"You cannot Ignore any more players"

MagSul

Today I received the titled error after arriving on Tython. I right-clicked and reported the usual selling spammers who popped up in chat and then set them to ignore. Well, some of them, because I can't ignore anyone else!

Would it be possible for you to automatically wipe those people's names from our ignore lists once you've taken action against them? Because now after I've sent a spam report, they're still in the general chat for me and that seems a bit naff!

It's getting a bit much. https://i.imgur.com/jknKPgY.jpg

Edited by MagSul

Kinda cute that you assume any action is taken against them. The speculation I've seen, which probably is accurate, is that they only use characters for some hours, then delete them, make new ones... so it's all cluttered up with reports on characters that doesn't exist anymore. Because hey-ho, there is no way to report an account. If there was, you'd be able to ignore an account.

But nope, Bioware just surrenders to the gold sellers and doesn't even bother trying to slow them down by shadowbanning the links or anything such. Pretty tragic.

Unless BW gets rid of F2P accounts we will always get stuck seeing credit sellers on starter planets. Just remember however that Credit sellers delete characters on a regular basis, so you can remove them from your ignore list after a day or 2.

Unless BW gets rid of F2P accounts we will always get stuck seeing credit sellers on starter planets. Just remember however that Credit sellers delete characters on a regular basis, so you can remove them from your ignore list after a day or 2.

How are F2P accounts in anyway involved in starter world credit spamming by level 1 characters when F2P accounts can't use general chat until level 25, and then it's on a 1 minute timer between messages?

It's been this way since Update 5.1.2

• Free-to-Play chat restrictions have been adjusted in order to help address third-party service advertisement spam.

Kinda cute that you assume any action is taken against them. The speculation I've seen, which probably is accurate, is that they only use characters for some hours, then delete them, make new ones... so it's all cluttered up with reports on characters that doesn't exist anymore. Because hey-ho, there is no way to report an account. If there was, you'd be able to ignore an account.

But nope, Bioware just surrenders to the gold sellers and doesn't even bother trying to slow them down by shadowbanning the links or anything such. Pretty tragic.

There is a system in place to deal with them. It's the "squelch" system. Based on the number of players that keep coming to the forum complaining they were "wrongly" squelched, it must be fairly effective and easy to trigger. Problem is that no one actually reports the gold spammers, they just put them on ignore which does absolutely nothing. If everyone who saw the gold spam on the starter planet would report it, the gold spammers would get squelched in short order. Most of them are bots so they would happily broadcast to no one for an hour or two until their handler came back and deleted them and created a new one. Bioware has given the players a tool to use but the players choose not to use it.

once a char is deleted, it's automatically removed from the ignore lists. The spammers just leave them and move on.

There is a system in place to deal with them. It's the "squelch" system. Based on the number of players that keep coming to the forum complaining they were "wrongly" squelched, it must be fairly effective and easy to trigger. Problem is that no one actually reports the gold spammers, they just put them on ignore which does absolutely nothing. If everyone who saw the gold spam on the starter planet would report it, the gold spammers would get squelched in short order. Most of them are bots so they would happily broadcast to no one for an hour or two until their handler came back and deleted them and created a new one. Bioware has given the players a tool to use but the players choose not to use it.

For a long time I used to report every single gold spammer I saw. But you know what? After a few years of seeing the same links being spammed over and over with no visible decline whatsoever in amount of bots doing it, what's the point? That "Thanks for reporting" popup you get when you report is annoying, and at this point, I'm more inclined to just hide chat than to bother filling up already overflowing ignore lists any further.

The fact that they don't shadowban the links or anything such says it all to me. They just don't give a **** because those bots bring them in some money.

Not entirely convinced that deleted accounts are auto-removed from your ignore list, else I'd not expect to fill it. I count the number of players I've ignored with my fingers. Maybe I just need a change in tactics! Report spam in every instance but don't bother ignoring them after the first one. That'd wind up with multiple reports put spammer. Obviously, the problem is unlikely to ever go away completely, but more recently it seems to be a lot more regular.

I've not gotten bored of clicking that button after 8 years, I don't mind doing it still while I'm sat crafting on Tython. :sy_item: