Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

I don't think that type of repair can be done without having to travel to a dedicated facility.

There are some droids that could possibly do it, but nothing the PH would have access to.

On another note, I just realized I had an entire writeup of CCN droids that I never posted, which led to these droids never being brought up in my Kaggath. Yay :mad:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that type of repair can be done without having to travel to a dedicated facility.

Agreed.

These types of repair droids were a very rare and important factor for ships, boasted about when actually implemented. They were in ships such as the Viscount, Vader's personal Executor and other intensely high ranking Imperial ships.

They wouldn't have been such a huge bonus etc if they were around in the Clone Wars era, and we'd have Heard about this if it was a big thing in the Malevolence. Hell, just a quick sentence in a sourcebook or the episode. There's been nothing.

Agreed.

These types of repair droids were a very rare and important factor for ships, boasted about when actually implemented. They were in ships such as the Viscount, Vader's personal Executor and other intensely high ranking Imperial ships.

They wouldn't have been such a huge bonus etc if they were around in the Clone Wars era, and we'd have Heard about this if it was a big thing in the Malevolence. Hell, just a quick sentence in a sourcebook or the episode. There's been nothing.

Then in order for it be get to a repair facility it would have to travel to Geonosis, two weeks away on a one way trip, and get fixed up. I'm pretty sure as well that without a bridge making those jumps is going to be difficult, if not impossible.

Then in order for it be get to a repair facility it would have to travel to Geonosis, two weeks away on a one way trip, and get fixed up. I'm pretty sure as well that without a bridge making those jumps is going to be difficult, if not impossible.

The Hyperdrive is on the bridge... Without a second bridge, which is something that was never mentioned, Hyperspace jumps are going to be almost Impossible.

I would say flat out impossible but there's probably a way around it, though that would take a lot longer.

Except a single zone can only be so effective. Ord Mantell has more landing zones than Fort Garnik, what's to stop them from landing somewhere else and transporting them to the battlefield.

The PH has to find them first.

Lumiya will be prepared but so will Jaina. She won't go in blind.

I doubt the Hutts ability to convince people to fly into an active volcano. :p

Well I was thinking in terms of hyperspace travel, however there are three ways in so you may have a point.

And they can, with superior sensor technology!

That's an active volcano filled with credits. :D

As for repair of the Malevolence, I'm seriously doubting it. Any repair droids that are on board and can repair this form of damage where created after the Clone Wars, with the best being created during New Republic. And considering the crew are B2's, it would be illogical to have droids like that, regardless of Lumiya and other Imperial things.

Unless you can find one affiliated with the CIS that can repair a bridge, and other internal damages. Otherwise, you have astromechs, and maybe a goose droid.

They managed to repair the hyperdrive, why not other internal systems?

I'd like to see some actual sources for these claims.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well I was thinking in terms of hyperspace travel, however there are three ways in so you may have a point.

And they can, with superior sensor technology!

That's an active volcano filled with credits. :D

Not sure how many will say yes to an active volcano in the middle of a war zone.

They managed to repair the hyperdrive, why not other internal systems?

I'd like to see some actual sources for these claims.

Hyperdrive and Navicomputer are different things.

We've listed reasons, if you don't like them that's on you...

On the topic of Tholme, does anyone remember that Sora Bulq was able to detect his presence. It was just a hint, yes, and it prevented Bulq from tracing him normally, but the fact is that Bulq was able to pick up on his presence. If Tholme personally infiltrates the Hegemony base, the more powerful Force user (than Bulq) in Lumiya should be more than capable of detecting him.

I don't question his ability to evade people, but I am merely pointing out that it is very possible that Lumiya could detect him.

Not sure how many will say yes to an active volcano in the middle of a war zone.
OK so were actually not joking?

Alright, well I'll draw attention to the following.

1. Members of the criminal underworld ferried supplies into warzones for a living, they're called smugglers.

2. The Mantellian Separatists worked with some of the most notorious criminals in the galaxy, who, in the middle of the war, had a meeting within the very volcano in question.

3. It used to belong to a criminal!

I mean really, what are we suggesting? That the smugglers will be afraid it will explode as they pass over the top? Honestly if they are really that worried, just land outside...

Edited by Beniboybling

Hyperdrive and Navicomputer are different things.

We've listed reasons, if you don't like them that's on you...

They are both internal systems...

...I'm confused as to what difference you are referring to that makes one repairable, and the other not.

EDIT: I'm also fairly sure that any maintenance droid, say an astromech, could repair a navicomputer.

EDIT: If they really need to, contact Imperial Intel and have them send over some techs.

Edited by Beniboybling

...I'm confused as to what difference you are referring to that makes one repairable, and the other not.

EDIT: I'm also fairly sure that any maintenance droid, say an astromech, could repair a navicomputer.

Except that it was destroyed when the bridge was.

Repairing one and building one are different things, the hyperdive is a large system in the bowls of the Ship, the navicomputer was on the bridge... that just exploded.

On the topic of Tholme, does anyone remember that Sora Bulq was able to detect his presence. It was just a hint, yes, and it prevented Bulq from tracing him normally, but the fact is that Bulq was able to pick up on his presence. If Tholme personally infiltrates the Hegemony base, the more powerful Force user (than Bulq) in Lumiya should be more than capable of detecting him.

I don't question his ability to evade people, but I am merely pointing out that it is very possible that Lumiya could detect him.

In that case he could be said to be simply diminishing his presence in the Force. Even then it took a Force Bond to find him. Also add to that he has the ability to completely cut himself entirely from the Force--to an extant that even those he had Force Bonds with believed him to have died.

After thought: Even then Bulq had been a good friend of Tholme for years beforehand, and familiarity makes things a whole lot easier.

Edited by karadron

Repairing one and building one are different things, the hyperdive is a large system in the bowls of the Ship, the navicomputer was on the bridge... that just exploded.
Was it? I was of the opinion that the torpedo damaged the bridge, not destroyed it.

I mean, it would have to pack one hell of a punch.

Anyone want to focus on the fact that a Spec ops placed Bomb could set off that Volcano and obliterate Beni's home base?
I'm not sure setting off a bomb just anywhere would achieve that effect.

I mean, I'm not geographer, but I'm pretty sure the business end of a volcano is located deep underground.

Edited by Beniboybling

They were worried that it would cause it to erupt. Serious repercussions with the natives afterward.
Ah yes, and I suppose Gilad isn't concerned about setting of a volcano and possibly killing everyone, including him, on the island? Oh you had better hope that thing isn't a mile across. :p

Ah yes, and I suppose Gilad isn't concerned about setting of a volcano and possibly killing everyone, including him, on the island? Oh you had better hope that thing isn't a mile across. :p

On the upside... The GA would be only kill what? 50 individuals tops? All considered hostile. They themselves would know in advance and already be getting on the transports for evac.

I know it likely won't happen...but dangerous environment is dangerous!

On the upside... The GA would be only kill what? 50 individuals tops? All considered hostile. They themselves would know in advance and already be getting on the transports for evac.

I know it likely won't happen...but dangerous environment is dangerous!

:p

Seriously though, if you set off that volcano the entire island would be destroyed. Everyone on it would die and it would never be habitable again. Its not good enough just to evacuate the Alliance, you have to evacuate the civilians as well, they people you put their faith in you who have now left you homeless and without a livelihood.

Heaven forbid that the Hegemony finds out, and turns the population against them.

:p

Seriously though, if you set off that volcano the entire island would be destroyed. Everyone on it would die and it would never be habitable again. Its not good enough just to evacuate the Alliance, you have to evacuate the civilians as well, they people you put their faith in you who have now left you homeless and without a livelihood.

Heaven forbid that the Hegemony finds out, and turns the population against them.

By that time the PH would be dead. :jawa_evil:

Also, it is sparsely populated last time I checked... Could send a single transport and likely pick the majority of them up...

By that time the PH would be dead. :jawa_evil:

Also, it is sparsely populated last time I checked... Could send a single transport and likely pick the majority of them up...

They have to plan it first, and then make time to evacuate everyone... which will hardly go unnoticed.

Lol, even if we pretend that the number of NPCs in game is the number of people living on the island, you still couldn't fit them into a transport. We are talking about an entire island here, with an economy damn it, and a civil war, that's going to be more than a few dozen! We are talking thousands. The population of Ord Mantell is 4 billion by the way.

Even if they do go through with this plan it won't work. Firstly Lumiya will have time to escape, assuming they are not sending Tholme and Jaina on a suicide mission she'll sense a disturbance in the Force and get the hell out of there.

And with no ground to fight on it becomes a purely aerial engagement, cue Tri-fighters and Predators that swoop in and blow the fleeing Alliance out of the sky. The Phantom Hegemony is victorious, nice try, GG.

EDIT: Heck, this is an idea, what is to stop the Hegemony setting off the volcano, fleeing before it erupts, and watching the fireworks as Gilad and co. and burnt to a fiery crisp? Sounds like a plan.

Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: Heck, this is an idea, what is to stop the Hegemony setting off the volcano, fleeing before it erupts, and watching the fireworks as Gilad and co. and burnt to a fiery crisp? Sounds like a plan.

It does not seem like an idea that any of the leaders in the PH would think of. Even then blowing the volcano would only be an option for the GA if it appeared that everyone was doomed any ways. Infiltrating and killing the leadership and causing general mayhem would be more than an option though.