Glad I have a 55 sorc to play ...

StrikePrice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticing that all the other dps specs are ending matches around 300-400k and sorc is hitting 700k-1mil dmg each match. Glad all these changes took place like nerfing smash aoe dmg for "balance".

Interesting. So what change accounts for that you think. Because, you know, they didn't buff any damage abilities at all. :rolleyes:

Sage

Force Barrier now has an additional effect. While protected by Force Barrier, charges build up and grant Enduring Bastion. Enduring Bastion is a shield that absorbs an amount of damage based off the charges (1-4) that are present when Force Barrier ends. Enduring Bastion also grants immunity to interrupt and lasts for 5 seconds after Force Barrier ends. Force Barrier now has an additional rank to train at level 55, so visit your trainer!

Mental Alacrity also gives 100% pushback resistance in addition to its other effects.

Seer

Healing Trance is now immune to pushback.

Egress has been moved to Tier 2 in the Seer Tree. Pain Bearer has been moved to Tier 1 in the Seer Tree. Psychic Suffusion has been moved to Tier 4 in the Seer Tree.

Telekinetics

Psychic Projection now has a 50%/100% chance to grant a Psychic Projection charge when using Disturbance on a target affected by the user's Weaken Mind. The Psychic Projection charge causes the user's next Telekinetic Throw to channel and damage twice as fast.

The chance to trigger Tidal Force is now 100% (up from 60% for Disturbance and Turbulence and 20% for Forcequake) and is based on ability activation rather than dealing damage with Disturbance, Turbulence, or Forcequake. The 10-second rate limit remains, and Forcequake now shares a rate limit with Disturbance and Turbulence.

Concentration now decreases the pushback from Turbulence by 50%/100% (up from 35%/70%).

Balance (Sage)

Presence of Mind now builds up a charge whenever the Sage deals damage with Telekinetic Throw. At 3 charges, the next Disturbance or Mind Crush is activated instantly and deals 35% more damage.

Telekinetic Focal Point now also decreases the force cost of Disturbance by 15% per stack.

Edited by Master-Nala

Interesting. So what change accounts for that you think. Because, you know, they didn't buff any damage abilities at all. :rolleyes:

More immunity=more uptime=more damage/heals

You can move any of those and the result is pretty much the same, but this class could always put up big numbers when left unchecked.

I'm still screaming, "gimmie my insta-lift back."

Noticing that all the other dps specs are ending matches around 300-400k and sorc is hitting 700k-1mil dmg each match. Glad all these changes took place like nerfing smash aoe dmg for "balance".

mmmm... smash tears are the tastiest of all tears.

More immunity=more uptime=more damage/heals

You can move any of those and the result is pretty much the same, but this class could always put up big numbers when left unchecked.

I'm still screaming, "gimmie my insta-lift back."

The Egress change requires a sacrifice that affects DPS negatively. Barrier's buff is only 5 seconds and requires you to stay in the Barrier 8 seconds. From where I'm sitting, this isn't accounting for the difference the poster I quoted has stated.

These were small QoL changes mostly for Sorcerers. The main buff to Sorcs was the nerf to others.

mmmm... smash tears are the tastiest of all tears.

If healers and dps both benefit, then its pretty much a wash all things being equal. The issue is that healers/DD get a direct buff, tanks get an indirect buff, while one of the few tank buster spec got nerfed.. It's not a good idea to balance around healers/damage that want to facetank.

This spec healing was fine, dps needed a buff, but global immunity on bubble break... Nope. Over the top..

Edited by L-RANDLE

If healers and dps both benefit, then its pretty much a wash all things being equal. The issue is that healers/DD get a direct buff, tanks get an indirect buff, while one of the few tank buster spec got nerfed.. It's not a good idea to balance around healers/damage that want to facetank.

No one is balancing around healers. Smash has been one of the most hated specs in this game. Everyone complained about them, not just healers and tanks.

This spec healing was fine, dps needed a buff, but global immunity on bubble break... Nope. Over the top..

Are you seriously complaining about a small 5 second defensive buff to the weakest armored character in that game, that comes once every 3 minutes, after being unable to move or do anything for 8 seconds?

The healing spec is not fine, it is still the easiest spec to shutdown, the spec with the worst energy problems, the spec with the worst defensive CDs, and the easiest healer to kill in the game (and after the major nerf to ops, that's saying something).

Not sure if I've just had really tank heavy games today but my output feels way off, like they nerfed my normal spec by 30 % or something.

I really dislike the stack change too. The reason I've stuck with madness and madness heavy hybrids is because they're more immersive, I don't have to keep track of buffs and whatnot. Now I constantly have to check for stacks, might as well play lightning. They could have made it so that the stack icon was blue < 3 stacks and the normal pink/purple on 3-4. Or simply that it didnt show up until 3 stacks were reached. Doesnt really feel like a direct buff either unless you play lightning/lightning hybrid and get chain lightning every time.

Edited by MidichIorian

Are you seriously complaining about a small 5 second defensive buff to the weakest armored character in that game, that comes once every 3 minutes, after being unable to move or do anything for 8 seconds?

The healing spec is not fine, it is still the easiest spec to shutdown, the spec with the worst energy problems, the spec with the worst defensive CDs, and the easiest healer to kill in the game (and after the major nerf to ops, that's saying something).

All of this right here... People that complain about Sorcs/Sages are the worst people in the world... No hyperbole, literally the worst people in the world...

No one is balancing around healers. Smash has been one of the most hated specs in this game. Everyone complained about them, not just healers and tanks.

The healing spec is not fine, it is still the easiest spec to shutdown, the spec with the worst energy problems, the spec with the worst defensive CDs, and the easiest healer to kill in the game (and after the major nerf to ops that's saying something).

You say their healing is "not fine" because you are comparing them to the other two. And no,"underfocus" don't count.

Again Bracer? Seriously?

You say their healing is "not fine" because you are comparing them to the other two. And no,"underfocus" don't count.

Again Bracer? Seriously?

Randle your posts paint you as a knowledge player, where you seriously having issues killing any of the healing specs in this game?

Sorc/sage healing is fubar, it's cast-heavy, resource negative, and the cleanse is a joke; to make matters worse sorc/sage healers bring less utility than any other healer (electronet, flashbang, team stealth...).

I think the cd on barrier makes this immaterial. it's a powerful buff. but complaining about this is like complaining that electro-net is op. it would be op if it could be used for every fight, but it's not. it's more like 1 in 3 or 4 fights.

from a theoretical standpoint, I don't have a problem with that. dunno how it plays though.

Randle your posts paint you as a knowledge player, where you seriously having issues killing any of the healing specs in this game?

Sorc/sage healing is fubar, it's cast-heavy, resource negative, and the cleanse is a joke; to make matters worse sorc/sage healers bring less utility than any other healer (electronet, flashbang, team stealth...).

It's simple, he's bad. End of story.

Posting known bolster exploits with pictures doesn't make him a good player, it just makes him someone with enough time and patience to post information with pictures.

All of this right here... People that complain about Sorcs/Sages are the worst people in the world... No hyperbole, literally the worst people in the world...

it's easier to be a tk sage than a scrapper scoudrel pre 2.7. iunno what game you were playing, but scrapper got cleaved to the ground, and unlike a sage, scrapper couldn't dictate where he positioned to fight a focus target. he had to eat the cleave. I'd trade medium armor for light with force armor every single time.

The only times healers are not as effective are:

1. They have no guard.

2. They get no peels/taunts.

3. They try to facetank.

None of that has anything to do with class or spec. If any and all of those are taken care of, healers are A wee bit OP. Specifically in objective based Wzs..

It's simple, he's bad. End of story.

Posting known bolster exploits with pictures doesn't make him a good player, it just makes him someone with enough time and patience to post information with pictures.

Say the king of FOTM rerolls. You shelving your Operative now?

Edited by L-RANDLE

The only times healers are not as effective are:

1. They have no guard.

2. They get no peels/taunts.

3. They try to facetank.

None of that has anything to do with class or spec. If any and all of those are taken care of, healers are A wee bit OP. Specifically in objective based Wzs..

Randle... if i am getting that level of assistance on any of my dps characters I am basically a wrecking ball that will roll through a warzone.... a guarded marauder/powertech is basically a dps god.

Randle... if i am getting that level of assistance on any of my dps characters I am basically a wrecking ball that will roll through a warzone.... a guarded marauder/powertech is basically a dps god.

Just those two classes?

See that's what I am talking about. You cant judge whether something is balanced or not compared to one or two classes. Ain't no way in hell you can tell me that a MM Sniper is a "DPS God" in that situation. There are plenty of other specs out there that are just as bad. In general, healing Sages were fine before the buff. The only time they weren't were when those things didn't happen. Which mean its a L2P issue. You can't compare a class that is universally regarded as OP, as a baseline to determine balance...

Say the king of FOTM rerolls. You shelving your Operative now?

No, I stopped playing op healer since mid 2.4 because I found it boring. Most of 2.4, I played on my shadow-way before they even announced any changes to it. In 2.5 and 2.6 I was mostly playing my madness sorc and my shadow. In 2.6 lowbies on my assassin and my mando as well as my madness sorc and shadow and some concealment-before they announced the renerfs. I wasn't aware those classes were FOTM in 2.4-2.6. AFAIR that was the marauder and PT, your classes.

Edited by sithBracer

Just those two classes?

See that's what I am talking about. You cant judge whether something is balanced or not compared to one or two classes. Ain't no way in hell you can tell me that a MM Sniper is a "DPS God" in that situation. There are plenty of other specs out there that are just as bad. In general, healing Sages were fine before the buff. The only time they weren't were when those things didn't happen. Which mean its a L2P issue. You can't compare a class that is universally regarded as OP, as a baseline to determine balance...

No, any dps class with a guard is wrecking ball, maras and pts are basically gods due to their native cooldowns.

I've run around on my infiltration shadow guarded by my tank friend, I never died, pulled top damage, cut through the enemy team - I've done the same on my sage/sorc, mara/sent, jugg/guardian... etc, etc.

You know how you deal with a guarded healer, your tank jumps in pushes the tank away (or pulls), stuns the healer, and your dps blow up the now unguarded healer.

Teamwork vs teamwork, it's an awesome concept.