Lethality operatives need a nerf too

jokerpoison

just yesterday, we were playing wzs and in this Voidstar match i found this Vienna operative from the catfish guild, she was a lethality operative throwing dots at seriusly everyone in our team, one of my friends in the wz was a healer and she was overun by everyone in our team being getting hit constandly by the dots of that Vienna, also each time i was able to track her down i would just force charge to her, and she would use evasion and the probe that shields nullifying most of my burst, if i was able to actually burst her she would just roll and INSTAHEAL i mean the spec even makes that after she roll she can use a heal instantly, and to top it all while she was running away from me she was still throwing granades and darts not only at me but at everyone close still doting us all and doing crazy damage to all of us, and she was not even geared, after the match i tracked her in fleet and not even a single pvp gear, how is that possible for her to still do that ammount of damage by just doting and not to one person but to a whole team

at the end of the match even as we won because her team was not able to break the last door in voidstar she was top damage with more than 1m + damage and 0 deaths as well as second place in medals while the second top damage was just 700k+ who was one of the friends in my group who have full obroan and augments as well this is just stupid, lethality operatives need to be nerfed as hard as councealments are being nerfed, is just stupid how noobs like this Vienna can just go and play a spec so stupidly overpower and still call thenself proper pvpers:rolleyes:

what is this garbage i just read?

All i here is "i don't know how to play", its morons like you that got scrapper needlessly nerfed in the first place. Please do the rest of us a favor and uninstall this game, as it is much too enjoyable to have morons like you calling for nerfs because your too lazy to learn how to play. Better yet instead of wining about a class, how about you go play it and realize how idiotic you are.

just yesterday, we were playing wzs and in this Voidstar match i found this Vienna operative from the catfish guild, she was a lethality operative throwing dots at seriusly everyone in our team, one of my friends in the wz was a healer and she was overun by everyone in our team being getting hit constandly by the dots of that Vienna, :

A tech healer (Scoundrel/op or merc/trooper) can cleanse these dots. Educate you 'healer' friend to key-bind their cleanse button. Those abilities do a combined 7k damage over 21-18 seconds if you cannot heal through that then seek medical advice or another game.

Thirdly:- this tactic is called pressure, it is intended that this 'fluff' damage causes pressure on your healers to achieve victory. You do realise that you won? Therefore the lethality Op posted large numbers but was unsuccessful in winning the match.

also each time i was able to track her down i would just force charge to her, and she would use evasion and the probe that shields nullifying most of my burst,

Shield probe absorbs approximately 3k damage, by burst do you mean you forced charged, pressed smash, it didn't work, and then you did not know what to do after that? Or you spent 11 seconds wiping up the drool, to charge and smash again?

So a warrior or knight complains about an operatives defensive cool-downs? You sir, are a legend.

if i was able to actually burst her she would just roll and INSTAHEAL i mean the spec even makes that after she roll she can use a heal instantly, and to top it all while she was running away from me she was still throwing granades and darts not only at me but at everyone close still doting us all and doing crazy damage to all of us,:

Have a look at this video::-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zklx3BQIV4w

It may give you nightmares :p

and she was not even geared, after the match i tracked her in fleet and not even a single pvp gear, how is that possible for her to still do that ammount of damage by just doting and not to one person but to a whole team

Ok do you realise how this makes you and your 'friends' look?

at the end of the match even as we won because her team was not able to break the last door in voidstar she was top damage with more than 1m + damage and 0 deaths as well as second place in medals while the second top damage was just 700k+ who was one of the friends in my group who have full obroan and augments as well this is just stupid, lethality operatives need to be nerfed as hard as councealments are being nerfed, is just stupid how noobs like this Vienna can just go and play a spec so stupidly overpower and still call thenself proper pvpers:rolleyes:

This is where you truly reveal your true colours. You won the game but are still not happy, because another player did more damage :( I feel sorry for you. Most players would be happy, chalk up another win, and dive in again. But no, you are entitled to be higher damage than this operative. Because you are you right? So you should be better than this 'overpowered class'.

Answer me this question please::-- How many lethality operatives do you see in warzones?

I'll strap myself into my chair to read your coherent response.

Happy drooling,

U_M

wait for 2.7 even more nerf calles to lehality on the way :p

lethality ops in pvp is just a much weaker version of the sniper counterpart..... massive fluff damage, but zero survivability, and hard to apply the backhanded burst when not being able to enter melee... possible the worst spec for pvp atm next madness sin.

in fact the spec would need a buff for pvp, but yeah these forums and stuff

As you stated your team won, this dot tactic of lethality ops is what noobs do, when I first played operative I had no clue what to do, and I did this exactly, and you know what I had always 700k+ damage at the end of the warzone I was like hell yeah I'm a BOSS! But you will soon realise you are not helping your team at all! Your not finishing anyone quickly just racking up dps that hardly makes a difference when considering eliminating people away from objectives, people who play the spec this way are just dps hunting for the end game score wow factor, which only the inexperienced think matters. The spec is decent if you play it properly and know what your doing.

As you stated your team won, this dot tactic of lethality ops is what noobs do, when I first played operative I had no clue what to do, and I did this exactly, and you know what I had always 700k+ damage at the end of the warzone I was like hell yeah I'm a BOSS! But you will soon realise you are not helping your team at all! Your not finishing anyone quickly just racking up dps that hardly makes a difference when considering eliminating people away from objectives, people who play the spec this way are just dps hunting for the end game score wow factor, which only the inexperienced think matters. The spec is decent if you play it properly and know what your doing.

if played properly... you will die a lot more but you will also burst down unsuspecting people.

Lethality has massive damage potential but great survivability issues (if you play it properly), especially if people know the spec exists. As it is you can get away in normal wzs if nobody really pays attention to you. If they do you will be spawn camping. In arenas you are an easier kill than concealment. And don't even consider going ranked with.

But yeah it is a skirmisher spec, and highly reliant on its mobility and CC, since you need to be melee get the burst going.

Because the only type of damage that matters in this game is the solo target burst on players for the kill.

It's amazing how people still think that between the two types of DPS, a high damage number at the end of the match usually means nothing or that someone had to have been number farming.

Try bursting that tank down to zero when he hasn't been put at 50% health from "fluff damage" next time. Or that healer the "fluff damage" forces them to focus on over their own HP bar; see how well you burst a good healer when they aren't split focused and only have to worry about the "solo kill hero" instead of the "team damage dealer" AND the "solo kill hero".

People are just as bad expecting KBs matter more than overall damage numbers. Stop trying to downplay team damage dealers and understand the game doesn't revolve completely around solo target DPS.

Actually they can use a free kolto pack after a scamper.

It hardly ever procs for me. Only on a lucky day and I have 2 points in the skill :(

As a lethality/Dirty Fighting Scoundrel our role is sustained damage support. To put the pressure on the healers and fight from medium range. Direct confrontation is not what we are designed for. Our defensive skills help us survive otherwise it would suck. Yea we put up huge DPS numbers but that's because we're using dots. But burst damage is how kills are made. I also have a lethality sniper which plays almost the same as my scoundrel. Snipers have a much longer casting distance and have better AOE damage mitigation which means I can lob nades all day long any wont even get notices most of the time since I'm so far away.

Because the only type of damage that matters in this game is the solo target burst on players for the kill.

It's amazing how people still think that between the two types of DPS, a high damage number at the end of the match usually means nothing or that someone had to have been number farming.

Try bursting that tank down to zero when he hasn't been put at 50% health from "fluff damage" next time. Or that healer the "fluff damage" forces them to focus on over their own HP bar; see how well you burst a good healer when they aren't split focused and only have to worry about the "solo kill hero" instead of the "team damage dealer" AND the "solo kill hero".

People are just as bad expecting KBs matter more than overall damage numbers. Stop trying to downplay team damage dealers and understand the game doesn't revolve completely around solo target DPS.

You have a point but op lethality isn't smash. All three healers can easily outheal the dot damage from corrosive grenade, so if it is only corrosive grenade spam it will not create any pressure at all (it will annoy people like mad though). if there is much to heal otherwise, it will be cleansed by merc and operative healers. Lethality dots without Cull simply doesnt cut it. That is why the sniper spec is by far superior, since it can cull from range, and then you suddenly have pressure.

Form a pure objective point of view lethality is horrible spec in group finds. You break every mez there could be with it. That's why quite some 8v8 ranked teams, didn't use lethality snipers and it even normals it can be annoying at times.

Your point still stands and is valid in my mind, but especially lethality hardly creates the pressure you need to worry healers. pre. 2.7 smash does, AP does, Lightning, snipers lethality does, and snipers engineering does.