What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

DahrenJex

The biggest failure EVER:

Keep in mind that I knew NOTHING about playing this game. I'm in FPs with some guildies, and they tell me to use my interrupt. They even tell me that it's Force Kick. So fine, I can do that.

I say, "When?" They say, "When he casts."

So I can figure out that "casting" means activating an ability, so I look for special effects, like lighting bolts or plasma shots raining down on us. And I failed to interrupt Malgus, bu we survive since someone else has an interrupt.

We go on about playing, doing a few FPs here and there. Once I asked if I should just spam Force Kick, and get the same answer, "when he casts."

Then 1.2 comes out, and we get the Interface Editor, and I see "Target Cast Bar." You see where this is going? When I told my guildies, one simply said, "oh, god." :o

One of the worst failures I've seen on another player, was the guy who said it was his first time in a HM since getting all orange gear. But he kept dying, so I finally sneaked a peek, and he was in all green gear! But his armor was white with orange trim, so he evidently thought "orange gear" meant the color. :eek:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest failure EVER:

Keep in mind that I knew NOTHING about playing this game. I'm in FPs with some guildies, and they tell me to use my interrupt. They even tell me that it's Force Kick. So fine, I can do that.

I say, "When?" They say, "When he casts."

So I can figure out that "casting" means activating an ability, so I look for special effects, like lighting bolts or plasma shots raining down on us. And I failed to interrupt Malgus, bu we survive since someone else has an interrupt.

We go on about playing, doing a few FPs here and there. Once I asked if I should just spam Force Kick, and get the same answer, "when he casts."

Then 1.2 comes out, and we get the Interface Editor, and I see "Target Cast Bar." You see where this is going? When I told my guildies, one simply said, "oh, god." :o

^ This! I was having a hell of a time with the end of the knight story until someone told be about this, and was thinking that other people were just that good at telling one effect from another so they knew when to interrupt.

Second biggest failure...elevators. If there's a way to fall down an elevator shaft, I will.

^ This! I was having a hell of a time with the end of the knight story until someone told be about this, and was thinking that other people were just that good at telling one effect from another so they knew when to interrupt.

Second biggest failure...elevators. If there's a way to fall down an elevator shaft, I will.

Like when you go to get on an elevator just as it starts to descend and you're left helplessly hovering over it until it - and you - hit bottom? Yeah, that'd be me, too.

I also learned the other day that you can step off the platform near the taxi in the Old Galactic Market of Coruscant and not fall until you turn around and try to get back onto it.

Edited by DahrenJex

During a Flashpoint on my Sorc, I attempted to use overload to knock a patrolling Elite droid over the edge. This worked perfectly fine...

Unfortunately, both the tank and the other dps performed Force Leap at the droid at the same time. The droid was already over the edge when they arrived, sending all three to a gooey high-altitude death. :t_eek:

They said they were both laughing their butts off over it, though, so all was good. :t_biggrin:

That. Would be. Epic. :sul_smile:

Was on my Marauder, which is my very first character, and was traveling across Dune Sea when I found the Interesting-Looking Skull or w/e it's called. Thinking it's a lore object, I click on it... And die right away. Heck, I didn't even see WHAT killed me.

So I went adcfgxeyvhhtgxgbnigyhvd and died, got back up, scratched my head... Then clicked it again :D

• 4 weeks later...
Just had another moment the other evening. My main is a Merc, I've been playing since the game came out. If you've ever been on a Bounty Hunter ship, you see they have a little prison cell beside the stairs. Well, I never actually attempted to walk into it, it's a force field right? I walked away from my comp for a bit, and my 10 yo. son is standing at my comp when I come back and he's watching me. I look at my monitor and see I'm in the cell. I start laughing and yelled to my husband that our son imprisoned me and I didn't know how to get out. I asked him how he put me in there because I'm not seeing any buttons or levers to interact with, and while he's laughing his little butt off at me, he says he just walked in :eek::o Edited by beattlebilly

One problem I have with TOr and many newer mmo's, you longer feel like your toon lives in the world, just playing through it, mmo's are not ment to be played like a single player game they are made to have a toon that grows with the game and the community, there need to be many activities outside of combat, so your toon has a feeling of purpose in the world, most new mmo's fail at this not just ToR /sigh Edited by kevlarto

My biggest fail was on Tatooine, founding that some items rewarded codex entries (Lore Objects), a friend and I found those glowing bones in the middle of Dune Sea, click on it without reading what it was, and we both were dead a couple of seconds later. Months later learned that it was the spawning point for the world boss. Edited by malangus
typos

I had my epiphany concerning "slightly blue-glowing objects are not always good" on Taris. Klick the dead Jedi, wham, dead. But I found it slightly amusing to watch the level 40-something on Voss summon the nightmare pilgrim while we waited for our raid to assemble. Ok, that wasn't nice, but.... :D

But my personal, greatest fail was on Balmorra. SWTOR is my first MMO, so I had no idea what I was doing and attempted to do a H4 together with another player, he wrote something about cc this, cc that and then this and that, and I didn't understand a word of it and just jumped in, and yeah, well.... didn't end in glorious victory.

I gave up on that quest and it took me until VOSS to discover what CC is. And I was wondering why I died so frequently! The fact that it took up until level 36 or so until I discovered my protective bubble might have contributed to that.

Gonna rat out my wife. She's just started playin SWTOR with me and hasn't run into many of the game's fine points yet. Helping me run a second account character around she discovered the pleasure having a personal speeder can bring. Feverishly playing until she leveled enough to get her own speeder on her character she will now pull it out to cross the street. Well as happens to us all eventually a mob attacks her and blows her bike. Being the butt that I am I immediately say Oh no! Your bike is permanently destroyed now! Fortunately I immediately let her know I was just kidding or I might still be sleeping on the couch!

Next unaware that her speeder, which does indeed float off the ground, is unable to fly like a taxi she gracefully flew right off the taxi point on Nar Shadda and died far far below.

I don't have the time to go into all of my own epic fail moments but, I too have fallen to the Taris boss after clicking on the dead Jedi. D'oh!

Heh, that reminds me of a world safety "fail".

Republic fleet, by GTN. While running along on speeder, going through crafting/mission stuff sending companions out, figure I'm safe because railing will stop you from falling over...

Well, apparently there's a light post or something at the corner of the railing, (don't remember exactly what it is at the moment) where if you hit it at just the right angle, it'll boost you up into the air just enough that you can then sail right over the railing...

Hah! Did something like that, intentionally, back at the beginning. I'm always looking to cut corners and get to my destination as fast as I can. This time i figured i would just jump down to the Hangar and my ship instead of taking the extra minute to go through the elevators at the center of the station.

Other than that- and i still do this occasionally, I'll be clicking like crazy at the Smuggler airlock cursing about server lag... then realize I'm playing my Shadow instead. Why won't this door let me in????

Next unaware that her speeder, which does indeed float off the ground, is unable to fly like a taxi she gracefully flew right off the taxi point on Nar Shadda and died far far below.

Rinse and repeat on the couch detail for that one by any chance? :p