Nightmare Pilgrim Question

Hi All,

My guild is attempting 16man Nightmare Pilgrim tonight, and I went to check out where he is located before we attempted him. The "console" is not usable in an operation set to various difficulties.

Does this mean he has been killed, or am I doing something wrong. I was under the impression that he can be summoned numerous times but players/guilds have a separate lockout on the boss. Do I need to have the alpha wave inhibitor buff on me?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

The Nightmare Pilgrim can be located by either using the [VEHICLE] quest that requires him to be killed or the [WEEKLY] The Nightmare Pilgrim quest. Both track the Nightmare Pilgrim's location, which is in the Gormak Lands near the middle of the map. If you haven't discovered his location before, it is now a hexagonal "undiscovered" portion of the Gormak Lands that you can notice on the local map. He is summoned by activating an item, so you will not see the Nightmare Pilgrim until you activate him.

I am not sure if there's a respawn timer for the item that summons him should a group manage to kill him.

Those that kill the Nightmare Pilgrim are locked out from killing/looting for five days.

An Alpha Wave Inhibitor is required to survive more than six seconds against the Nightmare Pilgrim. The buff lasts for four hours and persists through death.

Other tips:

Read any decent walkthrough on the Nightmare Pilgrim before attacking him.

Bring 16 level 50 players, yet no more than that. The Nightmare Pilgrim has an anti-zerg mechanic where 17+ players attacking him leads to a massive damage attack that can quickly cause a wipe. I am not sure how this mechanic works, whether it only counts those in a group or not. The most reasonable way to prevent accidental wipes or griefing from outsiders joining the fight would be to make anyone outside the group that summoned the Nightmare Pilgrim unable to damage him or the Thing. I haven't managed to test any of this, though.

Having three tanks looks like the recommended number to bring. Only enough heals to keep everyone alive is required. The rest *must* be DPS. Everyone must be well geared (at least full Columi and some Rakata, for example. Full Rakata to be comfortable).

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of the Nightmare Pilgrim Boss not spawning, we have escalated this issue to the appropriate department and will be closing this current thread. Thank You!