Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

ValronTien
12.24.2014 , 05:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post

P.S. 3.0 is almost here, I'll do an update once I have all the details.

Looking forward to updated version of this. Thanks for the guide.

SladeRenegade
03.12.2015 , 03:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by ValronTien View Post
Me too. Use this a lot and it really helps. People often ask me how my companions are so much stronger.
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a war Ship on me is cheating! Take it back!"
--ID from Xenogears

Preston_Violent
03.26.2015 , 07:07 AM | #43
Thanks for the guide, found it very helpful! One thing, though, is a bit confusing: tank stats priorities are the same for all type of tank companions? What I mean is, aim based tank companions which kind look to powertech / vanguard classes and strength based companions like Scourge or Broonmark which are the juggernaut / guardian type; for players powertech and jugg's tanking obviously mean different proportions of absorb / shield / defense. For tank companions, however, is it all the same or, let's say, Scourge needs more defense while Corso needs more shield?

PavSalco
04.07.2015 , 04:17 AM | #44
Jaesa, full alacrity build +10,26% (926 rating).
186 gear with two enhancements 37 and hilt 172.
Augments: blue Power and blue Accuracy
Accuracy: 94,53%. Gotta buy her a purple accuracy augment to get 95%.

http://i.imgur.com/HrL9qRZ.png

I expect her to reach 2000 with 198 armorings.
Not a subscriber, just a referral
$15 for a monthly 1 hour single player ain't worth it

Willzilla
04.14.2015 , 01:50 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by PavSalco View Post
Jaesa, full alacrity build +10,26% (926 rating).
186 gear with two enhancements 37 and hilt 172.
Augments: blue Power and blue Accuracy
Accuracy: 94,53%. Gotta buy her a purple accuracy augment to get 95%.

http://i.imgur.com/HrL9qRZ.png

I expect her to reach 2000 with 198 armorings.
How goes the all alacrity build? Does she wreck stuff enough to sit back with a bag of popcorn?

Joefjr
04.25.2015 , 06:14 PM | #46
Any idea how Treek in tank stance + shield, while in full DPS gear would work with a DPS toon.
PLEASE give us an option to make HK-55 Melee we NEED a melee droid we got plenty of range droids already!
(9 Patches and still not fixed)Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat are Force users comps getting tech power.

KevMeup
06.08.2015 , 11:18 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Joefjr View Post
Any idea how Treek in tank stance + shield, while in full DPS gear would work with a DPS toon.
She works fairly well this way. Her DPS won't be as good as others, but if you need mobs facing away from you for maul or backstab this can be great. You may decide to skip the shield and just give her a generator though as her shielding might not keep her alive too much longer. Unlike players, she can do all the skills on her bars with a generator and it will give her a nice dps boost.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

KevMeup
06.08.2015 , 11:30 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Preston_Violent View Post
Thanks for the guide, found it very helpful! One thing, though, is a bit confusing: tank stats priorities are the same for all type of tank companions? What I mean is, aim based tank companions which kind look to powertech / vanguard classes and strength based companions like Scourge or Broonmark which are the juggernaut / guardian type; for players powertech and jugg's tanking obviously mean different proportions of absorb / shield / defense. For tank companions, however, is it all the same or, let's say, Scourge needs more defense while Corso needs more shield?
The main difference with player stats for tanking is their skill trees (and stances). Since companions don't have real skill trees stat priority doesn't change much between them.

Heavy vs light armor also influences stat priority for tanking. Less armor usually means more shield/absorb and all companions are at a major armor disadvantage compared to players, so heavy vs light doesn't shift the priority for them. They also all get a large shield buff to start, so that means you get more return from each absorb, it makes shield/absorb a good value.

KevMeup
06.08.2015 , 11:39 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by ValronTien View Post
Sorry for the delay, took a little break, I'm gathering gear this week so I can do some updates. The new free companion gear will be awesome to get exact comparisons. It also makes the more difficult to gear companions like droids or torian easily attainable.

KevMeup
06.09.2015 , 12:45 PM | #50
Added Devoted Allies companion gear info. Expanded Presence section. Added note on player debuffs.

I'll update parses once I have a full test. So far things seem to be about the same as before, just higher numbers.
1700 melee dps (Dot spec)
1300 melee dps (armor piercing)
1100 HK

I'm considering adding a fight parse in there for reference. Revan fight isn't a bad one, it's nice and long, I'm just worried my derping on the orbs might add a lot of inconsistency to the total parse. Geared Vector was at 2500 for the fight the last time I did it. If anyone has a good idea for another real world boss fight that would be long enough to parse a companion on, let me know.