Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SI Love interest Lana Beniko vs Ashara Zavros

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
SI Love interest Lana Beniko vs Ashara Zavros

Nazo-the-demon's Avatar


Nazo-the-demon
09.27.2015 , 07:55 PM | #1
Since Lana will be joining the party in the Expansion and I'v recently restarted my Darth Imperious character......Which would you choice and why? Because I rather not have both of them be scorn that my character was dating both of them. based on other people's reasoning I will pick for myself and thank everyone who post their responses here

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
09.27.2015 , 10:15 PM | #2
For Imperious, Ashara makes a whole lot more sense (the only SI where Ashara makes a bit of sense really)

And Togruta, tbut that is just a bias on my part.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

TracyJackson's Avatar


TracyJackson
09.28.2015 , 12:02 PM | #3
Ahh, don't worry about it....I'm sure both of them can do some sharing!
Tracyjackson // Republic // Vitae'mortis // Empire //
Jedi Guardian (70) Inquisitor Sorcerer (70)

BenKatarn's Avatar


BenKatarn
09.28.2015 , 12:45 PM | #4
Ashara makes sense if your Inquisitor is really light-sided. For everything else (for both genders), Lana is the best choice. Then again, frankly, I didn't like Ashara's romance that much either, so I will go with Lana regardless of alignment or gender (screw Andronikos btw).
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
09.29.2015 , 04:08 AM | #5
Yeah Ashara really does not make sense for a DS inquisitor, I did the romance on my DS assassin and will gladly cheat on her as she did not feel right anyway (I romanced her only because it was my first time on the inquisitor) for future characters my male Inquisitors will not romance her and wait for Lana who's better suited for them anyway.

VitalityPrime's Avatar


VitalityPrime
09.29.2015 , 01:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Yeah Ashara really does not make sense for a DS inquisitor, I did the romance on my DS assassin and will gladly cheat on her as she did not feel right anyway (I romanced her only because it was my first time on the inquisitor) for future characters my male Inquisitors will not romance her and wait for Lana who's better suited for them anyway.
Lana Beniko doesn't make sense for a DS Sith at all. Not sure why you would think that.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

Nefertuss's Avatar


Nefertuss
09.29.2015 , 02:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Lana Beniko doesn't make sense for a DS Sith at all. Not sure why you would think that.
Certainly makes more sense than the idealistic, blindingly LS padawan. My assassin is quite happy with Andronikos though.
"Today I kicked a rancor's nads, the look on Vik's face... priceless!"

~Major Arwenin- Havoc Squad

BenKatarn's Avatar


BenKatarn
09.29.2015 , 03:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Lana Beniko doesn't make sense for a DS Sith at all. Not sure why you would think that.
Lana may be pragmatic and would turn to the Republic for assistance if she saw an advantage in it, but that does not mean that she is "good". She is willing to make sacrifices and as we have seen with the content of KOTFE that was released so far (chapter 3 videos), she is willing to do things that are considered dark side. She force-chokes Kovach to death in Rise of the Emperor if you tell her about him being a mole without so much as a second's hesitance, and she is willing to have thousand of Zakuulans perish when Vailyn sabotages the sun generator so they can escape during the commotion instead of preventing the catastrophe. She is not the baby-eating, massmurdering psychopath that some Sith are, but she is not a Jedi either. There is actually a nice quote in regard to that in Rise of the Emperor the player character can say to Kovach:

"Lana might seem like the nicest Sith Lord ever, but don't think she won't eviscerate you if she finds you out. Or worse."

In general, and this is only an assumption on my part from what's been presented from KOTFE up to now, she seems a bit harsher than before. We'll have to wait to see what hardships she has endured in the five years inbetween 3.2 and 4.0 that may have affected her character (her model and sketch art suggests she has a cybernetic right hand now, Skywalker-style).
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
09.30.2015 , 06:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Lana Beniko doesn't make sense for a DS Sith at all. Not sure why you would think that.
Just because see seems like a nice sith, she isn't, she teamed up with the republic only as it was a common enemy that threatened both sides, she is ruthless and slightly manipulative given what she did the Theran on Rishi, she will gladly perform medical procedures on someone even though she does not know if they will survive or if indeed they will even find anything (fair enough the person in question is a jedi but still).

None of there acts really indicate a LS sith so she is far more likely to agree with ruthless decisions I make.

VitalityPrime's Avatar


VitalityPrime
09.30.2015 , 07:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Just because see seems like a nice sith, she isn't, she teamed up with the republic only as it was a common enemy that threatened both sides, she is ruthless and slightly manipulative given what she did the Theran on Rishi, she will gladly perform medical procedures on someone even though she does not know if they will survive or if indeed they will even find anything (fair enough the person in question is a jedi but still).

None of there acts really indicate a LS sith so she is far more likely to agree with ruthless decisions I make.
A DS Inquisitor doesn't just make "ruthless decisions". They are selfish and murder without any reason except "murder and mayhem await". They are really borderline crazy.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"