Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New with a few questions

xXxNYROxXx
11.21.2020 , 11:32 PM | #1
Hello I am new and JUST finished installing the game. I do have a few questions though.

1. I installed the regular launcher then realized the game is also on steam. Do I need to reinstall it from steam to launch it from their and get the steam achievements?

2. What is the most active server for RP? (NA)

3. What class story do you think is the best?

mike_carton
11.21.2020 , 11:42 PM | #2
1. Yes
2. Star Forge
3. Imperial Agent is generally considered the most interesting. After that, there’s no consensus. Jedi Knight is the most consequential.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

xXxNYROxXx
11.21.2020 , 11:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
1. Yes
2. Star Forge
3. Imperial Agent is generally considered the most interesting. After that, there’s no consensus. Jedi Knight is the most consequential.
Ty for answering!

Mubrak
Yesterday , 04:12 AM | #4
Agent would be the best from a pure storytelling perspective, especially if you like spy and conspiracy stories. But IMO it works best when you already played some other classes and have a notion of what's going on in the galaxy.

Knight is the classic hero's journey at the heart of the overall story arc. Don't expect any expectations to be subverted, but definitely one of the classes I would play before the Agent.

Warrior is the Knight's imperial counterpart in gameplay and story, showing the other side's perspective.

If you just want a fun self-contained story: Smuggler or Bounty Hunter for swashbuckling adventures, and Inquisitor for the force user power fantasy.
Let us turn off that gaudy flashing icon over every vendor's head.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

JediQuaker
Yesterday , 08:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xXxNYROxXx View Post
1. I installed the regular launcher then realized the game is also on steam. Do I need to reinstall it from steam to launch it from their and get the steam achievements?
1. You don't have to install it through Steam. You can "link" your standard install to Steam and then launch it through Steam. (I did this a while ago but I've never actually launched SWTOR through Steam, and I don't know if you get the cheevos that way.)

2. Don't know. 😏

3. I never paid all that much attention to the story. 🤔
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV