Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on Canon vs. the EU/Legends

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Thoughts on Canon vs. the EU/Legends

Lenlo
07.20.2019 , 02:20 PM | #11
Lets be honest, with a few notable exceptions, most of the best stuff in the old EU was set before A New Hope. I could care less about the post ROTJ section of the EU getting tossed, however. Let's just hope they bring back all the KOTOR, Tales of the Jedi, and Dawn of the Jedi stuff with little to no major changes. No switching character genders around, etc.
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug
Refer-a-Friend link. Click so I can has CC.

that_Spartan_IV
07.24.2019 , 12:39 AM | #12
It's difficult to say because there things I love and hate about both.
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

Shisurodo
07.24.2019 , 05:03 PM | #13
I just simply want a SWTOR movie. \_(ツ)_/
If you're feeling generous feel free to click this link, or if I've helped you in anyway.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Q4f6nn

DarthDymond
08.02.2019 , 07:47 PM | #14
Overall, I still prefer Legends, but the new Canon is closing the gap all the time, IMO.

For me, it comes down to this: so far, Canon has consistently put out higher quality works, where they've ranged from great (TLJ, Lost Stars, Doctor Aphra) to, at their worst, merely mediocre or forgettable (Heir to the Jedi, Rebel Rising, Resistance). Legends, on the other hand, had a number of great works, too, but also its fair share of outright bad ones, so the average quality was lower. The reason I still prefer Legends is that over the decades of books, comics, and games in that continuity, the accumulated weight of stuff that I liked / loved built up to a level that the Canon hasn't reached (at least, not yet).

The average quality among Canon works is higher, but the sum total of good stuff in Legends is still greater right now. I just sincerely wish they had continued the Legends continuity as an 'alternate universe,' using that imprint to distinguish between the two continuities (something like the old "Ultimate" Marvel line).
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here