A personal appeal to my fellow players to log into PTS when it's up

xordevoreaux

In addition to the Alderaan Stronghold and story update in 6.1, there are also a host of class changes coming. Below you will find a list of the Class changes you will find in our next PTS build that are planned for 6.1 later this week. The list includes changes to classes and any of their items as well. Dev notes will be in italics below for each change to give some context.

Best time to kavetch (cough) add insight about class changes is while they're still being updated. Don't complain after 6.1 comes out if you didn't take the time while the test server was out and EA was in a position to make updates, otherwise you'll be stuck for however many 6.1.x releases waiting for your class to get fixed.

Edit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9813585#edit9813585

Edited by xordevoreaux

Best time to kavetch (cough) add insight about class changes is while they're still being updated. Don't complain after 6.1 comes out if you didn't take the time while the test server was out and EA was in a position to make updates, otherwise you'll be stuck for however many 6.1.x releases waiting for your class to get fixed.

Where can I see this post in its entirety, with the list of planned changes mentioned in your post?

I was on the pts testing things before 6.0 dropped.

Everything the pts players found and pointed out as problematic made it live.

What is the point of wasting time on the PTS instead of in the live game? The PTS is for bug testing, that's all.

Giving up your time testing balance issues and gameplay on the pts is pointless.

I was on the pts testing things before 6.0 dropped.

Everything the pts players found and pointed out as problematic made it live.

What is the point of wasting time on the PTS instead of in the live game? The PTS is for bug testing, that's all.

Giving up your time testing balance issues and gameplay on the pts is pointless.

Indeed.

I stopped testing years ago on other games simply because our opinions don't mean squat. They're going to go through with the changes regardless of the player feedback. SWTOR's 6.0 is the perfect example. Only reason I log into the PTS here is to check out the new content before it's released.

Edited by Pirana

Edit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9813585#edit9813585

Yeah cause they really listen to player feedback from the PTS. I mean they do sometimes, but in the end it's on them to make a good game that's enjoyable for alll players and they don't pay us to do their testing so I find this suggestion that it's our fault if we don't go to the PTS rather a complete load of bollocks.

Not a chance.

Not only do we not get paid four wasting our time there, we are also wasting our time there. They dont listen to anything.

Well, this is not just Bioware issue though.

I was in the last two closed PTS trials of ESO, and nothing we said there made any difference either.

And that is because by the time a build gets to the PTS it is, effectively (barring a game-breaking bug), a finished package, ready to go live.

The time and money invested in getting a build to the PTS can't simply be dumped just because the paying customer isn't happy.

The happiness of the Corporate Bean Counters is infinitely more important than the happiness of the paying customer.

And Bioware knows it can keep on getting away with that because... ...Star Wars.

As long as paying customers keep on paying for any old rubbish, companies will keep on pumping any old rubbish out the door.

The ONLY way to change that embedded behaviour is to NOT PAY.

Don't believe me?

How long did it take for the "higher ups" to intervene after Ben Irving's "we don't care what you think, we think RNG is exciting" moment led to tens of thousands of players unsubbing, as the Livestream was still running?

Less than 48 Hours.

The player of the community have already demonstrated we have the power to force Bioware, and even EA, to make changes. That is why Ben was "promoted sideways" and that was why we got Keith as a replacement.

We can force change again, but only if enough of us are willing to unsub and not play for a couple of billing cycles.

People who complain and still sub are the ones who really hold the blame here; they are the ones enabling Bioware to continue treating us like poodoo.

All The Best

I can’t see the point in testing. Last time we spent weeks/months and they hardly listened to a word regarding crafting.

We still have bugs from before 6.0 launched and a multitude more since then and they won’t communicate with us about them.

So as sad as it is, I think doing any testing on the pts is pointless and worthless. They will do what they do every other time and pick and choose what to fix and push out what they want and the rest can go to hell.

As much as I’d like a new strong hold, I really think all their attention should be to fix 6.0 first. That should be their number one pri because lack of quality has just as much affect on player enjoyment as new stuff.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

PTS forums, first page, can't miss it.

You gotta love this part Musco wrote about putting feed back in his other thread and then he closes the thread so you can’t. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9813586#edit9813586

I LMAO at that one. At least he’s being honest in his intentions this time by demonstrating first hand they don’t actually want our feed back.

01.15.2020 , 04:33 PM | #1

Hey folks,

Our plan right now is to bring PTS by the end of the week (assuming everything stays on track). Here are the changes you will see to the Alderaan Stronghold based on your feedback:

A variety of bug fixes throughout including issues such as expansion doors not opening after purchase.

Made a number of changes throughout the Stronghold to hook quantity and placement.

Hooks have been added to the Ancient Ruins area outside.

Taxis will now be Thrantas!

Known issues: The map for the Alderaan Stronghold and the taxis are not functioning properly.

Please use this thread to share your thought on the new updates to the Alderaan Stronghold. Thanks all.

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Asking for feed back is lip service as usual. At least we know they don’t want it this time because they’ve already locked the thread ;)

Not falling for it this time when he still wont reply to the bug thread in the bug forum section since November after asking for feed back and then going afk. The one he started on the 18th November and hasn’t had the curtesy to come back and tell us if they have enough feed back and when it will be fixed. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9794040#post9794040

Why should we keep wasting out time when he can’t even communicate when its important? He only communicates when he wants something and not when we need something fixed in the actual live game people are “trying” to play but it’s bugged.

There are still people who can’t progress their main character since 6.0 launched because Jakarro bugs out. There are also many other bugs beside the gearing and air vents ones I’ve mentioned. You only need to look in the bugs section and some really are game breaking.

Why aren’t these being fixed as a priority because they are obviously game breaking for some people. How much more feed back do they need? When will they tell us enough is enough and fix it. Or are we supposed to guess. At the moment I think we are mostly wasting our time when they ask for feed back because it’s not two way communication.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You gotta love this part Musco wrote about putting feed back in his other thread and then he closes the thread so you can’t. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9813586#edit9813586

I LMAO at that one. At least he’s being honest in his intentions this time by demonstrating first hand they don’t actually want our feed back.

Asking for feed back is lip service as usual. At least we know they don’t want it this time because they’ve already locked the thread ;)

Not falling for it this time when he still wont reply to the bug thread in the bug forum section since November after asking for feed back and then going afk. The one he started on the 18th November and hasn’t had the curtesy to come back and tell us if they have enough feed back and when it will be fixed. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9794040#post9794040

Why should we keep wasting out time when he can’t even communicate when its important? He only communicates when he wants something and not when we need something fixed in the actual live game people are “trying” to play but it’s bugged.

There are still people who can’t progress their main character since 6.0 launched because Jakarro bugs out. There are also many other bugs beside the gearing and air vents ones I’ve mentioned. You only need to look in the bugs section and some really are game breaking.

Why aren’t these being fixed as a priority because they are obviously game breaking for some people. How much more feed back do they need? When will they tell us enough is enough and fix it. Or are we supposed to guess. At the moment I think we are mostly wasting our time when they ask for feed back because it’s not two way communication.

I really don't have a lot of time … but here's the old mans $.02 worth … ( and I'm quite certain that $.02 … is ALL that my opinion is worth ) … to any one. That includes the people to whom it should mean a lot more...

catch my drift ?

;)

Well, this is not just Bioware issue though.

I was in the last two closed PTS trials of ESO, and nothing we said there made any difference either.

And that is because by the time a build gets to the PTS it is, effectively (barring a game-breaking bug), a finished package, ready to go live.

The time and money invested in getting a build to the PTS can't simply be dumped just because the paying customer isn't happy.

The happiness of the Corporate Bean Counters is infinitely more important than the happiness of the paying customer.

And Bioware knows it can keep on getting away with that because... ...Star Wars.

As long as paying customers keep on paying for any old rubbish, companies will keep on pumping any old rubbish out the door.

The ONLY way to change that embedded behaviour is to NOT PAY.

Don't believe me?

How long did it take for the "higher ups" to intervene after Ben Irving's "we don't care what you think, we think RNG is exciting" moment led to tens of thousands of players unsubbing, as the Livestream was still running?

Less than 48 Hours.

The player of the community have already demonstrated we have the power to force Bioware, and even EA, to make changes. That is why Ben was "promoted sideways" and that was why we got Keith as a replacement.

We can force change again, but only if enough of us are willing to unsub and not play for a couple of billing cycles.

People who complain and still sub are the ones who really hold the blame here; they are the ones enabling Bioware to continue treating us like poodoo.

All The Best

I understand your grief... but IMO... even if 50% dropped out … that would not change too much. It MIGHT step up a time table or two … but that's about it !

Yes .. I still believe that there are always possibilities. We just have to plot a proper course to make the best of things. And yes.. sometimes take the necessary steps to enjoy a game.

IMO... It's really disappointing when an entire industry ignores it's clientele.

Feed back... I believe that adequate proof is available for the general public to review and come to a solid reasonable conclusion without being rude.

COMMUNICATION

[kəˌmyo͞onəˈkāSH(ə)n]

NOUN

the imparting or exchanging of information or news.

synonyms:

transmission · imparting · conveying · reporting · presenting · passing on ·

Based on this definition... I would suppose that the interpretation of said definition is limited to "imparting" …

IMPART

[imˈpärt]

VERB

imparting (present participle)

make (information) known; communicate.

synonyms:

communicate · pass on · convey · transmit · relay · relate · recount · set forth · present · tell · make known · make public · go public with · report · announce · proclaim · [more]

FEEDBACK

[ˈfēdˌbak]

NOUN

information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement.

synonyms:

response · answer · reply · rejoinder · retort · riposte · comeback · clapback

Indeed... what we could ALL use is this:

LISTEN

[ˈlis(ə)n]

VERB

give one's attention to a sound.

"evidently he was not listening" · [more]

synonyms:

hear · pay attention · be attentive · attend · concentrate on · concentrate on hearing · give ear to · lend an ear to · hang on someone's words · keep one's ears open · ***** up one's ears · be all ears · pin back one's ears · get a load of · tune in · hark · hearken

Yeah... I know .. I already hear it coming... but I had to have a "little fun" with this !!

;)

apart from checking the changes made to the Alderaan SH (there they seemed to have listened) and giving feedback about the SH, I won't bother testing any balance changes - there they won't listen - as usual

I was wondering about the (locked) thread Eric made about the 2nd PTS phase - but in dubio pro reo: maybe it will open once the PTS goes live...

Edited by Dekibra

I was wondering about the (locked) thread Eric made about the 2nd PTS phase - but in dubio pro reo: maybe it will open once the PTS goes live...

That was my thought as well. No reason for the devs to have to wade through any more stray vicious rants than the ton they'll get when testing starts.

As far as the attitude people have displayed toward my idea, while disenchanting, is understandable.

Just a shame we've reached that point.

And here I am, I imagine to some, having painted myself in this thread as the ever-hopeful milquetoast white knight, hoping that the devs will absorb people's criticisms here and think twice about using us just as their scrub team for finding bugs and reflect on what everyone has said.

Edited by xordevoreaux

That was my thought as well. No reason for the devs to have to wade through any more stray vicious rants than the ton they'll get when testing starts.

As far as the attitude people have displayed toward my idea, while disenchanting, is understandable.

And here I am, I imagine to some, having painted myself in this thread as the ever-hopeful milquetoast white knight, hoping that the devs will absorb people's criticisms here and think twice about using us just as their scrub team for finding bugs and reflect on what everyone has said.

More than likely they are waiting for PTS to go live before reopening that thread. I really can't blame them because as soon as they open a thread, people jump on it before the PTS is even open. I plan on going over there and doing some testing (mainly for the stronghold) but I do have a sorceress already there so probably will test her for the activities I do.

I do recall a time they actually listen and that was during the Rishi stronghold and then again I tend to be a very positive person so while they might not respond like some like them to I still look for the good in what they are doing. I do at times get aggravated but that is when I step back from the forums and wait a bit.

Edited by casirabit

More than likely they are waiting for PTS to go live before reopening that thread. I really can't blame them because as soon as they open a thread, people jump on it before the PTS is even open.

Yes, you know the usual players will get on there to complain about how no one listens to them and it's all a waste of time, yada ,yada, yada, before the PTS is even open. :D

I personally do not see you in a bad light at all. I still have hope. It has been diminished considerably since the last PTS (prior to 6.0) release.

If you still feel motivated to log on to PTS... then by all means do so. If we are wrong then it is up to us to be mature enough to admit it !

My own personal review of the game in general could and would be substantially encouraged if the critical bugs that have been repeatedly brought into light were addressed as well as some of the concerns that were discussed in the afore mentioned PTS were acknowledged and addressed appropriately.

NO... this is not a demand. That sort of thing NEVER works out so well for anyone.

IMO... respect is a two way street.. FOR BOTH parties … the development team and or the representatives of this community … as well as ALL of us who play this game.

More than likely they are waiting for PTS to go live before reopening that thread. I really can't blame them because as soon as they open a thread, people jump on it before the PTS is even open. I plan on going over there and doing some testing (mainly for the stronghold) but I do have a sorceress already there so probably will test her for the activities I do.

I do recall a time they actually listen and that was during the Rishi stronghold and then again I tend to be a very positive person so while they might not respond like some like them to I still look for the good in what they are doing. I do at times get aggravated but that is when I step back from the forums and wait a bit.

Point well taken.. seriously !

I do believe that as far as the strongholds are concern that there is a degree of genuine "listening"... As for the rest. IMO I think a lot of the "negativity" from other players other than myself stims from the way that RNG and crafting was handled in 6.0. That said … there are obviously players who have managed to do well since the release. And to be perfectly candid about the entire affair I wish I knew MORE on the subject to present the specifics as others have when listing their complaints.

As for the PTS... I do think that one word is key more than anything: disillusionment. If I had to guess I'd say that that a part of the matter at hand.

And yes … you are right about another matter at hand (as someone else has pointed out) … some folks would gripe about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Seems like I made a point of that (and paid a price for it ) … to which I might also add … I'm not apologetic for making that statement in the fist place !!

We can all get to be overly negative and even cynical if we're not careful !

You point is well taken.

Hopefully that two way street we have mentioned from time to time will be traveled by others as well !

Thank You

Not a chance.

...we are also wasting our time there. They dont listen to anything.

Hate to say it, but you're right. It seems like they're offering a PTS to try and get us to believe we're involved (thus ticking that box) but ignore everything we feed back. So many of us fed back how the lack of being able to use a mount in the Alderaan stronghold was hindering both exploration & decoration of it during the first PTS run. Having just installed the updated & logged in to take a look around they've ignore us [url=]https://imgur.com/a/fgq49Xl[/url]. Disappointed is an understatement.

Don't complain after 6.1 comes out if you didn't take the time while the test server was out and EA was in a position to make updates, otherwise you'll be stuck for however many 6.1.x releases waiting for your class to get fixed.

From what I've seen about 6.0 PTS testing and certain aspects of the game making it into live, even though the feedback was strongly against certain changes (crafting and amplifiers etc), I'm wondering what difference it will actually make to even provide that insight from a players perspective.

Perhaps you can enlighten us, or perhaps even Eric Musco could provide some insight into how player feedback is taken into consideration with regards to PTS testing?

From what I've seen about 6.0 PTS testing and certain aspects of the game making it into live, even though the feedback was strongly against certain changes (crafting and amplifiers etc), I'm wondering what difference it will actually make to even provide that insight from a players perspective.

Perhaps you can enlighten us, or perhaps even Eric Musco could provide some insight into how player feedback is taken into consideration with regards to PTS testing?

As I said previously:

...by the time a build gets to the PTS it is, effectively (barring a game-breaking bug), a finished package, ready to go live.

PTS is NOT about Customer Satisfaction, or even Customer Feedback - Bioware can keep telling the lie that it is if they want, but ALL of the evidence shows it is a lie.

PTS is about a last chance to find game-breaking bugs. That is the ONLY thing that will see significant changes to a PTS Build.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

PTS is NOT about Customer Satisfaction, or even Customer Feedback - Bioware can keep telling the lie that it is if they want, but ALL of the evidence shows it is a lie.

PTS is about a last chance to find game-breaking bugs. That is the ONLY thing that will see significant changes to a PTS Build.

All The Best

And both of these are why their new communication tactic of "not discussing things until they're on PTS" is total nonsense. By the time they've put enough effort in to get it on PTS, it's not changing dramatically.

Ithe "you don't know until its live" excuse they've been using would only work if they had the competentency and/or manpower to make dramatic changes on PTS.