joke. Don’t you watch South Park? That first episode with Cartman getting an alien anal probe and he keeps saying he’s big boned.
And when you say “big boned”, you have to imagine the way he says it 😎

Let’s not forget “beefcake 2000”... “Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beefcake”
“ I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body.”
“ I can't lose weight, Butters, because I'm not fat, I'm big-boned. You can't slim down bones, stupid!”

You also have a SW reference
Cartman: “Go back to Endor, you stupid Wookie!”
Kyle: “Wookies don't live on Endor”

Some family favourites
“They're not people! They're hippies!”
Uh-Oh, I didn't intend to go in that direction. Was just trying to be funny.

*stands in corner...* I think I'll stop now.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
02.21.2020 , 08:43 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Martheous View Post
Uh-Oh, I didn't intend to go in that direction. Was just trying to be funny.

*stands in corner...* I think I'll stop now.
You're cool...

This younger generation just need a little "help" from time to time...

(see's questionable look on faces ... )

(using voice of Maxwell Smart) OK... Perhaps they need a little more structure ....

NO ??? .... I see ...

(still using same voice trying to explain further ) ... Would you believe .... (interrupted with additional looks from everyone else ...)

Never mind ... I think I'll join you !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Gokkus's Avatar


Gokkus
02.21.2020 , 08:50 AM | #124
13 pages of troll feeding...classic
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.21.2020 , 08:57 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Dude, you are missing the joke. Don’t you watch South Park? That first episode with Cartman getting an alien anal probe and he keeps saying he’s big boned.
And when you say “big boned”, you have to imagine the way he says it 😎

Let’s not forget “beefcake 2000”... “Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake! Beefcake”
“ I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body.”
“ I can't lose weight, Butters, because I'm not fat, I'm big-boned. You can't slim down bones, stupid!”

You also have a SW reference
Cartman: “Go back to Endor, you stupid Wookie!”
Kyle: “Wookies don't live on Endor”

Some family favourites
“They're not people! They're hippies!”
I appreciate South Park's humor to a degree, but it never took long before I got annoyed with the high pitched, squeeky kid voices. Plus the humor often went the toilet humor route sometimes and for that I wasn't all that impressed.

I can see why people loved it so much, it just was not my cup of tea, and still is not. I like the fact the creators are bold with some of their topics, though. I just never could enjoy the aesthetics of South Park, that's the best way to put it.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’d still like to know how you find someone’s legacy name if they don’t display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
02.21.2020 , 09:49 AM | #126
It's always a bit amusing when people make pop culture references to things like South Park, the Mandalorian, etc, as if everyone watches those programs, and they're surprised when people don't "get it".
I've never actually watched S.P., although I've seen bits of it on Youtube.
I have no intention of subscribing to Disney+ to watch The Mandalorian.

In fact, I'm basically a "cable cutter" these days - although I have cable, I basically never watch regular TV any more. Even though my cable package includes TSN (sports), I actually ended up watching the Australian Open coverage on-line, from the TSN website.

Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.21.2020 , 10:25 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
It's always a bit amusing when people make pop culture references to things like South Park, the Mandalorian, etc, as if everyone watches those programs, and they're surprised when people don't "get it".
I've never actually watched S.P., although I've seen bits of it on Youtube.
I have no intention of subscribing to Disney+ to watch The Mandalorian.

In fact, I'm basically a "cable cutter" these days - although I have cable, I basically never watch regular TV any more. Even though my cable package includes TSN (sports), I actually ended up watching the Australian Open coverage on-line, from the TSN website.

lol yeah. I am similar, I actually never watch local TV it's garbage. All they do is show local crime and tell heinous crime stories. Fear seems to be the flavor local TV likes to cook up.

I do keep sport channels too. If it wasn't for sports and music I'd gone crazier a long time ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’d still like to know how you find someone’s legacy name if they don’t display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
02.21.2020 , 11:59 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
It's always a bit amusing when people make pop culture references to things like South Park, the Mandalorian, etc, as if everyone watches those programs, and they're surprised when people don't "get it".
I've never actually watched S.P., although I've seen bits of it on Youtube.
I have no intention of subscribing to Disney+ to watch The Mandalorian.

In fact, I'm basically a "cable cutter" these days - although I have cable, I basically never watch regular TV any more. Even though my cable package includes TSN (sports), I actually ended up watching the Australian Open coverage on-line, from the TSN website.

Regular TV ???

The next thing you'll be telling me is that Gunsmoke has been canceled !!



(jussssst kidinnnngg )

Seriously though … I really seldom watch too much "regular TV". And listen to the "NEWS ??? HA !! I already know that the world fill with graft and corruption. The weather reports are simple proof that GOD really does have a good sense of humor …

Although I might seriously consider putting that "smart" tech to work on my TV and see about the "Mandalorian" MAYBE !!

Soooo yeah some of that stuff is off the wall to me too !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
02.21.2020 , 12:15 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Seriously though … I really seldom watch too much "regular TV". And listen to the "NEWS ??? HA !! I already know that the world fill with graft and corruption. The weather reports are simple proof that GOD really does have a good sense of humor …
By "regular TV" I mean the stuff you get on the common network commercial channels, although lately I haven't even been watching pay-to-watch channels like Crave. (I watch Crave online.)

The main thing that killed TV for me was commercials. Too many, too often, too repeated. Most people don't even realize that 1/4 of the time, TV is commercials. A 30 minute show has only 22 minutes of actual program, and that includes opening and closing titles/credits.

It's almost like smoking tobacco. You don't realize how much time and money you wasted on it until you quit.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
02.21.2020 , 12:28 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
By "regular TV" I mean the stuff you get on the common network commercial channels, although lately I haven't even been watching pay-to-watch channels like Crave. (I watch Crave online.)

The main thing that killed TV for me was commercials. Too many, too often, too repeated. Most people don't even realize that 1/4 of the time, TV is commercials. A 30 minute show has only 22 minutes of actual program, and that includes opening and closing titles/credits.

It's almost like smoking tobacco. You don't realize how much time and money you wasted on it until you quit.
Yeah... I caught that … that's what I mean by regular TV... which was why I mentioned Gunsmoke !! (that goes back a few years) …

Commercials … No body does it better (or worse I should say) than the Hallmark Channel (which my wife DEARLY loves … BOTH of them). Honestly you can't tell where one commercial stops and the next one starts.

When I was in high school (yes they still had that back then) … Someone once said that TV is not about a show with a few commercial breaks … but rather a steady flow of commercials that is occasionally interrupted with a TV show !

( I think they got it right ).
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|