Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

regarding punishment for exploit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
regarding punishment for exploit

tolaez
01.08.2015 , 12:54 AM | #1
A simple suggestion for something that could be done in addition to whatever suspensions/bans are incoming due to the exploit addressed earlier today by the devs.

Give something fun and exclusive to players who have not used the exploit. A color crystal or a mount, I don't know what specifically and it doesn't matter too much really. The point is to positively reinforce people who chose not to exploit. Give them something special that anyone who exploited cannot get.

Jerba
01.08.2015 , 01:18 AM | #2
I agree with that idea.
Removing all the ill-gotten items is nigh impossible, they can't afford permabanning all the subs who exploited and just a 3-day ban won't really make too much a impact for players -- they'd need to ban players for at least a month to make a difference. While my server is not affected too much (less than 5% of level 60 players), I know other servers are hit much harder.
Handing out a free mount, pet, color crystal or something similar to any account who does not have the 16-man HM achievement on any legacy is a nice gesture and will set a better sign for exploiters than a temporary ban ever would.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

VelRathis
01.08.2015 , 03:24 AM | #3
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...12#edit7930312

Glad action is being taken, however I recognise that BW cannot afford to ban a host of players (especially if they are subscribers). So how about one of the following solutions:

- Provide a higher rated set of gear to all accounts that did not use the exploit (BOA naturally)

- Prevent those accounts that did use the exploit from accessing new Raid content when it is released for a period of 3 months.

Should have the desired effect.
Im a purist, I like my sabres red and my sith darkside!
No Referral Link - Don't Support the Cartel Market!
(Nightlife Packs, Chance Cubes, Cartel Slot Machine Nerf Grrrr)

Tachenko_Yuri
01.08.2015 , 03:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by VelRathis View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...12#edit7930312

Glad action is being taken, however I recognise that BW cannot afford to ban a host of players (especially if they are subscribers). So how about one of the following solutions:

- Provide a higher rated set of gear to all accounts that did not use the exploit (BOA naturally)

- Prevent those accounts that did use the exploit from accessing new Raid content when it is released for a period of 3 months.

Should have the desired effect.
so.. nvm solution 1 = LOL , and solution 2 = more LOL

Seen enough ban threats through different games that went from ban threat, to leniency, to nout been done, to say that most likely this is going to be another case of it.

Bulk of the exploiter are, obv, raiders, and most likely subs.

Do they really want to ban subs and lose money?

Ofc, the chips can actually do something, and surprise me big time.

... And a word on the lag fixing would be majorly appreciated also
Main: Lynette Walkhar
Commando - Eternal Warrior - Darth Malgus Rapid Serenity Guild

Ruskaeth
01.08.2015 , 03:54 AM | #5
People who heavily exploited this should log on and find themselves naked of all gear they had including ear, implants and relics. Account wide. Nothing else to it. CBA if someone did it once, people are curious. Heavy abuse = heavy hammer. No bans whatsoever or blocking from content, that's just silly.
Hey subscriber or player about to subscribe! Yes, you! Would you like a free server transfer and seven days added to your subscription for free?

Click this monkey 🙊 and accept with a yes on the next screen. Remember! You can only do it once.

🙈 DiLiH Janitor: Dr'Slime, Cheveyo, P'ur, Cautela, Vaecordia, Dactylion 🙉

Rehtiz
01.08.2015 , 04:14 AM | #6
3 day ban for those who used the exploit and removal of gear.
If you have to use insults to win an argument, you have lost the argument already.

tolaez
01.08.2015 , 04:16 AM | #7
I think they could perma ban all offenders and be just fine, but that's just my opinion. And it's not related to my suggestion.

I just think there should be some positive reinforcement for non offenders alongside whatever punishment they deem appropriate.

MokiDono
01.08.2015 , 04:32 AM | #8
This exploit is a perfect scapegoat for Bioware to not own up to their mistakes, and the fact that they provided us with a half complete mess of an expansion for our hard earned money. Instead of acting though, they should publicly apologize to every subscriber, bowing so deep that they could kiss the ground. Its probably the biggest insult in gaming in 2014 after Ubisoft when they dookied the bad also.

The constant lag, the never ending game braking bugs, the current state of pvp... its blood boiling how none of the developers even acknowledge that theres a huge problem with this expansion. Ability delay... right, thats like the tip of the iceberg.

But when theres an exploit, they ride in on their trusty steeds like heroes... give me a break. I hope even more people do the exploit until they fix it, as a payment, to make amends how they screwed us over with 3.0. I cant even think of an instance or a part of the game, which is not bugged, borderline unplayable.

So how about get back to work, apologize that this exploit even exist, because frankly, its a perfect example of incompetent, lazy programing and it showcases the biggest problem of this game... the lack of testing by actual people who know what they are doing. I mean how can you explain bugs like the old NiM Content ones? All they had to do is play through the content ONCE to realize its bugged beyond hell... how can you let something slip trough?

But no, instead ban 70 percent of your gamer base, strip them down... insult and humiliate them even more. Can we start talking seriously please?
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher (pre 3.0) Dread Master (pre 3.0)
Revanchist

DiliH #Rektrain

danielearley
01.08.2015 , 04:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MokiDono View Post
This exploit is a perfect scapegoat for Bioware to not own up to their mistakes, and the fact that they provided us with a half complete mess of an expansion for our hard earned money. Instead of acting though, they should publicly apologize to every subscriber, bowing so deep that they could kiss the ground. Its probably the biggest insult in gaming in 2014 after Ubisoft when they dookied the bad also.

The constant lag, the never ending game braking bugs, the current state of pvp... its blood boiling how none of the developers even acknowledge that theres a huge problem with this expansion. Ability delay... right, thats like the tip of the iceberg.

But when theres an exploit, they ride in on their trusty steeds like heroes... give me a break. I hope even more people do the exploit until they fix it, as a payment, to make amends how they screwed us over with 3.0. I cant even think of an instance or a part of the game, which is not bugged, borderline unplayable.

So how about get back to work, apologize that this exploit even exist, because frankly, its a perfect example of incompetent, lazy programing and it showcases the biggest problem of this game... the lack of testing by actual people who know what they are doing. I mean how can you explain bugs like the old NiM Content ones? All they had to do is play through the content ONCE to realize its bugged beyond hell... how can you let something slip trough?

But no, instead ban 70 percent of your gamer base, strip them down... insult and humiliate them even more. Can we start talking seriously please?
Talking Seriously, what game are you playing? I've had very little lag (it's there we all know this and they are working on it), PVP has been fine for me. More importantly I have been playing more or less every day since the expansion with no difficulty.
It may be that you like cheaters, but I for one do not. I know a week long ban will have no effect on these people, they will just play something else for a week. These people should have their ill gotten gains removed.
With regards to bugs, not seen any MMO release new stuff without bugs, may be it's not as easy as you seem to think!
Reading the Forum, just shows how stupid some people are. Which probably includes me for getting involved

Jerba
01.08.2015 , 04:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehtiz View Post
3 day ban for those who used the exploit and removal of gear.
1) 3 days is not nearly enough to punish the exploiters. Hell, if I knew it was only 3 days, I'd start exploiting right now. Anything shorter than a month is not an acceptable punishment.
2) Taking away the gear is nearly impossible. Players could strip the mods and send it to alts, and based on previous encounters with CS, they don't seem to be able to track mods after they are pulled out. Mats can be sold off to crafters and become untraceable.
IMO, they should ban players for longer than a month, maybe even leading into to the next raiding content, as well as permabanning all the players that contributed to spreading the exploit, especially those talking about it in fleet chat and the ones selling the secret for credits. Also, it would be a nice gesture to offer an exclusive pet or mount to all players that were honest and did not exploit.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord