TDM Scoring Issues: Some Deaths Do Not Count

Linuxizer

Team Deathmatch rule: each death is a point for the other team. Well, here is just one match showing the game not quite counting correctly.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/P8Wgo2o.jpg

Video:

Team deaths (opposite team's score) > total of players' deaths

- This can happen if a player with >0 deaths quit the match early. This would not be an error.

- Even if nobody quit the match early, if the match goes to 50, the 50th death counts for the team deaths but not the player's stats. In the example linked above, the total deaths of the Republic players is 5+4+7+7+9+6+7+4=49, not 50. Hek'taek likewise did not get credited with the Empire's 50th and game-winning kill (since he has 0 under the "kills" column). This bug is not critical, because the outcome of the match is still correct.

Team deaths (opposite team's score) < total of players' deaths

- This is critical because the outcome of a close match could be incorrect. In the same example linked above, the Empire team had 26 deaths, but the Republic only had 24 points. After reviewing the video, I managed to find one of the missing points at 7m08s remaining. This was when Mel Function disappeared from the Mini-map, and re-appeared about 20 seconds later at spawn (and also changed from Rycer to Blackbolt). But there was no message, and no point awarded to the Republic team. I don't know which Republic player shot him down though (or if it was a collision), or with what weapon.

I suspect the first bug (50th kill) occurs quite often (if not always), while the second bug (unacknowledged death) only occurs under some rare conditions. When I first brought up the first bug on Discord, Despon found a counter-example where total deaths on losing team = 50, and Danalon even found one match where total deaths on losing team = 51. It is possible that both bugs appeared in those matches and compensated each other (or over-compensated).

Certain Damage over time effects do not count, this has been an issue for awhile now.

Best example is Seismic mines Damage over time upgrade. If you are killed by it, there is no announcement that X player killed you and the opposing team isn't given credit for the kill. (They don't gain points)

I'm still working on cataloging exactly which DoT's are doing this, once I have a list up I'll let you know. It's very difficult to figure it out because they have to die to exactly that DoT. Siesmic mines is a little easier since it's pure Hull damage.

Edited by Drakkolich

That's probably what it is--some, but not all, types of delayed deaths are not counted. Hopefully Bioware can fix this as it's really unfair.

Here is an example of delayed death by Rocket Pod, from 2 years ago. I hit Mr-Goodkat with Rocket Pod with Plasma Warhead upgrade, then I died, then he also died from the damage over time at 8m35s remaining (5:15 of the video). It counted.

Death by Proton torpedo damage over time is counted correctly. I had a match where I ate a torpedo, then killed the guy who launched it, then died from the DoT. +1 for us, and +1 for them.

On another note, I had another match where a teammate quit the match early, and there was not any XXX left the ops group message in the chat window. The game is like me, getting old and generally forgetting various things :)

Does anyone know if that 50th kill bug also affects the asisst(s) for that kill/death.

I would guess yes.

Team Deathmatch rule: each death is a point for the other team. Well, here is just one match showing the game not quite counting correctly.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/P8Wgo2o.jpg

Video:

Team deaths (opposite team's score) > total of players' deaths

- This can happen if a player with >0 deaths quit the match early. This would not be an error.

- Even if nobody quit the match early, if the match goes to 50, the 50th death counts for the team deaths but not the player's stats. In the example linked above, the total deaths of the Republic players is 5+4+7+7+9+6+7+4=49, not 50. Hek'taek likewise did not get credited with the Empire's 50th and game-winning kill (since he has 0 under the "kills" column). This bug is not critical, because the outcome of the match is still correct.

I am not fully convinced that this is a bug. There is a second reason why this can happen, even because it is late I didn't checked the video if it is the case here. The reason is a player self destructing does give the opposing team a point but no player is credited with a kill. However damaging the self destructer does give an assist. So this can be easily explained.

In regards of the late game kill, again I didn't checked the video if it is the case here, there are some situation where a team does score more kills than 50 because multiple players initated an attack before the end of the game, like launching a missile that has some travel time before hitting that target. In this case all kills are shown in the on screen message but only the kills up to the 50th are counting for the scoreboard. I noticed this when I was trying to get the achivements for X games with 9 kills. There I had multiple games where my 9 kill was the 51st team kill because someone was a split second faster than I was. My kill was still mentoined in the on screen message but not on the scoreboard.

Team deaths (opposite team's score) < total of players' deaths

- This is critical because the outcome of a close match could be incorrect. In the same example linked above, the Empire team had 26 deaths, but the Republic only had 24 points. After reviewing the video, I managed to find one of the missing points at 7m08s remaining. This was when Mel Function disappeared from the Mini-map, and re-appeared about 20 seconds later at spawn (and also changed from Rycer to Blackbolt). But there was no message, and no point awarded to the Republic team. I don't know which Republic player shot him down though (or if it was a collision), or with what weapon.

I suspect the first bug (50th kill) occurs quite often (if not always), while the second bug (unacknowledged death) only occurs under some rare conditions. When I first brought up the first bug on Discord, Despon found a counter-example where total deaths on losing team = 50, and Danalon even found one match where total deaths on losing team = 51. It is possible that both bugs appeared in those matches and compensated each other (or over-compensated).

Well this I didn't noticed before and will check that video later. Just because you mentoined he disappered from the map without a trace. Does anyone know, if you fligh "too high" or "too much to one side" you will leave the combat area and get an on screen warning to return to the battlefield while you taking periodicly damage this damage can destroy you when staying to long outside the combat area, if this happens what shows up in the screen what happened to this pilot and if this count as a score for the enemy team?