You won't agree with me, but decos are too expensive and difficult

Macetheace

They won't do it for credits, as they'll lose cc's from people trying to get more, or sell them on the gtn.

As for cc's, they also be losing out, because will only be using cc's once, then they'll have multiple access to them.

Maybe if it was a fraction of the cc for each time it's copied, they might. As people might copy more than they would buy, so it might increase their CC sales.

That would be one way to get rid of some massive excess credits however. Imagine, for just a month you could be able to duplicate CM decorations against like a 1M credit sum.

Think of how many millions would just disappear suddenly.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be one way to get rid of some massive excess credits however. Imagine, for just a month you could be able to duplicate CM decorations against like a 1M credit sum.

lol, millions, I'd probably spend billions...lol...well maybe not, but I can bet I'd do a lot of damage to a billion...lol

lol, millions, I'd probably spend billions...lol...well maybe not, but I can bet I'd do a lot of damage to a billion...lol

Ummm ... Speak for your self !! (I'm still basically a tightwad !! ) :D:D:D

But .. if it were the "right item" (maybe a new space station to put some more decos in) who knows !! Maybe I could be tempted to pry a few credits out of the Legacy account !!

(maybe)

Agreed.

Additionally there are decos available through vendors on the individual planets as well. Granted you have to play the game enough to earn rep points. But that IS a part of the game as much as the rest of it.

Between decos that drop in game / those that are available through an assortment of vendors (ie: Iokath, Ossus and Onderon) PLUS the CM ( a major source) ... there are plenty of ways to decorate a SH.

I would like to see:

** some of the old "in game drops" return (some of them have fallen by the wayside) .

** a "multi-planetary" vendor available for SH applications to have better access to ALL of those decos (frankly I forget where to find some of them) ..

In any case ... there's a LOT available !!

Pretty much this. Plus you can buy a bunch of non cartel market decos in the game if you do some work to get them. They aren’t that expensive. The only expensive ones are people selling CM ones and they are in line with most other CM items. In some cases they are actually much cheaper than they probably should be.

I’m no decorator but this discussion has got me intrigued. With 6+ SH fully unlocked, I can try my hand at interior decoration. Is there a comprehensive list of all sources of decorations somewhere?

- Cartel Market

- GTN

- Drops

- Planetary Vendors (Iokath, Ossus and Onderon. What other planets and locations?)

- Other reputation vendors (GSI vendor on Nar Shaddaa. What others?)

- Event vendors (What events and locations?)

- Fleet Cartel Bazaar vendors

- Crafting?

Edited by mike_carton

I’m no decorator but this discussion has got me intrigued. With 6+ SH fully unlocked, I can try my hand at interior decoration. Is there a comprehensive list of all sources of decorations somewhere?

- Cartel Market

- GTN

- Drops

- Planetary Vendors (Iokath, Ossus and Onderon. What other planets and locations?)

- Crafting?

I like the way you think on this subject !! Is there a comprehensive list somewhere? I haven't seen one yet. (one of the reasons I suggested a special "interplanetary / rep " vendor !! ) That would help a bit !! ( some of us forget where we found stuff ) :D

In any case: good point. We could use some sort of comprehensive listing .. and WHERE those vendors are at.

As for the other items (such as drops) if you mouse over the item you can see where those items came from:

** FP drop

** Fleet Vendor (cartel certificate).

** World boss drop

** etc.

- Cartel Market

- GTN

- Drops

- Crafting?

I found this very useful:

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/decorations-by-source/

I didn't even know how I got the planetary datacrons or they are rare drops now lol

I wish they'll drop as often as Ossus decos. I got a few while running the dailies.

If the CM decos have more copies to each one (at least 10x each), I might consider spending cc on them, otherwise it's just not worth it. If we can have account-wide unlimited copy number unlock for costumes, why not CM decos? (I know, it's for earning more cc/$$)

The idea of buying individual items through cc once you bought the pack from CM is acceptable. Maybe I just find the chair in this set neat and I need 100 of it...

No, they are not too expensive, you can fill out 10 strongholds by just buying decos from the vendors.... will it look good, probably not, will it suffice, yes it will.

The issue is not deco's are expensive, it's the deco's YOU want are expensive. You want your stronghold to look like Bill gates house, but without paying Bill gates money. That's not going to happen. People put in a lot of work to get the stuff they want, buying, selling, or real money. If you are not willing to do that, why should you get the same?

for crying out loud, never read so much rubbish in a single thread reply in my life.

FIrst of all, most decorations (vendor basic ones) are incomplete sets, they lack on visuals, and 90% of the time they do not fit any but one SH theme, if at all. Then there are the gate locked decos, most behind gamble wall (CMC), others behind biased content and way too often under ridiculous RNG. Some decos are also locked to legacy/bop, which destroys any possibility of someone trying to market them in the GTN or even trade, if it's no use for them.

On a odd note, 99% of the SHs look like balls because rich fools simply stack eveyrthing chaotically, and then publicize their SH for no logical reason. Visited tons, and it's almost maddening how some ppl simply waste good deco pieces just to show that they are hoarders.

I don't agree with such behavior, and I strongly dislike how SHs have been handled by Bioware since they were first introduced to the game. I've always wanted to meddle with it (I'm one of those nerd gamer builders who basically build ridiculously massive stuff in games like rust, Conan Exiles, etc.), I build semi-realistic castles with blocks, in SWTOR I could be running some of the most compelling SHs ever, the type of SH people would like to hang out on, but instead these systems simply put me off of it, and seeing how other players handle theirs when they have full access to everything, is just inciting murder... At any rate, since all those walls are up, I've never even bothered trying to build a SH, not even a simple one, there's no point in doing it, it's just what the other guy said, a credit sink, and it sucks for it. I have absolutely zero incentive to start building one, let alone spending real cash in the CM for incomplete garbage that would never fit decently into a SH due to it being 8-80, you either have nothing spend nothing, or spend too much to have access to everything so you can get creative, and even if I, or anyone, was willing to waste money like that (or in-game credits), the access is too limited due to gated content, could take years to pull off enough decorations for a single theme, who in their right mind would build a Hub for other players over the course of years? It's pointless, subtracts from the experience itself, and people are much more likely to get worn out by the game and quitting half-way through collecting the "necessary" items....

Limiting as is, there's absolutely zero creative incentive for players who like it, resulting in those balls SHs I've mentioned, created by fools who are only doing it to "show-off" what they own in-game (which I couldn't care less), the only function of SHs is to RP, and even that is made harder with the limitations.

So yeah, change to how SHs and decorations work is a must, if they want that to be a real feature in the game, as is, it's just a depot for rich players to throw their accumulated decorations in without any objective at all, the only way of making it work is if you do it with a guild which creates social restrictions. Not every guild wants to do it properly, and even if you find one, you are a hostage to their whims, again killing any creativity you could develop upon it. To me, buildable stuff in a game has to push creativity or simply not exist, which basically converges on my view of SHs = Fully ignored

Edited by xdjinn

I found this very useful:

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/decorations-by-source/

I didn't even know how I got the planetary datacrons or they are rare drops now lol

I wish they'll drop as often as Ossus decos. I got a few while running the dailies.

If the CM decos have more copies to each one (at least 10x each), I might consider spending cc on them, otherwise it's just not worth it. If we can have account-wide unlimited copy number unlock for costumes, why not CM decos? (I know, it's for earning more cc/$$)

The idea of buying individual items through cc once you bought the pack from CM is acceptable. Maybe I just find the chair in this set neat and I need 100 of it...

I did visit that site ... but IMO not quite what I was personally looking for. I will try sometime today to start a thread in the SH area suggesting a couple of things that might encourage others where to find things that might help to add to a better "themed" SH. I have only 4 ... but they do show some continuity. That is why there are a lot of things that I'm not interested in ... but on the other hand with a little imagination ... can find some ways of "making it work". Granted it's a bit of a stretch some times but it can be done.

It does take time / commitment and a little imagination. Frankly it can be a lot of fun! Just depends on how you want to look at it !! ;)

Right now I'm working on an idea of how to redo the main outside area to resemble more of a outdoor resort area complete with a party / dancing ... etc !! ( I ran across the idea by accident .. as I have already made one corner exactly like that!! )

:D

No, they are not too expensive, you can fill out 10 strongholds by just buying decos from the vendors.... will it look good, probably not, will it suffice, yes it will.

The issue is not deco's are expensive, it's the deco's YOU want are expensive. You want your stronghold to look like Bill gates house, but without paying Bill gates money. That's not going to happen. People put in a lot of work to get the stuff they want, buying, selling, or real money. If you are not willing to do that, why should you get the same?

I disagree here, evne the normal ones are too expensive, when you think about the amount of space you ahve to put stuff, i mean everythign should become cheaper, and easier to make lots.

Cut the time down of those prefabs, increase thequanityt each craft gets, also decrease the mats required, so it's really easy and quick to get lots

2. Stuff you pay actual money for in the cartel market is far more expensive than stuff you craft, as such, those bundles have items that are too few, if you're going to buy bundles, let htem have lots, at least 10 times what they offer, so you can put them around.

Everything needs to be cheaper and more numerous across the board

for crying out loud, never read so much rubbish in a single thread reply in my life.

You obviously don't read your own post, or are capable of understanding others. /shrug.

/snip....rant, rant, whine because I'm broke, and others aren't, so I'll attack them instead to make myself feel better, instead of working to get decorations /snip

Translated your post so others can really understand what you are saying. Because at the end of the day, that is your point. It's no one else's problem that you either don't have the imagination to work with what's there, or work to increase what you can have.

Depends, are deco's to expense or just the deco's you want?

I am in two minds on this and will depend on several factors. Deco's from vender I personally think are very reasonable. Deco's from Cartel Market is a differant story, some I personally find reasonable other not. To me it's just how few you get for what is charged, then again it comes down to if useing the free coins you get or buying addtional coins to buy.

GTN is a separte issue, but still have the opinion that players have the right to sell at whatever price they want, buyer's just can buy or not.

As for decorations and collections? well again the more expenice ones maybe.

It's definitely a problem.

I got all of my decos over the years through the GTN whenever they came out, so even the super rare stuff I managed to get at reasonable prices.

Now however it's almost impossible for a new player to get into stronghold decorating without spending hundreds of dollars on cartel coins. It's incredibly unreasonable for such an interesting part of the game to be blocked behind an insane real life currency cost.

Depends, are deco's to expense or just the deco's you want?

I am in two minds on this and will depend on several factors. Deco's from vender I personally think are very reasonable. Deco's from Cartel Market is a differant story, some I personally find reasonable other not. To me it's just how few you get for what is charged, then again it comes down to if useing the free coins you get or buying addtional coins to buy.

GTN is a separte issue, but still have the opinion that players have the right to sell at whatever price they want, buyer's just can buy or not.

As for decorations and collections? well again the more expenice ones maybe.

In general, its the decos that people Want that they complain are too expensive. Mostly, CM items, which some people pay real money for, so they why should they have to sell them cheaply, just because others are to cheap to either buy them with cc's or work to earn credits to buy them from the gtn, just like most of us have.

As for decos that drop from ops, etc. Again, if someone bothers working to get the deco, running through the op, etc, then they should be allowed to charge what they like.

There are plenty of decos available from prefebs, vendors, rep, etc. So that anyone who can't afford the GTN prices have enough to outfit any stronghold. Will it look as good as those who invested time, credits, money, probably not. But the solution to that is to earn the credits to buy what you Want.

It's definitely a problem.

I got all of my decos over the years through the GTN whenever they came out, so even the super rare stuff I managed to get at reasonable prices.

Now however it's almost impossible for a new player to get into stronghold decorating without spending hundreds of dollars on cartel coins. It's incredibly unreasonable for such an interesting part of the game to be blocked behind an insane real life currency cost.

It's not blocked, they can work to get them, just like others have, just like you did. Sure some are more expensive these days, but credits are also easier to get these days. They can stil get involved with decos they can afford, and as they progress in the game, what they can buy will also increase, and in time, their strongholds will also evolve.

OP wants the cartel market decos to be cheaper on gtn but doesn't understand its all just supply and demand, gotta have people actually buy them :D

It’s also about other CM items and their CC to credit conversion. As an example, why would I spend 600 CC on a deco to list cheap on the GTN when I can buy a server character unlock for 600 CC and sell for 90,000,000.

I don’t think people who want CM items from the GTN understand that people converting CC into credits via the GTN are looking to make the most credits they can from their CC. They aren’t doing it from the goodness of their heart.

If people want CM items you either pay what’s offered on the GTN or you buy your own CCs. Complaining they are too expensive on the GTN is pointless and shows they have no idea how a market economy (real world) actually works.

OP wants the cartel market decos to be cheaper on gtn but doesn't understand its all just supply and demand, gotta have people actually buy them :D

Nah man, I want ALL of them to be cheaper, and I want a better interface to make it easier to get into.. it's so overwhelming when you start getting into it., then the stuff that is half decent comes in such tiny quantities, it will take ages to go on, to fill every room, hallways etc then not to mention start the other strongholds you might like.

What I would like is not the stupid deco droids that take the universal pre fab stuff but you would be able to craft actual decorations depending on the crafter you had and some of those decorations on those vendors are actually not very nice looking.

It would be nice if you were able to purchase extra copies from your decoration list like you can do for guilds but that is probably a pipe dream.

And for me I am not really worried so much about the cost it is the fact there are certain things you need more than 1 of and that can add up. Like really you need more than 1 rug for a room for the most part and some of the "cheap" ones are just that cheap.

While I take my time to get what I really want, I also know I am not the normal type of person as I will wait till I can get what I want while most want it like yesterday p.

Edited by casirabit

Decorating many strongholds in full is very expensive, but the worst part of how decorating is expensive is the cartel market prices on decorations. One and consider that, ONE decoration costs 500 cartel coins. You don't get another copy and you spend so much on just one item for one out of eight strongholds at that. The decoration packs are well priced but you have no choice but to buy the deco pack otherwise the individual decorations from the cartel market are absurd prices or not on there at all. Which only ends up reflecting on the GTN prices of course...

What I would like is not the stupid deco droids that take the universal pre fab stuff but you would be able to craft actual decorations depending on the crafter you had and some of those decorations on those vendors are actually not very nice looking.

It would be nice if you were able to purchase extra copies from your decoration list like you can do for guilds but that is probably a pipe dream.

And for me I am not really worried so much about the cost it is the fact there are certain things you need more than 1 of and that can add up. Like really you need more than 1 rug for a room for the most part and some of the "cheap" ones are just that cheap.

While I take my time to get what I really want, I also know I am not the normal type of person who will wait till I can get what I want.

One options is they could add them to your collections and then you could open them up and get as many as you wanted.

One options is they could add them to your collections and then you could open them up and get as many as you wanted.

That would be good but if they are concerned about not getting any credits then allowing us to purchase the copies for credits like they do with the guild decorating is another idea. Either one I would take p