Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

With the 5.8a Conquest changes out the door, let’s talk about what we have planned for 5.9. We hope to address concerns over the viability of completing Conquests on alts, points for crafting, and ability to run Operations more frequently. We are going to address this through a few different changes:

• Increasing points gains for Objectives for repeatable and daily repeatable Objectives.
  • An additional buff for GSF, Warzone, and Flashpoint Participation Objectives.
    • The “Play a Flashpoint” Objective is being changed to “Play a Flashpoint or Uprising.”

[*]The “Kill X Enemies” Daily Objective will now be split into three Objectives. Kill 50 / 100 / 150. Additionally, progress on this Objective will not reset everyday (if you killed 40 enemies, it won’t reset back to 0).

[*]We are going to introduce a new repeatable Daily Objective for completing 3 and 5 Activity Finder Activities (FP, Op, WZ, GSF, Uprising).

[*]We are introducing a new Daily Repeatable Objective to “Defeat the Final Boss in an Operation.”

[*]We are introducing a new repeatable Objective for “Craft 50 items."

• This Objective gives another path for crafters to earn points and is also a mechanism for characters of any level to participate. We will monitor the number of items required to craft closely and will make changes in the future if it is too high, or too low.

The goal of these changes is that if you complete the bigger value one-time Objectives on a given character, you have a lot more ability to earn points via repeatable Objectives. Not only are there more Objectives to work towards, they are worth more points as well. One of our goals is to encourage that you play multiple types of content and so that will always remain the most optimal path to Conquest points. However, these changes will allow a player to more easily get their Conquest points even if they just play one type of content on repeat.

As always, keep your feedback coming! We will continue to monitor the state of Conquests and make changes as needed. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Detailed breakdown of changes:

Each Objective falls into one of three categories: Repeatable, Daily Repeatable, and One-time. Inside of each category, there are three point tiers: low, medium and high. Here are the new values (these are base values, without including Stronghold bonus).

Repeatable

• Low is now 120, up from 85
  • Medium is now 180, up from 130
  • High is now 290, up from 205

Daily

• Low is now 400, up from 330
  • Medium is now 600, up from 500
  • High is now 825, up from 750

Repeatable Objective Changes

• Complete a Warzone Objective is now worth 180, up from 85
  • Complete a GSF Match Objective is now worth 180, up from 85
  • Complete a FP or Uprising is now worth 290, up from 130

New Objectives

• The “Kill 50 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 400 points
  • The “Kill 100 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 600 points
  • The “Kill 150 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Complete 3 Activity Finder Activities” Daily Objective will be worth 400 points
  • The “Complete 5 Activity Finder Activities” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Kill the Final Boss of an Operation” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Craft 50 Items” Repeatable Objective will be worth 120 points

PS - Usual disclaimer that these could change prior to 5.9, but I will let you know of any updates I hear.

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily per legacy or daily per toon? Could you please address the question anyone with an alt actually cares about?

And if the answer is per legacy can you just go back to the drawing board, because then you still don't get it.

Edited by Helgram

What about the weekies that used to be able to be done with your alts. Those you can't do anymore.

And please fix Makeb. It has been quite some time that the Makeb stage weekly was in the game but yet the conquest still states that and if you do the weekly that we have now it doesn't work for the conquest. This has been long pass time to be fixed.

Edited by casirabit

• The “Play a Flashpoint” Objective is being changed to “Play a Flashpoint or Uprising.”

[*]The “Kill X Enemies” Daily Objective will now be split into three Objectives. Kill 50 / 100 / 150. Additionally, progress on this Objective will not reset everyday (if you killed 40 enemies, it won’t reset back to 0).

[*]We are going to introduce a new repeatable Daily Objective for completing 3 and 5 Activity Finder Activities (FP, Op, WZ, GSF, Uprising).

[*]We are introducing a new Daily Repeatable Objective to “Defeat the Final Boss in an Operation.”

• This Objective gives another path for crafters to earn points and is also a mechanism for characters of any level to participate. We will monitor the number of items required to craft closely and will make changes in the future if it is too high, or too low.

The goal of these changes is that if you complete the bigger value one-time Objectives on a given character, you have a lot more ability to earn points via repeatable Objectives. Not only are there more Objectives to work towards, they are worth more points as well.

Are these new objectives going to all be a part of every conquest? If so, that seems at odds with your stated goal of fixing how homogenized the conquests were pre-5.8.

• Objectives and their points – Conquests are meant to be an activity that someone can work on throughout the week as they play the game. Previously, Conquests were very homogenized in that there was very little diversity among each week. We used this opportunity to spread out what objectives were available in each Conquest.
Edited by DarthDymond

So rather than just allowing us to do these PER CHARACTER, you're sticking to your once per Legacy stance and just throwing more points at us...until you fix the alt issue Eric, this is an utter waste of your time. Stop pretending to fix it when you aren't.

One time objectives are BAD...

Daily per legacy or daily per toon? Could you please address the question anyone with an alt actually cares about?

^ This.

This is the issue they are ignoring at their peril.

Today is a Bank Holiday here in the UK, no work, and I haven't even logged into SWTOR.

Did just update LOTRO and sub for 6 months though - because guess what, they've actually added new content.

All The Best

Until all these objectives are PER TOON per day instead of per legacy THE CHANGES ARE TO LITTLE TO LATE. Either fix it all and properly or don't pretend to try at all. Edited by RPMSKMC
spelling

Hey folks,

With the 5.8a Conquest changes out the door, let’s talk about what we have planned for 5.9. We hope to address concerns over the viability of completing Conquests on alts, points for crafting, and ability to run Operations more frequently. We are going to address this through a few different changes:

• Increasing points gains for Objectives for repeatable and daily repeatable Objectives.

The goal of these changes is that if you complete the bigger value one-time Objectives on a given character, you have a lot more ability to earn points via repeatable Objectives. Not only are there more Objectives to work towards, they are worth more points as well. One of our goals is to encourage that you play multiple types of content and so that will always remain the most optimal path to Conquest points. However, these changes will allow a player to more easily get their Conquest points even if they just play one type of content on repeat.

As always, keep your feedback coming! We will continue to monitor the state of Conquests and make changes as needed. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Detailed breakdown of changes:

Each Objective falls into one of three categories: Repeatable, Daily Repeatable, and One-time. Inside of each category, there are three point tiers: low, medium and high. Here are the new values (these are base values, without including Stronghold bonus).

Repeatable

• Low is now 120, up from 85
  • Medium is now 180, up from 130
  • High is now 290, up from 205

Daily

• Low is now 400, up from 330
  • Medium is now 600, up from 500
  • High is now 825, up from 750

Repeatable Objective Changes

• Complete a Warzone Objective is now worth 180, up from 85
  • Complete a GSF Match Objective is now worth 180, up from 85
  • Complete a FP or Uprising is now worth 290, up from 130

New Objectives

• The “Kill 50 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 400 points
  • The “Kill 100 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 600 points
  • The “Kill 150 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Complete 3 Activity Finder Activities” Daily Objective will be worth 400 points
  • The “Complete 5 Activity Finder Activities” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Kill the Final Boss of an Operation” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Craft 50 Items” Repeatable Objective will be worth 120 points

PS - Usual disclaimer that these could change prior to 5.9, but I will let you know of any updates I hear.

This is encouraging.

Just glancing over this quickly, it seems you guys are addressing concerns and planning to implement some new objectives which will not only bolster conquest but encourage players to participate more in PVP as well as FPs.

It looks fairly decent on paper, here's to hoping it pans out successfully in the game. Thank you for taking so much feedback as well as criticism and managing it all into what seems to be a genuine attempt to make things better.

• Dev Post
are the repeatable and daily repeatable objectives per toon? or per legacy?

The Conquest system is based around Legacy, so it looks like this:

• Repeatable - Infinitely repeatable on anyone
  • Daily Repeatable - Once per day, per Legacy
  • One-time - Can be completed one time, per Legacy, per Conquest

Eric, can we get a comment on the changes to the costs of conquest schematics, including the dark project change that has made our exotic isotope stabilizers worthless for conquest? (Materials that people may have obtained from jawa junk from cartel packs, I hasten to add.)

The biggest problem I'm running into for my alts is that so much is once per legacy per day. Honestly, if you just make more things once per character per day it will solve a lot of the issues. If you feel strongly that there should be a once per legacy gate then only a few of the objectives should be gated behind it. That's what's killing it for the alts. I get that you want people to try different parts of the game, but if you try to strong arm people into playing aspects of the game that they don't enjoy all you will end up doing is chasing players away. And I'm saying this as someone who does play a lot of different stuff.

I will have hit my personal goal with 3 toons by tomorrow. It would have been today were it not for the fact that the Makeb staged weeklies can't actually be done anymore, or if you could actually do all 10 Iokath mission in one day. Still, I had to sit down, look at the objectives, figure out which ones were attainable for me, and then divide that up among as many toons as I could. Then I had to grind that and had to put all of the other things I enjoy doing on hold. So, it made the game feel more like a job than a leisure activity.

That being said, if more of the repeatables are once per character than the changes should help the process a lot, at least for me. I can't speak for others. Whether my guild is able to hit 200,000 is another story, one we won't know until these changes are implemented. Until then, we just aren't going to be getting much help opening up our ship.

Edited by DuchessKristania

It seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that this massive Conquest revamp didn't do more to address the fundamental tension between having per-character point goals built on per-Legacy objectives.

IMHO, that's always felt a little. . . schizophrenic. :confused:

Edited by DarthDymond

How is the conquest system based around legacy? It is restricted around legacy in this new system that you introduced in 5.8, but how is it based around legacy otherwise? It never has been before. This is utterly confusing.

As many have stated, these restrictions mean that you cannot even repeat objectives on both factions in a single day. Why are you limiting the number of characters that we can ever hope to participate in conquest with and doubling down on the alt-unfriendly system that you introduced in 5.8?

This is probably the biggest flaw with the new system, the one most of us have serious complaints about, and fixing this one thing sees your Conquest system greatly improved. Not fixing it makes all the work you are doing for 5.9 pretty meaningless in the big picture, and it doesn't have to be that way.

Once per legacy per WEEK is fine, for a few of your objectives. But that should be the ONLY thing that is restricted to once per legacy. Daily objectives force us to play a SINGLE CHARACTER per day. Why are you encouraging us to play the game less? It makes no sense.

So frustrating!

Edited by PennyAnn

I'm not one who even does much conquest, but I do rolls tons and tons of alts. This just seems needlessly punishing to altoholics on it face. I"m always open to being shown what I'm missing (and admit it could be something obvious), but I'm curious to know what "problem" this is addressing. What data indicates that people wanted this, or that this would make the game better? Too much play and activity???

Daily repeatable shouldn't be per legacy....this doesn't help playing Alts. Anything per legacy doesn't help alts, as many others have stated do it per character. Clearly not listening.

IF Conquest was based on Legacy then completing objectives would apply points to all characters in a legacy NOT to only one they were completed on. Since it is faintly possible (rarely probable) to cap personal conquest objectives on multiple characters your above statement does not hold water.

Properly put "The Conquest system is based around the way we want you to play ..."

I'm going to be a bad person and make assumptions based on what I read with no more detail. Hence the information request and attempt to understand.

Please, explain in the stream with SWTORCentral, how this helps alts. The big issue, as was raised, is that most are once per legacy each day. I mean, I can kind of see it. If you complete your personal goal on one toon, there's really no point in continuing on that one character. Use alts to continue, hence the 50/100/150 missions and the multiple crafting missions. And a daily mission to complete wz, op, gsf, etc would be useful, again if there is no point in continuing on one toon.

However, this still doesn't address doing them on multiple alts if that is not the case (being that it's not pointless to continue on one toon). And I refer to it addressing the "once per legacy per day" issue.

This is a partial step in the right direction, more tasks is cooler as it's more options. And it's true, that if you complete your personal on one toon, and want to switch, you can and get it on another while still completing the conquest mission.

I know I'm being a broken record, but the "once per legacy per day" is really the biggest problem. Emphasis on the "ONCE" part. HUGE emphasis. Making it once per toon, and not LEGACY, will have a huge improvement impact.

Maybe we're too dense to see the subtlety and how it does work. And I know games should really give us a window to take a break and step away for a while. I hope for an explanation on this during the stream.

IF Conquest was based on Legacy then completing objectives would apply points to all characters in a legacy NOT to only one they were completed on. Since it is faintly possible (rarely probable) to cap personal conquest objectives on multiple characters your above statement does not hold water.

^ This.

IF Conquest is "based on Legacy" then Points earned should be applied to ALL Toons on that Legacy.

As they are not we MUST conclude that Conquest is Toon Based.

And once we conclude that the only logical follow on is that Per Legacy Lockouts are an error.

All The Best

Thank you for the clarity on that.

Query: Why are Daily Repeatables once per day, per *legacy*, rather than per toon?

The reason I ask, is because it makes sense for the one-time to be per legacy. But the daily does not. Even if it were restricted to five or ten toons, it would still make more sense than Legacy only. And this is what we have the hardest time understanding.

^ This.

IF Conquest is "based on Legacy" then Points earned should be applied to ALL Toons on that Legacy.

As they are not we MUST conclude that Conquest is Toon Based.

And once we conclude that the only logical follow on is that Per Legacy Lockouts are an error.

All The Best

+1 - score one for logic!

Daily repeatable shouldn't be per legacy....this doesn't help playing Alts. Anything per legacy doesn't help alts, as many others have stated do it per character. Clearly not listening.

Yeah this is a good point. But let's be clear in communicating this point. People (including me) need to remove the emotional irrational responses and be clear concise in what still needs pounded out before 5.9.

You conquest players understand this part more than anyone and need to keep expressing why the repeatables should not be legacy restricted.

I also do not understand why it is restricted to legacy when players all have characters on both pub and imp teams. It seems you are forced to only advance the goals of one side effectively and not given the opportunity to reap equal rewards for your effort to both imps and pub guilds that one player may be part of.

5.9 can make some massive improvements, it is headed in the right direction. Keep giving your input, people. Eric has made it clear these changes are not set in stone and they are still open to improving upon these changes scheduled for 5.9.