Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nerf powertech.. AGAIN?? Why?


Skummy's Avatar


Skummy
04.06.2018 , 03:49 AM | #11
Yea pt is pretty strong i dont know why ppl would deny one. One example of pt/vg dps http://parsely.io/parser/operations/...ll/all/live/0/
StarForge/Satele Shan

bluehufsa's Avatar


bluehufsa
04.06.2018 , 04:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadessaWayland View Post
i had the same problem with my ex guild screw them
sorc dps is to low you need ad least 6k to 7k damage -.-

now i try powertech ( pyrotech ) and what you say PT also not needed then i blame BW
to force players to play a class that they dont wanna play
PT is the only melee class i like, too bad there is no updated guide for it, not on dulfy, not on vulkk, not anywhere. So yea, we are doomed.
Btw.. i'm the only PT left in my guild.

Mystiquestion's Avatar


Mystiquestion
04.06.2018 , 04:36 AM | #13
I can totally see why Skank Tanks are a problem. Im not very much into PvP, but i did see the power level of Skank Tanks and think nerfing them is the right call.

That said, i was extremely disappointed that they now make every real tank pay for it, not just PTs. Its like punishing everyone because 10 people in another village abused the system. I cant see how it is fair to make us PvE tanks pay for a mistake we did not invent or contribute to. Well us and really all PvE content, cause it will affect all groups with tanks. Sure, we will get more threat, to compensate a lesser damage output, but bosses still have an enrage timer and weaker groups might feel that nerf first hand.
I feel there should be a more elegant solution to this. I love all my tanks (especially PT), and i hate to see them get weaker for nothing then to fix a mode i never ever use my tanks in and also barely interests me.

So please guys, if you cant fix this issue without this uncalled downside, i would rather let it untouched.

ShadessaWayland's Avatar


ShadessaWayland
04.06.2018 , 06:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mystiquestion View Post
I can totally see why Skank Tanks are a problem. Im not very much into PvP, but i did see the power level of Skank Tanks and think nerfing them is the right call.

That said, i was extremely disappointed that they now make every real tank pay for it, not just PTs. Its like punishing everyone because 10 people in another village abused the system. I cant see how it is fair to make us PvE tanks pay for a mistake we did not invent or contribute to. Well us and really all PvE content, cause it will affect all groups with tanks. Sure, we will get more threat, to compensate a lesser damage output, but bosses still have an enrage timer and weaker groups might feel that nerf first hand.
I feel there should be a more elegant solution to this. I love all my tanks (especially PT), and i hate to see them get weaker for nothing then to fix a mode i never ever use my tanks in and also barely interests me.

So please guys, if you cant fix this issue without this uncalled downside, i would rather let it untouched.
skank tank is a problem but nerfing the dps of a tank class wont solve the problem ad all
tank in tank gear do already low dps

the dev team only need to make a minor adjustment if your tank spec you only can wear tank gear and not dps anymore very easy and you dont need to nerf the dps

and PT/VG can use some beter survival skills so it can be in the same boat as the other 2 tank classes
free 7 days of sub

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
04.06.2018 , 06:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadessaWayland View Post
skank tank is a problem but nerfing the dps of a tank class wont solve the problem ad all
tank in tank gear do already low dps

the dev team only need to make a minor adjustment if your tank spec you only can wear tank gear and not dps anymore very easy and you dont need to nerf the dps

and PT/VG can use some beter survival skills so it can be in the same boat as the other 2 tank classes
Had these developers had the forethought and been proactive, they would have chosen this. But they didn't because they are incapable of doing so. They've chosen the easy way out; destroy tanking damage ability to nullify Skank tanks.

Frankly, I feel for the OP. I've never encountered that on my VG or PT tanks, even in PuGs. For a guild to do that to you...well...I wouldn't be in that guild any longer. People say VG or PT tanks are weak. I say, BS. I solo'd Lucky with my lvl 70 VG tank and killed him. Took an hour, but I killed him. And before someone says, "pics or it did not happen," here you go.

VG/PT tanks are very different than Jugg/Knight tanks in respect to abilities and mitigation. Once someone learns how to use these two classes properly, they are every bit as strong as a Jugg/Knight tank. Sadly, Shadow/Assassin tanks fall behind a bit; however, they are still strong but not at the level of the aforementioned tank classes.

BTW bluehufsa, if you want, I'd love to have you in my guilds. You'll never find yourself rejected because of your class from any FP, Ops, or Heroic, ever.
GM ofRighteous Wrath &Vengeance's Wrath
Kyle Legacy Star Forge Lvl 70 Toons: 25

Free 7 day sub: Referral Code RIP Tanks - 5.9

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
04.06.2018 , 07:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mystiquestion View Post
I can totally see why Skank Tanks are a problem. Im not very much into PvP, but i did see the power level of Skank Tanks and think nerfing them is the right call.

That said, i was extremely disappointed that they now make every real tank pay for it, not just PTs. Its like punishing everyone because 10 people in another village abused the system. I cant see how it is fair to make us PvE tanks pay for a mistake we did not invent or contribute to. Well us and really all PvE content, cause it will affect all groups with tanks. Sure, we will get more threat, to compensate a lesser damage output, but bosses still have an enrage timer and weaker groups might feel that nerf first hand.
I feel there should be a more elegant solution to this. I love all my tanks (especially PT), and i hate to see them get weaker for nothing then to fix a mode i never ever use my tanks in and also barely interests me.

So please guys, if you cant fix this issue without this uncalled downside, i would rather let it untouched.
Skanktank is a good substitute to being full tank mode, but you are not doing as much dps as a solid dps player and you still canít dish out the dps to kill a halfway decent healer.

Skanktank is only good because full tank is so weak. The solution would be to make full tank more enticing by fixing the issue with useless stats in pvp. Also guard and protection is usable by dps builds so there is no reason to play full tank

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
04.06.2018 , 07:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
NO ONE wants a PT in OPS or FP because we are WEAK, extremely weak. I've had enough! Lvl 70 PT with 242 gear and i'm refused in every group finder activity. Damned be the stupid pvp, it is ruining this game.
Pvp is not the problem here. It's the developers failing to understand the problem and putting out a proper solution. The nerf they are doing hurts pve without fixing the pvp issue at all. Once again they failed to listen to feedback from the players who know the game inside and out. Had they listened to their players and used common sense, they could have fixed the pvp issue with skanks without a damage nerf and hurting pve tanks.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
04.06.2018 , 09:11 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mystiquestion View Post
I can totally see why Skank Tanks are a problem. Im not very much into PvP, but i did see the power level of Skank Tanks and think nerfing them is the right call.

That said, i was extremely disappointed that they now make every real tank pay for it, not just PTs. Its like punishing everyone because 10 people in another village abused the system. I cant see how it is fair to make us PvE tanks pay for a mistake we did not invent or contribute to. Well us and really all PvE content, cause it will affect all groups with tanks. Sure, we will get more threat, to compensate a lesser damage output, but bosses still have an enrage timer and weaker groups might feel that nerf first hand.
I feel there should be a more elegant solution to this. I love all my tanks (especially PT), and i hate to see them get weaker for nothing then to fix a mode i never ever use my tanks in and also barely interests me.

So please guys, if you cant fix this issue without this uncalled downside, i would rather let it untouched.
Actually they did nothing to fix skank tanking. In fact these changes make it the only viable build for tanks since they utterly ripped tank disciplines apart.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

FlyXan's Avatar


FlyXan
04.07.2018 , 04:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilzeus View Post
You can do nightmare (master) ops with PT/Vanguard and Sorc/Sage dps, you just need to know what you are doing. All the classes are perfectly viable for any sm/hm content at the moment. If people in your guild are refusing you group finder ops for playing some specific class find a better guild
Yeah, this is true but let's be honest: if you want to do an 8m operation and you have to choose between a PT and a sin tank, a sniper and a sorc dps (assuming the players are at the same skill level), which ones would you pick as an ops leader?
Sins can ignore quite a lot of mechanics, PTs have to eat all of them (and pray to the rng god while doing that). Sorcs are good enough to carry their own weights but they surely won't be able to make up for any missing dps, whereas snipers can achieve very high numbers without breaking a sweat.

ShadessaWayland's Avatar


ShadessaWayland
04.07.2018 , 07:39 AM | #20
i was thinking
put merc and PT together and see the difrent sample arsenal vs pyrotech
in a fight with ea other am sure merc will win

as you know bw give merc some new skills second shield more healing true kolto
and more that can give merc healing back all nice becouse in old days merc was weak in defence all know this

but why did BW not give PT the same new skills
as you know PT pyroteck dont have any good defence skills AP is a bit beter

ad least they give us now flame suit from 15% to 30 % its nice but if thats ok i dont think so
so what do you guys think ??

need PT the same skills as merc ??
free 7 days of sub