Viewing un-equipped Weapons Bugged?

ThiefUK

I have yet to find a thread on this so here goes,

I thought it was just a character bug a while back but since i'v rerolled it seems not, you can CTRL + Left Click gear to see what said gear looks like on you're character.

But this is not the case with weapons? The character screen show's no weapons equipped so i'v literally no idea what looking weapon i'm purchasing, i know it's more on stats but i like my character to have a whole round good look, i don't want a big hulking Vanguard with a tiny peashooter rifle for a weapon.

Any comments on this? is it a bug or just something that hasn't been implicated?

Not implemented.

Which is weird. I don't think any of us expect to see large, high-definition, images of the weapons (as nice as that would be), but just show the blasters/sabers on the hip of my toon in the same window I preview Armor in.

Edited by HanzoV

You have no idea how much I want this.

The little pictures of the weapons are usually a good indecation of what they look like...but not always. There are a few that look quite different than their pictures. And that picture is also small.

I kept one lightsaber(orange item of course) for my Warrior for nearly the entire leveling process because I just couldnt find one that looked better. I eventually found others, but I would like to be able to preview them before I buy them.

Its even worse as a Merc because I need to find two blasters that not only look good on my character but also look good together! Haha, I know its not a big deal to some but I like my weapons to complement my character.

Swtor is a fully featured MMO and bioware knows what it's doing, if you can't preview weapons and you have to preview in low-res then that's the way it's meant to be and you're a big silly goose if you think otherwise.

i'd like to see this, too. but you do have to hand it to their art team for at least making the icons look like the item. i've found that with sabers, there's pretty much a 1:1 resemblance for all but a couple of them. you can refer to this image in the meantime, and get a feel from the icon for which of these you're getting. the hilt at the bottom-right is misleading because it's sideways in that image. that hilt is the same one malgus uses in the deceived cinematic, and it's available for coruscant commendations (called the Fusion-core). Edited by codyr

Yea Im with the crowd of wanting to be able to use the Dressing Room window to see weapons. Also, it would be nice to be able to zoom in a little more or expand the size of the window itself. It some times is difficult to see what some items may look like such as helms. Especially if it is the " Neck Armor " style of helms I seem to have a lot of on my SI.

i'd like to see this, too. but you do have to hand it to their art team for at least making the icons look like the item. i've found that with sabers, there's pretty much a 1:1 resemblance for all but a couple of them. you can refer to this image in the meantime, and get a feel from the icon for which of these you're getting. the hilt at the bottom-right is misleading because it's sideways in that image. that hilt is the same one malgus uses in the deceived cinematic, and it's available for coruscant commendations (called the Fusion-core).

Awesome link, Thanks!

Heh, don't suppose you know of a similar image with blaster pistols, do ya? :D