Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS conquest changes are disasterous

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS conquest changes are disasterous

TrixxieTriss
10.11.2019 , 09:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
It becomes play their way on one toon, instead of play your way..
I feel “play your way” was the biggest propaganda lie Ive seen in this game. That was never their intention. Right up their now with Ben Irving telling us RNG is exciting

I won’t be surprised if “play your way” becomes a swtor meme for “play the way we tell you too”.
A bit like the WoW classic meme that’s based on the head of Blizzard responding to players asking for classic 2 years ago, “You think you do, but you don’t”.
And WoW classic has gone not to be more successful than their last 2 expansions for live WoW,

swiftrav
10.11.2019 , 09:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I feel “play your way” was the biggest propaganda lie Ive seen in this game. That was never their intention. Right up their now with Ben Irving telling us RNG is exciting

I won’t be surprised if “play your way” becomes a swtor meme for “play the way we tell you too”.
A bit like the WoW classic meme that’s based on the head of Blizzard responding to players asking for classic 2 years ago, “You think you do, but you don’t”.
And WoW classic has gone not to be more successful than their last 2 expansions for live WoW,
I dont think that could have been said any better I was in a discussion about that with some guild members. How play your way is nothing but a joke. The hoops that people will have to jump through now for things is atrocious. Well said.

Master_Morak
10.12.2019 , 07:24 AM | #23

I agree, but BW was lying in the pas, why should it change?

Since their stupid decision to skip the third part of KoTFE/KoTET one fail follows the next and so it will be with this 6.0. SWTOR has a great potential they never have used in the right way. I TZhink in the first 4 weeks after release the player base is halved due their decisions About gearing, conquest and crafting.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

Lhancelot
10.12.2019 , 11:42 AM | #24
6.0 has so many things that are changing. That we may just let the subs lapse and keep playing WoW classic until or if Bioware tweak the systems more to make them more fun.
Oh Trixx, you are not going to let your SWTOR subs lapse, sheesh. Especially for WOW, ROFL! I was surprised reading that you actually do the conquest stuff, now.

After 5.0, I did conquest even less and cared that much less about it. The legacy restrictions for points gained was idiotic imo and it seems that part is still in place and will be with 6.0 too.

The only conquest I complete is purely accidental now, mostly via PVP.

I guess that's why I don't even bother worrying on what they change with conquest now. They obliterated it and any changes could only make it better from my perspective.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

CaptRogue
10.12.2019 , 12:11 PM | #25
If they have upped the point % and 50k an alt is basically the same as 15k, WHY change it?
Why are they so bent on re-inventing the wheel so to speak?

This is going to tank the guild that the hubby & I have slowly built since spring.
It's already hard enough to get people to join & stay so you can grow to have members to actually do guild stuff. Most want either want to remain unguilded or already join an active established guild.

Conquest is mainly run & completed by the hubby & I. I take care of Pub and he takes care of imp. Once Pub is complete I'll hop to the other side & help bring it to low yield.
That's usually 5-7 toons for me alone conquest. Just doing conquest goals. (We do have a few members that help. Like 1-2 each side, but we can't rely on them as a lot seem to be focused on the stories/leveling. With one member, he conquests as he levels it seems so depends on what toon he's working on, what side he's helping.)

We also have RL so we can not spend 24/7 in game. As it is now, we only have 2 expansions unlocked on the Imp ship. None on the pub ship.

With the conquest mats already being tied into High Yield from what I read the other day, it seemed small/med guilds will be done for.
Seeing as now for small yield it will also be 500k for it. We are doomed. The only time we might make 500k on conquest is Dantooine. (And according to some above, they've changed that on PTS.) I also already plan my conquest. I alt around & get points to maximize toon capping.

This is ridiculous. *sighs*

It's honestly to the point should we try to even keep the guild going or just sell it & urge the few active players we have into larger guilds.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Darev
10.12.2019 , 06:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
If they have upped the point % and 50k an alt is basically the same as 15k, WHY change it?
Why are they so bent on re-inventing the wheel so to speak?

This is going to tank the guild that the hubby & I have slowly built since spring.
It's already hard enough to get people to join & stay so you can grow to have members to actually do guild stuff. Most want either want to remain unguilded or already join an active established guild.

Conquest is mainly run & completed by the hubby & I. I take care of Pub and he takes care of imp. Once Pub is complete I'll hop to the other side & help bring it to low yield.
That's usually 5-7 toons for me alone conquest. Just doing conquest goals. (We do have a few members that help. Like 1-2 each side, but we can't rely on them as a lot seem to be focused on the stories/leveling. With one member, he conquests as he levels it seems so depends on what toon he's working on, what side he's helping.)

We also have RL so we can not spend 24/7 in game. As it is now, we only have 2 expansions unlocked on the Imp ship. None on the pub ship.

With the conquest mats already being tied into High Yield from what I read the other day, it seemed small/med guilds will be done for.
Seeing as now for small yield it will also be 500k for it. We are doomed. The only time we might make 500k on conquest is Dantooine. (And according to some above, they've changed that on PTS.) I also already plan my conquest. I alt around & get points to maximize toon capping.

This is ridiculous. *sighs*

It's honestly to the point should we try to even keep the guild going or just sell it & urge the few active players we have into larger guilds.
They increased the points for the official conquest objectives only.
The misc points that some people, including me, generally use to hit conquest goals instead of the official objectives are not getting the same increase.

So where it might take me doing CZ198 and 10 fast heroics to meet the goal, now it will take 30-40 heroics and cz198.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

phalczen
10.12.2019 , 06:48 PM | #27
I’m not thrilled about the changes, as I indicated above. But at least I can understand the reasoning behind the argument. I mean it is worth debating whether a guild of maybe 12 actual people ought to be able to legitimately hit a large yield planet. It’s worth debating whether an individual person ought to be able to meet personal conquest goal for 2, 5, 10 alts.

It’s not worth debating, for example, whether green premium crafted gear should require purple conquest and blue exotics. Thankfully the devs realized this before it went live.

So, like I said I’m not happy about the changes, and I think I know how it will (negatively) affect me and my guild. But I’m willing to acknowledge that it might be good in the long run for the game.

I was looking through the list of set bonus shells and where they drop. A large number come from Conquest. So, I’m guessing that the devs weren’t concerned about the smal guilds hitting large yields and many alts hitting personal goal when it was only about the soon-to-be obsolete CMTs. But now that it will be about highly desirable things (Revitalized Mystic set, for example), they are much keener on nerfing it.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Darev
10.12.2019 , 07:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I’m not thrilled about the changes, as I indicated above. But at least I can understand the reasoning behind the argument. I mean it is worth debating whether a guild of maybe 12 actual people ought to be able to legitimately hit a large yield planet. It’s worth debating whether an individual person ought to be able to meet personal conquest goal for 2, 5, 10 alts.

It’s not worth debating, for example, whether green premium crafted gear should require purple conquest and blue exotics. Thankfully the devs realized this before it went live.

So, like I said I’m not happy about the changes, and I think I know how it will (negatively) affect me and my guild. But I’m willing to acknowledge that it might be good in the long run for the game.

I was looking through the list of set bonus shells and where they drop. A large number come from Conquest. So, I’m guessing that the devs weren’t concerned about the smal guilds hitting large yields and many alts hitting personal goal when it was only about the soon-to-be obsolete CMTs. But now that it will be about highly desirable things (Revitalized Mystic set, for example), they are much keener on nerfing it.

They took the purple / conquest mats out.
They didn't take the blue / iso mats out. Still going to need 20 of them for every green item you want to craft (according to what they wrote).
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Rion_Starkiller
10.14.2019 , 01:50 PM | #29

Quote: Originally Posted by swiftrav View Post
I dont think that could have been said any better I was in a discussion about that with some guild members. How play your way is nothing but a joke. The hoops that people will have to jump through now for things is atrocious. Well said.
IDK, "Play Your Way" still seems fairly accurate in that you can wear whichever tac/amp/set bonus you want via horizontal gearing. It has nothing to do with acquisition.

It also has nothing to do with this thread.......
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

phalczen
10.14.2019 , 04:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
IDK, "Play Your Way" still seems fairly accurate in that you can wear whichever tac/amp/set bonus you want via horizontal gearing. It has nothing to do with acquisition.

It also has nothing to do with this thread.......
I brought it up in the context of how an individual person pursues conquest on any number of toons. Play Your Way isn't just about gear acquisition, its a philosophy. When the Devs:
  1. increase the total for personal goal
  2. increase the totals for guild targets
  3. increase one-time-only "event-specific" objective values
  4. decrease repeatable objective point values
then the logical outcome is that as the week progresses, you will have less and less event-specific objectives available to your alts. This serves as a practical limit to the number of alts you can get through conquest. Its not a theoretical limit, because, in theory, you could craft 690 invasion forces per toon and get the personal goal. But what can happen "in theory" and in practice are two very different things.

Alt play, and alt involvement in conquest, is a means for an individual player to contribute their efforts to the success of the guild and still have those efforts benefit multiple toons. It is also the only way small guilds can often compete for medium/large planets or compete on the leaderboard. There can be no doubt this is a nerf to alt participation in conquest, whether or not you agree its good for the game long term.

By nerfing and otherwise dis-incentivizing alt participation in conquest, you are nerfing a form of the "Play Your Way" philosophy. Hence, its very on-topic.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.