Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

Well, my sith isn't quite like that. While incompetent people annoy her, failing in the face of ridiculous orders doesn't bother her. To her, it's not a problem with the "normals" (ie, non-sith) so much as the assinine demands put upon them by their sith leaders. She's friendly to the non-sith troopers and intelligence types. She doesn't WANT to be one of "those" sith who the troops feel terrified to be around lest she lash out at them for them sneezing or coughing at the wrong time.

*snip*

There's absolutely nothing to indicate Quinn had ever made any sort of "ridiculous order" to the fellow he was berating when my Sith warrior entered the room to catch him at it. In fact, from everything she could see of him, he was not the sort of officer to give "ridiculous orders". He acted carefully, rather. It's right there in his most immediate responses and manner upon first meeting. So her first impression of him is one of admiration and respect, shrug.

There's absolutely nothing to indicate Quinn had ever made any sort of "ridiculous order" to the fellow he was berating when my Sith warrior entered the room to catch him at it. In fact, from everything she could see of him, he was not the sort of officer to give "ridiculous orders". He acted carefully, rather. It's right there in his most immediate responses and manner upon first meeting. So her first impression of him is one of admiration and respect, shrug.

Like I said, it was first impressions. She'd run into other officers who'd made somewhat ridiculous demands on Dromund Kaas, so this seemed to be yet another in that line. It's all about those first few seconds, when you run into someone for the very first time. Not trying to argue that's how he IS, just saying that was the initial impression my warrior got. :jawa_wink:

Idk if this has been mentioned (I am -not- reading 24 pages of posts), but for a jedi consular, why isn't zenith romanceable? I'm a guy, so I dunno, but I found Lt. Irresso pretty bland/boring. He does have a dark secret, but his attitude is all "yeah w/e" or "hey I'll roll with that"

Theran already has a sentient hologram of a GF (AWKWARD!). Plus hes sleezy and I just want to punch his face in (dunno about ladies...?)

Zenith seems a more complex/interesting character. His years struggling against the Imps as a resistance fighter have left him jaded/gruff. He doesn't trust people. It was implied he was kicked off balmorra because he has learned too much from the Imps he was fighting... (Be careful when staring into the abyss, as the abyss will stare back into you, when fighting monsters you might become one yourself, kinda thing).

Isn't he something of the "bad boy" archetype? As a romance BW could either go that route, and/or bring out a specific event that "changed" him, and allow the female players to "heal" him from this emotional trauma? Loss of a close friend, betrayal by said friend, family/loved one died, etc. I dunno, he seems to have potential. If nothing else it would apply to the female xenophiles out there!

Ladies... am I wrong here? >.>

On another note... yeah why couldn't they level the playing field more? Why did one class get x2 male x2 female, and others only 1/1? Couldn't all classes/genders have a LS/DS romance option? Or at least the option to shift the alignment of a romance option? With jedi consulars Nadia is your padawan. Her character is also naive/new to the galactic stage. Her species is also new to the force. They have so few force users/contact with the galaxy that they really have no idea what it is. Eager to learn this new power of hers/trusting her master, it would be easy to corrupt her to the dark side (same with the SI's togruta companion/love interest. Her pride broke her from the order.... and could break her even more?)

As a (normal straight) guy, I totally agree.

I have a male Trooper, a male Smuggler, a female Jedi Knight and a female Jedi Consular.

For my male characters, I'm covered (though I have to say despite all of them being level 40-ish I have yet to actually have a 'romance' in-game with one of my companions).

The Trooper gets Elara (british accents are damn sexy, win), my Smuggler has been 'space-laid' a few times or should I say 'space-one-night-standed', but looking forward to romancing Risha even though initially she's a cold-hearted ******.

My girls seem to get the shaft, and not in a good way. From a sexuality and social standpoint I find it interesting to be a guy-whos-a-girl-but-should-like-guys-'cause you know-I'm a girl. But I digress.

Theran is f-ing creepy and borderline gay. And whats the deal with Holiday? What? Does she F him with light somehow? That guy has serious issues if he cant have a relationship with a real woman because of a hologram. In some F-ed up way if she was a state-of-the-art anatomically correct droid made to look like a real female in every way I could understand that relationship. As it stands? NO. Get away from my magically babelicious Jedi, freak.

Zenith does seem like the least lame (potentially, if BW actually let us) romanceable male so far, but no. As a Jedi, I'm just going to forgo a romantic relationship period like a Jedi is supposed to.

As for my female Jedi Knight, I'm really disappointed I didn't make her a male because honestly Kira is exactly what I look for in a woman. She's "cute", has a personality, is funny, and best of all - fits my definition as the perfect life-long "partner in crime".

As an aside - I get that a lot of girls want children in-game in a perfect world (or at least, thats what I get from reading the reply's). But really, children are ultimate buzzkill. What responsible parent is going to take/have children on any battlefield? Leave them on the ship? Great parenting! How about taking them to touchy-feely places like Nar Shadda?

Kids mean the lives of our charcters are effectively over. Unless you know, you're a Smuggler and are Ok with having bastard children all over the galaxy - in which case they're not your responsibility anyways... anything else means the life of adventure and risk is over. Welcome to the life of safety, responsibility, health insurance and diapers!

Edited by EllorKataan

I think the smuggler story was written by a woman too, if I recall correctly.

I need to play my smuggler more. I love the one-liners she has. :jawa_smile:

Corso is a pretty romantic guy if you like the type that makes you go "awwwww" like a teenage girl.

(I freely admit going "awww" A LOT! :D )

As an aside - I get that a lot of girls want children in-game in a perfect world (or at least, thats what I get from reading the reply's). But really, children are ultimate buzzkill. What responsible parent is going to take/have children on any battlefield? Leave them on the ship? Great parenting! How about taking them to touchy-feely places like Nar Shadda?

I think the implication in a lot of the "marriage and kids" conversations are that the characters are considering having kids in the future. Or at least that's how I choose to read it, because it's mental to have kids while you're running around the galaxy fighting people left and right. I suppose if you're Sith you could always just dump your kids off on Korriban, but something tells me they wouldn't last too long.

*snip*

Kids mean the lives of our charcters are effectively over. Unless you know, you're a Smuggler and are Ok with having bastard children all over the galaxy - in which case they're not your responsibility anyways... anything else means the life of adventure and risk is over. Welcome to the life of safety, responsibility, health insurance and diapers!

Hey, anyone who threatens my Bounty Hunter's kids better watch out.

She and her husband took the head of the Republic's Supreme Chancellor and then told the Sith Lord who set them on the task to go to Hell.

Mess with them, and you'll have a buttload of Mandalorian fury bearing down on you.

I just don't see children as being any sort of life-ending event for her, anyway. She'd remain the kick-butt and take names character she's been all along. Children would only ADD something real and dynamic to her story, rather, I think. Doesn't mean everyone's character must or should have kiddie-pies, either. But in a choice-driven story, why not allow for the chance?

Edited by Phyreblade

Frankly, I don't see most of the classes having children. BH - maybe. Smuggler - maybe. The Jedi would have to go through a lot of talking with the Council before getting permission to even get married, plus, they won't even be allowed to bond with their kids (and if they respect the code, they woudn't risk having kids in the first place)

For the Sith.. I highly doubt that the Warrior's family would tolerate a sudden non-sensitive child (even though his kids being non-sensitive is very unlikely), but the very fact of ruining the bloodline, by making babies with a "simple mortal"... Especially if you're playing a pureblood. Purebloods might stomach a human mate, but an alien no-body like Vette..

Frankly, I don't see most of the classes having children. BH - maybe. Smuggler - maybe. The Jedi would have to go through a lot of talking with the Council before getting permission to even get married, plus, they won't even be allowed to bond with their kids (and if they respect the code, they woudn't risk having kids in the first place)

For the Sith.. I highly doubt that the Warrior's family would tolerate a sudden non-sensitive child (even though his kids being non-sensitive is very unlikely), but the very fact of ruining the bloodline, by making babies with a "simple mortal"... Especially if you're playing a pureblood. Purebloods might stomach a human mate, but an alien no-body like Vette..

Interesting thoughts. My Warrior is a female and it's just very likely she would have children, actually. There simply isn't any real biological or social rule against it, for her and Quinn. Rather the opposite, in fact. I would imagine her family and class would insist upon her having heirs to carry on her line, rather than discourage them.

My Sith Inquisitor is a male, though. I am not sure it will ever be likely he has children with Ashara. But I've not played his story all the way through. I do know she's one of the few romances that refrains from ending the story solidly married to the main character. I honestly see that as being the driving dynamic in their continued story together. Children, not so much.

You're right, though. The most likely of my characters to have little ones will be my Bounty Hunter. Mandalorians have high regards for family ties and encourage such bonds.

Hey, anyone who threatens my Bounty Hunter's kids better watch out. She and her husband took the head of the Republic's Supreme Chancellor and then told the Sith Lord who set them on the task to go to Hell. Mess with them, and you'll have a buttload of Mandalorian fury bearing down on you.

Plus, wouldn't Mako and Blizz make AWESOME babysitters?

You'd come home and learn that your toddler has been taught how to slice into the holonet to watch all the cartoons they want (on someone else's dime, of course), as well as being able to build their own holo-receivers in their playpen (which now can walk itself down to the kitchen and get the kiddy's juiceboxes for them). :jawa_smile:

Edited by LyriaFrost

I think the implication in a lot of the "marriage and kids" conversations are that the characters are considering having kids in the future. Or at least that's how I choose to read it, because it's mental to have kids while you're running around the galaxy fighting people left and right. I suppose if you're Sith you could always just dump your kids off on Korriban, but something tells me they wouldn't last too long.

Yeah, from what I have seen of the Corso romance he makes reference to 'settling down' and quitting the smuggler life, living on a farm or on Ord Mantell or something. Certainly I would not think that my smuggler's current life is at all suited to raising children (let alone being pregnant.) But then, she's not the same species as her only romance option, so I'm not sure offspring is even physically possible.

Now, when Numen finishes freeing Balmorra, all bets are off... :t_wink:

Plus, wouldn't Mako and Blizz make AWESOME babysitters?

You'd come home and learn that your toddler has been taught how to slice into the holonet to watch all the cartoons they want (on someone else's dime, of course), as well as being able to build their own holo-receivers in their playpen. :jawa_smile:

Classic! I fell in love with Blizz when he first picked my Hunter's blaster off her belt. He would make a perfect sitters for the kiddies, you're right!

Considering that a male light-side Sith Warrior can romance Vette but have Jaesa agree to bear his children, I think the most likely course of action there is that the Warrior may genuinely love Vette, but formally wed and have children with Jaesa for the sake of the bloodline.

I can see the SW having a non-force using child due to her husband being Quinn. With his rising stature in the Imperial Military the kid would just follow in Quinn's footsteps and go to the Imperial Military Academy and become an officer.

The Force-gene is still quite strong. Having a sensitive ancestor is enough to have sensitive kids for several generations after.

The warrior seems pretty gifted on her own, plus, she comes from a family of Sith =)

There simply isn't any real biological or social rule against it, for her and Quinn. Rather the opposite, in fact. I would imagine her family and class would insist upon her having heirs to carry on her line, rather than discourage them.

That's the point. There is a rule. Preserving the bloodline is important for Sith. Don't mingle with "simple mortals". Something like royalty =)

A human Sith family might accept Quinn, but I doubt a family of purebloods would.

The Force-gene is still quite strong. Having a sensitive ancestor is enough to have sensitive kids for several generations after.

The warrior seems pretty gifted on her own, plus, she comes from a family of Sith =)

That's the point. There is a rule. Preserving the bloodline is important for Sith. Don't mingle with "simple mortals". Something like royalty =)

A human Sith family might accept Quinn, but I doubt a family of purebloods would.

Good point, my female LS SW is a cyborg ( why I picked that I have no idea really, seemed neat at the time) so he would most likely not have issues with her family.

Classic! I fell in love with Blizz when he first picked my Hunter's blaster off her belt. He would make a perfect sitters for the kiddies, you're right!

Yeah, that scene made me laugh. I didn't have the heart to esc out of the conversation to try the "mean" responses. Just went with "If you give it back, I'll show you" nice response. :jawa_smile:

Blizz is soooo freaking adorable.

BH: Okay, I'm heading out. Torian, you're with me. Blizz, Mako, you're on kidlet duty.

Blizz: Okay! Blizz watch little-boss!

*Skadge has, at this point, been shoved out an airlock into a nearby sun or something, of course*

I've been really confused. I know that you can flirt with this one dude (but apparently it doesn't count as a romance?) and the other dude you get much later in the game, and he is romanceable.

But..

I. Don't. Want. Him. I'm still confused about our romance options - do we really only have one?

Btw, ME2's best was Garrus with Thane being a close second. Jacob annoyed me. :> I don't mind aliens~

I actually wanted Zenith.....bad boy kinda rang my bells.....but settled for who I could get.

On another note... yeah why couldn't they level the playing field more? Why did one class get x2 male x2 female, and others only 1/1? Couldn't all classes/genders have a LS/DS romance option? Or at least the option to shift the alignment of a romance option? With jedi consulars Nadia is your padawan. Her character is also naive/new to the galactic stage. Her species is also new to the force. They have so few force users/contact with the galaxy that they really have no idea what it is. Eager to learn this new power of hers/trusting her master, it would be easy to corrupt her to the dark side (same with the SI's togruta companion/love interest. Her pride broke her from the order.... and could break her even more?)

That "one class" doesn't even get x2 x2 as everyone believes. SW has x1 Romance option if you are lightside male and x2 only if you are darkside male.

Fem SW gets stuck with x1 romance option like every other fem <insert any other class here> except what makes them special is they get the worst one in-game: Malavai Quinn.

Pierce has only one flirt option = doesn't count.

Girls- if you have not played as a Trooper yet, you need to play up to level 8 just so you can meet ARIC JORGAN--- super handsome feline faced Cathay (my what big teeth you have) . The voice acting alone will melt you into a puddle of dreamy eyed goo. You will have to crack that gruff exterior to find out what makes him purr!

Girls- if you have not played as a Trooper yet, you need to play up to level 8 just so you can meet ARIC JORGAN--- super handsome feline faced Cathay (my what big teeth you have) . The voice acting alone will melt you into a puddle of dreamy eyed goo. You will have to crack that gruff exterior to find out what makes him purr!

Ew, no. Even if one could get past the terrible personality, he's a furry. I don't look at a cat and go "Mmm, mmm. Gotta get me some of that." Couldn't they have given female troopers a human option ? :confused:

I'm actually disappointed there were so few non-human options for us females. We get all of one while guys get five. Some of us want to romance aliens too. I suppose you COULD count Vector and say we get two, but he is still technically human so I do not.

Male non-human romance options- Akaavi, Nadia, Vette, Kaliyo and Ashara.

Female non-human romance options - Aric Jorgen.

I am seriously disappoint. I'm pretty sure it's not just the me and guys that want to romance some aliens.

Ohh.. I am so much looking forward to romancing Aric, he is next up after my BH is done with Torian =) that voice!! *swoon*