What proff to choose?

lordlille

I have just returned to SWTOR after several years of break.

I would like to start all over again, but do not know what a proff I should choose. thinking my end game should be pvp.

I don't mind playing a healer. but also like the dps roll.

you guys have ideas for what to choose?

thank you for your time

I don't know how we can recommend something without knowing more about what YOU like.

DPS and healers are both useful in PvP. So, you are fine with either one from that point of view. :D

Do you want to be able to swap roles between matches? So you be be a healer one match, but then another healer in your guild (or whatever) logs in, and so you want to swap the same toon to DPS now? If so, you want to pick a class that has both a heal and a DPS spec, like a merc or a sorc.

Do you like melee-in-your-face play, or trying to stay away at a distance (i.e. ranged)?

Do you want to be FOTM overpowered bad-arse that everyone else will whine about, or the low woman on the totem pole that everyone will target first? :D

etc.

I used to play an assassin like a Tank / DPS. I remember that as fun. but have read that assassin has been nerf to death. And if that's right, I don't want to spend too much time on it.

That's why I'm asking here. Is there a class to avoid? What would be fun to start with when i not having playing SWOR for years.

Well, I play a sin (shadow actually). I play one of the DPS specs (infiltration/deception), and it seems fine. It's not top tier, no, but I can still spike people out of stealth and make them hurt. :p Plus for regs I can sap-cap nodes, solo guard nodes. In HB I can wait in the EZ in stealth and ask my team why they are not getting me the ball. :D Lots of utility. I can off guard when needed. I could swap to tank spec if I wanted, but I prefer my jugger for that.

If you want to experiment with heals though, of course, sins don't have a heal spec. If you want top-tier DPS with a possible heal spec, then you probably want to take a look at mercs/mandos.

My opinion only, of course.