leveling my Jedi sentinel

ImmortalLowlife

Ok, I'm trying to understand this advanced class Leveling tree, most of which makes no sense to me. I've started over because my other Jedi kept getting killed even when i was a level or 2 higher than the Enemy with the best armor i could find/afford. While I've figured out some of the mistakes I've made (ex. Consular robes on a knight lol) the tree still boggles me. Originally i just picked stuff at random. My style of play is basically "stim up, shield up, & jump tha biggest dog in tha yard with sabers swinging" my question is should i just focus on one sides skills, or are there certain ones i really need for my play style?

Just a couple recommendations, read the tips to help you gauge the most helpful ones. You will need to pick a main tree, but several low level talents in the other trees will be useful if not essential. The Classes/Jedi Knight/Sentinel forums will help you choose which tree suits you.

Try not jumping the big dog. Send your companion to jump the big dog while you quickly clear the yard. One rule in this game is the weak die first. Watch drops that improve you or your companions, sell the rest.

All companions have a one row hotbar (you only see 4 boxes under their avy, but if you expand it you'll see all 12). The default keybinds are CTRL1 through CTRL =. CTRL 1 is attack, so if you hit that (or click that box) your companion will go attack whomever you have targeted. Edited by Ridickilis

Remember a Jedi Sentinal is a DPS. Not a tank. Do not go for the "Big Dog" first.

While your trying to cut him down all the little guys are still shooting at you.

If you get all the little guys out of the way you only have one left to worry about..

Same applies to PVP . Go for healers and weakest players...Try to leave the tanks alone.

Their job is to distract you while the healers do their job.

Remember a Jedi Sentinal is a DPS. Not a tank. Do not go for the "Big Dog" first.

While your trying to cut him down all the little guys are still shooting at you.

If you get all the little guys out of the way you only have one left to worry about..

Same applies to PVP . Go for healers and weakest players...Try to leave the tanks alone.

Their job is to distract you while the healers do their job.

T7-01 is your tank companion. Have him attack the big dog while you attack the weaker targets. If you die attacking the toughest mob, when you revive they will all still be there... if you attack the lesser ones first, at least some of them will be dead when you rez... ;)

Make sure T7 is in guard stance, too. I'm sorry I don't remember what it's called, but there are two choices, you need the one that says it increases threat.

My first character was a guardian DPS, and I used Kira.... big mistake. Later I leveled a sentinel and used T7 all the way until I got Doc, and even then sometimes after that. It was way better, much more fun.

Hey man it looks like you having trouble with talent trees and what talents to pick. Well I think I can help you by providing some good insight into each tree of our lovely advanced class the sentinel. I've been a sentinel since the beta of this game and I pretty much know this class in and out. Good thing is I have in depth video guides that might help you out and others that are struggling with the Jedi Sentinel so here they are.

Talent Trees

Watchman:

Combat:

Focus:

Hope this helps!

If you're a sub, you can always reset you're skill tree and try something different. No need to scrap your character.

Sub get free respec

Free to Play can still do it for a small feee that increases each time you do it that week (it resets like all weeklies on Tuesday morning) First one might even be free but I am not sure

To respec: Go to the Combat training area on the fleet and there will be a respec NPC.