Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Starfighter (GSF) Suggestions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Galactic Starfighter (GSF) Suggestions

cheese_cake
02.12.2020 , 09:43 AM | #31
By latching onto a fragment of a statement & twisting it to fit your beliefs and agenda, you have displayed a lack of ability and willingness to earnestly discuss the issue. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and replied to you seriously, but you refuse take yourself seriously.

Matchmaker creates imbalanced teams regardless of groups.

Drakkolich
02.12.2020 , 01:26 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by sharpenedstick View Post
At least we've advanced in one particular. None of these defensive premade players any longer deny they make their groups to stomp PUGs. It's refreshing that they've dispensed with the lie that they're just trying to find other elite competiton.

Not being able to make youtube videos of your 1000 to 3 wins is a small price to pay for better, faster and healthier queues.
Hey just thought I'd pop in here and let you know that I play in a group to fight other groups, the best GSF games are premade vs premade ones, where you have to coordinate with your team better then theirs to win. While one sided games are definitely a side effect of looking for those games, it's also the only way I can find them.

As for the Youtube videos, most of my videos are premade vs premade games actually, and I've always strived to put up the best games of each day up there. However much to my surprise the "stomps" as you call them are my most watched videos, they're actually what people want to see apparently. To that effect I'm planing on adding more videos in the coming months of just simple games where I do well since that's apparently what people like to watch more.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

sharpenedstick
02.12.2020 , 05:18 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
By latching onto a fragment of a statement & twisting it to fit your beliefs and agenda, you have displayed a lack of ability and willingness to earnestly discuss the issue. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and replied to you seriously, but you refuse take yourself seriously.

Matchmaker creates imbalanced teams regardless of groups.
No, the plain fact is you're unable to reconcile the incompatibility between your positions, and between them and reality.

It's quite simple. Are imbalanced queues an issue?

If so, then you should support measures to reduce their occurrence. Sure, eliminating premades isn't going to fix the problem on its own. That's because premades aren't the only issue. But since premades don't produce balanced queues, eliminating will help.

If you reject solutions because they don't solve everything, you won't accept anything.

Put another way, what do we lose by eliminating premades other than curbstomps?

Queueing with friends? Sure. The three people, in the world, who queue up with a few friends will just have to sacrifice that to get rid of a fair proportion of the 1000 to 4 stomps, and their sacrifice will be remembered with honor.

DakhathKilrathi
02.12.2020 , 08:15 PM | #34
It's quite simple. Are imbalanced queues an issue?
Not because of groups.

Put another way, what do we lose by eliminating premades other than curbstomps?
Better question: does removing curbstomps and premades from the game affect the health of the game at all? In six years of playing, my experience is no. Queues depend on server population and time of day.

Would better matchmaking be nice? Absolutely. But removing premades isn't going to make the matchmaker any better.

Drakkolich
02.12.2020 , 08:56 PM | #35
Queueing with friends? Sure. The three people, in the world, who queue up with a few friends will just have to sacrifice that to get rid of a fair proportion of the 1000 to 4 stomps, and their sacrifice will be remembered with honor.
This line really is enlightening, the fact you think there are that little premades playing.

Even if my team were the problem you're making us out to be, (which I absolutely disagree with anyways) there are so many other people out there that play in premades that you'd be forcing to not play the way they enjoy. There are entire GSF guilds on different servers that play together. Just recently I found out about a guild on Tulak hord that is over 25 members strong that constantly play in 4 mans often filling up over 50% of games with just their guild in games.

You also have Vermillion/Iota Squadron on Darth malgus which has just a huge population of members and always encourage everyone to never fly alone.

On Starforge we have multiple premades I see all the time and to top it all off Verain and I run a GSF Groupfinder discord which is 65 members strong now which is exactly what it sounds like, it's a place for players to find other players to group with and discuss group strategies.

I hope this makes you rethink how you view the word "premade" in the future. In the end this is all a matchmaker problem, currently it's supposed to match every one in a group to the highest players matchmaking rating in that group. However it's obviously not working properly because we often will see teams with 2 premades on the same damn side, which should never happen if it was working properly. You aren't actually against premades, you're against the matchmaker you're just directing your rage in the wrong direction.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

sharpenedstick
02.12.2020 , 10:25 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DakhathKilrathi View Post
Not because of groups.
Groups produce imbalanced queues. Imbalanced queues are bad.

BUT

I want to pwn noobs. So groups good.

Error to compute. We can hear the gears grinding all the way from here.
---
I don't know how to multiquote, so I'll just say I've seen Drak's stream, his youtube and him and his stomp squad in game.

Yeah, sure, they don't want 50 to 4 wins. That's why they take them constantly. It's like they'd love for nothing but 49 to 50s, but why can't they get them? What are they doing wrong? How is piling up all the good players on one team, in coordination and voice chat (though they mostly just shoot the breeze now, because, you know, stomps) resulting in these matches?!

IT'S A MYSTERY FOLKS!

DakhathKilrathi
02.12.2020 , 10:56 PM | #37
I want to pwn noobs. So groups good.
I mean I'm a solo player. Ask anyone. Try again. And try addressing my points this time.

also who cares if they want to win who doesn't like winning what kind of nonsense is that

Wildtee
02.12.2020 , 10:58 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
Yeah, I don't think he's actually that sharp of a stick.

sharpenedstick
02.13.2020 , 12:02 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildtee View Post
Yeah, I don't think he's actually that sharp of a stick.
I'd like to be embarrassed for you, but I know this is literally the best you can do, and you spent all day at the keyboard trying to come up with it. So instead, I'll just say "good job, never give up your dreams!"

DakhathKilrathi
02.13.2020 , 12:25 AM | #40
I'd like to be embarrassed for you, but I know this is literally the best you can do, and you spent all day at the keyboard trying to come up with it. So instead, I'll just say "good job, never give up your dreams!"
psssssssst

you forgot to answer me again

i can link my post if you need it