Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help with assassin in infernal council fight.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Help with assassin in infernal council fight.

slyric
06.24.2016 , 09:02 PM | #1
I play a Sorcerer healer and I am having no problems with this.

My Mercenary team mate is dying every time. Could some one please explain how they do this as a merc.
I just has to be something simple. We have 216-220 gear and six piece sets each. Because I do not play a Merc any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will make sure he sees this.

LadyDarkkitten
06.24.2016 , 11:15 PM | #2
field respec to gunnery then just spam grav rounds to 5 stacks then hib/demo round it ftw? No seriously. does he have some dps gear with accuracy on he could switch to? Perhaps an ear piece? Is he interrupting the casts? You said hes dying not that your hitting the enrage? Perhaps you can swap him out for one of the dps and give him a mara to kill instead. It has more health, but does less damage so it will be easier for him to keep himself up. Other then that i would want to watch him or at least look at a parse to figure out whats happening. Hope thats some help?
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

slyric
06.25.2016 , 06:07 AM | #3
As I said before I am not a merc, but as heal spec he should be able to heal through that guy right?
For me as a sorc I only DPS when at full life. I interupt every other rapid slash and heal through the other one. Is it not that simple for the Merc healer?

Most of the group are new to ops and just starting to do hard modes. I am guessing he is healing himself ineffectively.

Do Mercs have a hard time single target healing? For example himself? I could heal through that assassin till the cows come home.

LadyDarkkitten
06.25.2016 , 10:36 AM | #4
For the record I never healed that guy on my trooper. I always goto dps spec for that fight. That said I can think of no real reason why he can't heal himself through it. Is he interrupting? Does he pvp? maybe you should goto your guild flagshp and have a guildie mara/jug beat on him in a duel and tell him to just heal through it and interrupt all the ravages? Its the only thing I can think of to give him practise while being able to watch him and figure out whats going wrong for him.
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

LordTurin
06.25.2016 , 11:21 PM | #5
Next time you do the fight, make sure to check his debuff bar, as if I recall correctly, one of the Merc heals (and disclaimer, I don't heal either) acts similar to roaming mend and can jump across a pretty big distance, so he may accidently be healing someone, and so getting the debuff. It would probably help to focus target him next time, so you can actually see if he gets it.

Also, the assasins big attack can be interrupted, he should be able to get every other interrupt, and once someone kills their's , others can come interrupt as well (you can interrupt even if you have the debuff, so it helps a lot).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

sumquy
06.27.2016 , 12:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Next time you do the fight, make sure to check his debuff bar, as if I recall correctly, one of the Merc heals (and disclaimer, I don't heal either) acts similar to roaming mend and can jump across a pretty big distance, so he may accidently be healing someone, and so getting the debuff. It would probably help to focus target him next time, so you can actually see if he gets it.
this is almost certainly the correct answer. a healer should have no problem keeping themselves alive for that encounter unless they get the debuff that reduces all damage and healing. he cannot have any kolto shells on any other players, no raid buff (supercharged celerity), and he has to be very careful with his aoe. best strat is to have him pull his guy off to a lonely corner by himself.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

slyric
06.27.2016 , 01:57 PM | #7
Going to try both the lonely corner and duel him with with my Jugg. Thanks for all your help folks.