Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

RedKubrick

When BW will finally buff the Merc? Max crit 2.9-3.2 k...even jedi guardian can reach 4.3k crit, yes you can reach 300k dsp at end of wz...but u will never beat 1vs1 player....survivality is an optional...some classes just need 3 shots to kill you...even if u totally nuke a player with macros and all ur skill at end of 1vs1 u will probably have decreased the enemy hp of 15%...is that possible? every BH chose PT....a tank that make more dps than a dps...incredible...wake up BW..too many players are leaving the game

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently picked up my lvl 27 Sorcerer from pre-launch, respecced him madness and have been subsequently dominating warzones left and right. Bottom line here is I have fun with my Sorcerer. Previously he was lightning and wasn't nearly as much fun. I am posting this here because my Merc (arsenal) actually has a decent collection of PVP gear (neither top-of-the-line nor worst of the worst) and he is utter crap, I feel like a walking target wearing no armor and my damage output is horrendous. 1v1 against anything I barely scratch them, healers laugh in-between healing themselves (literally....). Maybe it isn't the class and I just suck at playing a Merc, otherwise I just don't understand how I can dominate battlegrounds with my madness Sorc or my Healing Operative.

TLDR I have alot of fun AND do very well in Warzones on both my Operative (Heals) and my Sorcerer (Madness), why is playing my Bounty Hunter(Arsenal) like beating my head against the wall repeatedly... I greatly enjoyed leveling him throughout the game and damage was never a problem, as soon as I went to Warzones though it became painful for me, I don't even want to log onto him anymore.

Here is hoping Bioware will show some love to Arsenal in the PVP area, maybe Arsenals with maxed out expertise ratings are doing fine but w/o it we are suffering.

When BW will finally buff the Merc? Max crit 2.9-3.2 k...even jedi guardian can reach 4.3k crit, yes you can reach 300k dsp at end of wz...but u will never beat 1vs1 player....survivality is an optional...some classes just need 3 shots to kill you...even if u totally nuke a player with macros and all ur skill at end of 1vs1 u will probably have decreased the enemy hp of 15%...is that possible? every BH chose PT....a tank that make more dps than a dps...incredible...wake up BW..too many players are leaving the game

First of all, once you said PTs = Tank, I stopped taking you seriously. You obviously know very little about the class. If you consider all PTs are tanks, then all Mercs are Healers. In fact in WZ 1 out of 10 PTs is tank spec.

Second, balancing PvP based on 1v1 is probably the WORST thing BW can do. There isnt a single WZ where 1v1 is an objective.

Do Mercs have issues? sure, and so do other ACs. Certainly not major issues that they cant compete. You're a ranged DPS. Act like one. Your pre 1.2 days, when you could just stand in someone's face and spam tracer missiles, are gone. Adapt.

First of all, once you said PTs = Tank, I stopped taking you seriously. You obviously know very little about the class. If you consider all PTs are tanks, then all Mercs are Healers. In fact in WZ 1 out of 10 PTs is tank spec.

Second, balancing PvP based on 1v1 is probably the WORST thing BW can do. There isnt a single WZ where 1v1 is an objective.

Do Mercs have issues? sure, and so do other ACs. Certainly not major issues that they cant compete. You're a ranged DPS. Act like one. Your pre 1.2 days, when you could just stand in someone's face and spam tracer missiles, are gone. Adapt.

Mercs currently suck! Bottom line. For people like you to just come into the forums and find threads just to tell people they need to learn to play is just asinine.

You didn't offer anything to the topic, you just insulted a person. Here is something for you. It's not a question of learning to play ranged or acting like it.

It's a developmental balancing issue and has been since launch.

And yes he is right Power Tech's are suppose to be Tanks and offtanks, hence 1 Blaster and Shield. Merc's 2 Blaster's, Hmmm, You think that might indicate DPS? 2 Blaster's. Seems to be more dps to me. So why is it that 1 Blaster fighting style out DPS's 2 Blaster fighting style?

I'll tell you why, because BioWare screwed up!

i always have asked myself this question, altho it has evolved and changed shapes and ideas over the years, and i still haven't found the answer.

"do people know when they suck?" to be blunt.

i play a VR60 (3rd alt) PT/MERC and i DOMINATE in PvP. DOMINATE!!! (tbh, i'm pretty good at every class i have played, i just get this game...it's easy)

Merc is not broke, weak, lack utility, <insert whine here>.

straight up 1v1 (even tho this is not a 1v1 game) i have little problems killin any class, any spec.

i hate to say it, but all these complaints are a SERIOUS L2P issue.

sure, YES, there are a few classes that have more "buttons" that make them more difficult to defeat in PvP, but, as a Merc, there is MUCH, MUCH more than the "buttons".

kiting, elevation, los, teammates, terrain, map buffs/heals, using your adrenals at the right time(on the right opponent), too much to try to explain.

let's call it, "situational awareness".

RARELY, do i get >2 people within 25m of me...i see a sniper lock-on, i LOS..who cares if the healer was at 20%...if u can't finish him without taking serious damage, **** (<---which was gee tee ef oh)!

it's very hard to explain to some, but i know there are quite a few Mercs that understand and are HIGHLY successful.

i.e. VR60 PT/Merc 1 WH piece(ear), full BM(minus relics). top damage, kills, fewest deaths ~95% of my matches. SOLO que.

cleanse, stun, kb, snare, heal, mez, 1100+ damage auto attack!, shield, stealth breaker...all don't mean schizer if you suck at playing the class.

which anyone that has difficulties being successful at playing this class need to realize...

you suck @ merc...play something else.

***i'm NOT trying to troll. i am dead serious. i dominate on my merc, no WH gear. i run, i kite, i pick my fights, i solo ANY healer(and kill them) all day, i destroy marauders(if =..if cd's/cleanse is down, not so much :p )

you have to be wily, crafty, and smart. that is why this class fits me. i have a pre 1.1 FULL BM VR68 assassin. i switched from deception to tanksin, and i still play my merc 10x better.

Edited by T-Assassin

Mercs currently suck! Bottom line. For people like you to just come into the forums and find threads just to tell people they need to learn to play is just asinine.

You didn't offer anything to the topic, you just insulted a person. Here is something for you. It's not a question of learning to play ranged or acting like it.

It's a developmental balancing issue and has been since launch.

And yes he is right Power Tech's are suppose to be Tanks and offtanks, hence 1 Blaster and Shield. Merc's 2 Blaster's, Hmmm, You think that might indicate DPS? 2 Blaster's. Seems to be more dps to me. So why is it that 1 Blaster fighting style out DPS's 2 Blaster fighting style?

I'll tell you why, because BioWare screwed up!

Where in my post did I say Learn to play? You're the one who is insulting, especially that you too have no idea how the PT class works. In my post I am basically saying, that if you DO NOT have a clue about a particular class, then dont come here and start a thread or reply to it, based on foolish assumptions.

1) PT is an AC that has ONE tanking tree, which means it is able to Tank. It also has TWO dps trees, which means it can ALSO dps, and quite well if I may add.

2) DPS PTs dont use a shield sherlock, there are also dps Generators. Having 1 pistol and a generator is about the same stats as a 2 pistols. The difference between 1 or 2 pistols is PURELY aesthetic. Using your logic a Vanguard using a rifle should do more dps than a Powertech (eventhough they are mirrored class). Or a commando using the BIG freakin Canon should do 10x more damage than your Merc with two tiny pistols. Hec we should even say that a sniper with that bad *** rifle should have longer range than his mirror AC that uses 2 pistols. Let's go even further with this "sound" logic and say that an Assassin shouldnt be able to tank because they are wearing light armor.

3) Merc also have 1 tree for healing. To come here and make yourself look like a fool and say PTs are tanks, then by the same logic you should also say Mercs are healers. BOTH ACs can dps VERY well in PvP AND PvE with their respective dps trees, even if one slightly out performs another.

4) Mercs NEVER had a balancing issue since Launch. In FACT, Mercs/Commandos have been FOTM and OP up until 1.2. Maybe they got hit a little too hard, but pretty much every other AC got a little toned down. But to come here and whine like a baby as if they are unplayable in their current state, IS (how you say) asinine.

5) In PvP, played right, they can still reach top 2-3 in Kills/damage/Medals.

So I think it is VERY appropriate for me to now say...L2P.

Yeah just like how Hunters continually were the lowest ranked class for years and people claimed it was EVERYONE PLAYING THE CLASS that needed to learn to play. The massive amount of people playing the other classes just happen to be way more skilled than the masses of Mercenaries. There's a better chance of being struck by lightning than that being true.

NO, I think you missed the point completely. But what do you expect of someone who is using ANOTHER MMO's class as a basis for an argument on the current state of an AC in THIS game?

He is basically saying that there are currently people playing Mercs with success who are more skilled than the complainers who claim this AC is unplayable.

Go play a Sniper, or better yet a dps Operative, then come back here and say this AC is unplayable. I think most Merc complainers got so used to the pre 1.2 easy mode, and cant seem to see past 2-3 button spam for a win.

Edited by Wekeltes

Yeah just like how Hunters continually were the lowest ranked class for years and people claimed it was EVERYONE PLAYING THE CLASS that needed to learn to play. The massive amount of people playing the other classes just happen to be way more skilled than the masses of Mercenaries. There's a better chance of being struck by lightning than that being true.

This is good information. Mercs are broken and need fundamental fixes. Don't delete my post again Bioware, that's an order.

This is good information. Mercs are broken and need fundamental fixes. Don't delete my post again Bioware, that's an order.

Your post got deleted because you resorted to name calling, not because your argument was sound or game breaking. lol

be constructive and positive and see how that goes...i bet it'll go over a lil' better.

i will say this. it is a L2P issue.

some classes have better burst, some can heal...

pvp is a team concept, and i believe Merc is probably the closed to a well put together class than most others.(because it fits my playstyle).

get over your inability to play the class successfully, or to its full potential, and reroll a faceroll class or FoTM.

^that's all it boils down to.

Edited by T-Assassin

be constructive and positive and see how that goes...i bet it'll go over a lil' better.

pvp is a team concept, and i believe Merc is probably the closed to a well put together class than most others.(because it fits my playstyle).

get over your inability to play the class successfully, or to its full potential, and reroll a faceroll class or FoTM.

If you refuse to accept that imbalances exist in swtor, which you are basically doing because mercs are at the bottom of the pile at the moment, you are unconscionably naive. Mercs are not a L2P issue, they suck at the moment in terms of utility, defense, and for such a lack of these, they fall woefully short on dps.

The fact you think they are the one of the closed (closest?) to a well put together class because it fits your play style shows how utterly subjective and therefore worthless your opinion is.

It is the overwhelming majority, good/bad players and players of other classes that see mercs as broken for pvp and a free meal in WZs. The "adjust/L2P" people like yourself just sound ignorant, dumb or noobish to be honest.

Edited by Diddley

If you refuse to accept that imbalances exist in swtor you are unconscionably naive. Mercs are not a L2P issue, they suck at the moment.

The fact you think they are the one of the closed (closest?) to a well put together class because it fits your play style shows how utterly subjective and therefore worthless your opinion is.

It is the overwhelming majority, good/bad players and players of other classes that see mercs as broken for pvp and a free meal in WZs. The "adjust/L2P" people like yourself just sound ignorant, dumb or noobish to be honest.

which is precisely why your, and everybody else's, complaints are not valid.

how come i have no problem killin healers and 1v1'n marauders and PT/VG's? sure, some are darn good and get me...but, i SHOULDN'T win ever time!!

perhaps your understanding of the class, or how to play it, is n00bish.

which is precisely why your, and everybody else's, complaints are not valid.

how come i have no problem killin healers and 1v1'n marauders and PT/VG's? sure, some are darn good and get me...but, i SHOULDN'T win ever time!!

perhaps your understanding of the class, or how to play it, is n00bish.

Do you have video evidence of this? The way you post in such a cocksure way saying you have "no problem" against healers, maras and PTs in 1v1s makes me think you play against bads. Good players of said classes dominate mercs.

Edited by Diddley

Do you have video evidence of this? The way you post in such a cocksure way saying you have "no problem" against healers, maras and PTs in 1v1s makes me think you play against bads. Good players of said classes dominate mercs.

no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8856/screenshot2012051023464.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555/screenshot2012051018155.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7193/screenshot2012051017372.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4781/screenshot2012050221405.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6285/screenshot2012050122150.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8963/screenshot2012042500535.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/screenshot2012041821022.jpg

***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!

Edited by T-Assassin

no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not it damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8856/screenshot2012051023464.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555/screenshot2012051018155.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7193/screenshot2012051017372.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4781/screenshot2012050221405.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6285/screenshot2012050122150.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8963/screenshot2012042500535.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/screenshot2012041821022.jpg

***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!

A set of screens showing high dps, I grant you that, but doesn't take into account things like objectives, 1v1s or skill of your/opposing team. You could just be tab-dotting and finishing people off for all I know. With scores like that I expect you were just mindlessly pushing dps anyway.

No offense, but If every player saved screens of their best scores we'd all have a similar folder. FYI, it's the utility and defense that mercs most crave in pvp, not more dps.

Edited by Diddley

A set of screens showing high dps, I grant you that, but doesn't take into account things like objectives, 1v1s or skill of your/opposing team. You could just be tab-dotting and finishing people off for all I know. With scores like that I expect you were just mindlessly pushing dps anyway.

No offense, but If every player saved screens of their best scores we'd all have a similar folder.

no offense taken...those are my average SS's. i got some crazy Assassin pre 1.2's, some <50 insane PT/Merc #'s...

the thing u gotta look for is...

the wins. u see the 2 loses? 2 HB ties! 1 dude ran into the fire <10s and got stunned...the other was rushing their goal with <30s left...(u sit on it).

objectives:

-own middle in HB (hockey defensman)

-kill healers in all others.

so...i'm really having a difficult time wrappin my head around where all these problems lie. i'm not having them.

as far as what the scoreboard says...LOL...i would bet you $500 i've scored more goals in HB pre 1.1 than 99% of the playerbase...and had a healer following me (shout out to the best healer, RealRanger, MZL server), while we wone 99% of our matches...

he averaged 3-4 medals...and like 1000-1500 objectives...yet, i carried the ball, and he carried our team.

VL & HRS- "winning isn't everything...it's the only thing."

No offense, but If every player saved screens of their best scores we'd all have a similar folder. FYI, it's the utility and defense that mercs most crave in pvp, not more dps.

you can lead a horse to water...

look at the #'s...c'mon!! look at my deaths in comparison to everyone else...

i bring evidence, you bring closed-minded, unwillingness to accept the class is VERY playable...

in the right hands.

*EDIT* for fun (look at all those BH's :p):

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8931/screenshot2012040602442.jpg

Edited by T-Assassin

you can lead a horse to water...

look at the #'s...c'mon!! look at my deaths in comparison to everyone else...

i bring evidence, you bring closed-minded, unwillingness to accept the class is VERY playable...

in the right hands.

You brought evidence of high dps in those examples, which is great... happy for you.

Yes, pyro is very playable. In pug warzones I also find it easy to top the charts. If there's a healer backing me then I can get obscene dps, as could any other class. However, mercs are under powered compared to so many others in terms of utility. Arsenal also suffers in terms of dps. No amount of screenshots can disprove that.

i bring evidence, you bring closed-minded, unwillingness to accept the class is VERY playable...in the right hands.

Of course it is playable in the right hands. But with those very same hands you could do better with another class. This is so blatantly obvious. Yet people will always point at a high Merc dps score and exclaim, "See, nothing is wrong!". I've scored 750k in damage with a Merc Pyro. But that was on a toon geared better than any other PvP toon on ANY server. Period. That is nothing compared to what my Marauder can do. With 4 pieces of BM (all armor, none weapons) and full Recruit everywhere else, I've scored 580k (damage + heals) while using no adrenals, no PvP consumables AND while entering midway through the match.

Play balance isn't proved by the existence of a single player who can light up the scoreboard with a given subclass. It is about each subclass fairing equivalently when they are piloted by players of equal skill. And that is not happening right now.

Hi Assasin!

I think there are some great BH Arsenal people that make it work, id love to get better and would love for some god BH Arsenal player show a video (from past 1,2) how they play, it doesent have to be perfekt or your team win, just to se how its done. If possibly with commentaries. This is not sarcasm or something, i am lvl 47 BH Arsenal and think its fun class so just wanna be able to see and learn. Its alot writings weather the specc is gimped or not, so something of use wouldbe great,

best regards

Kraros