SWTOR acronyms explained

Icestar

Updated with :

GC: Galactic Command. A system that gears players through RNG crates.

RNG: Random number generator. This will decide what loot the player get and how good it is.

I will update more after the new expansion launches.

Edited by Icestar

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the amazing explanation <3

Thats a lot of time used to do this. Thanks for that it helps when people say Harb.

I am happy to help :tran_smile:

If there is anything that is not in the post please let me know and I will update.

Edited by Icestar

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Please do not use this thread to spam your referral links, it is not allowed in posts and you will get your post removed.

Probably end up getting a warning aswell.

A friendly reminder.

Edited by Icestar

The various modes of play - SM, HM, NiM - need an update, but it is complicated:

With regard to content designed to be run solo:

SM - Story Mode: the easiest form of this content. Designed so that the player can experience the story without stress of challenging fights.

VM - Veteran Mode: middle ground of this content. Designed to provide a more challenging combat experience

MM - Master Mode: the most difficult form of this content. Designed for players who want to push the limits of their solo combat play

With regard to Flashpoints:

SM - Story/Solo Mode: Designed so that the player can experience the story without stress of challenging fights. Upon entering you are provided with a GSI combat droid (AKA the godbot/jesusbot) that fills the tank and healer roles. You the bot and a companion run through the Flashpoint. Not ALL flashpoints have this mode.

VM - Veteran Mode (formerly known as Tactical Mode): middle ground of this content. Designed for any four characters to complete (although they can be completed with Player Characters replaced by companions). In areas where bosses are encountered you will find "kolto stations" clickable objects that heal the group.

MM - Master Mode (formerly known as Hard/Heroic Mode): the most difficult version of this content. Designed for the "trinity" (tank, heal, 2 DPS). Boss fight areas no longer have the "kolto stations" and bosses have added mechanics to make the fights more challenging.

With regard to Uprisings:

SM - Story Mode: easiest mode of this content. Designed for any four players to complete (although they can be completed with Player Characters replaced by companions). In areas where bosses are encountered you will find "healing stations" run through these objects to heal the group.

VM - Veteran Mode: middle of the road mode of this content. Similarly designed as SM, but the fights are "more difficult"

MM - Master Mode: toughest version of this content. Trinity groups are probably best suited, but still any four characters can group up to do this content.

With regard to Operations:

SM - Story Mode: easiest mode of this content. Most boss fights are simple; with few mechanics that are frequently ignored (although this does put more stress on the healers :p)

VM - Veteran Mode (formerly known as Hard/Heroic Mode): designed for groups of consistent players who want a more challenging experience. More and harder hitting mechanics (instant death is a possibility), shorter enrage timers.

MM - Master Mode (formerly known as Nightmare Mode [NiM]): designed for only the best of the best to complete. Players need to fully understand the characters they play and who they team up with. Optimal character gear is required. "Situational Awareness" (knowing EXACTLY what is going on at any given moment) is required. Fight mechanics are even tougher (instant death is likely and/or if one person dies the encounter becomes exponentially harder.

• 2 weeks later...
When in chat, how do you add an item to sell, or an OP to join into? Is there a code to add in the chat to highlight stuff? I've seen it done many times, but not sure how to do it myself. Anybody know? Thanks! :D

Is there a code to add in the chat to highlight stuff?

I have never used a code to highlight something in game chat (other then caps by mistake).

Perhaps it is a question for the DEVs if it is allowed to do so, and if it is how to do it.

Edited by Icestar

When in chat, how do you add an item to sell, or an OP to join into? Is there a code to add in the chat to highlight stuff? I've seen it done many times, but not sure how to do it myself. Anybody know? Thanks! :D

Be in the chat window, and then shift+click on the item/quest you want to link. That will give the "highlight" you see (the one that lets people click on it and see details).

Be in the chat window, and then shift+click on the item/quest you want to link. That will give the "highlight" you see (the one that lets people click on it and see details).

Yes, ofcourse that is what he/she ment :tran_embarrass:

I have added your answer to the original post. Thank you :tran_grin:

Edited by Icestar

• 4 weeks later...
hi i just wanted to say thanks this list has been very helpful for me been playing for a while and some of the shortened stuff baffles me still so again thanks for this has helped a lot

Thank you for this. Starting the game years after release has been a bit overwhelming.

I am happy to help :tran_smile:

Let me know if there is anything that needs to be updated in the list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is insane. I'm relieved that someone made this list, otherwise I'd be completely lost. It does bring up the question of why do people use acronyms so much on things that would be better stated in full?

Because "LF 2D HM16 KP" is much quicker/easier to type than "Looking for two damage dealers for 16-man Hard Mode Karagga's Palace" : )