Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IO Dot Spreading

Aetideus
05.06.2016 , 12:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
I would like to see IO dots taking 50,000 health off people but it's obviously not happening.

IO doesn't magically become better at multi target by doing it in PVP it still has a 4 ability dotspread and negative regen while doing it.

Virulence spreads both DoT using a total of two abilities in rotation and the more targets they hit the higher their regen, allowing easy swapping into single target or suppressive fire spam on the dotted targets.

Not buying it.
Since you are in TRE, done it a couple of times (when stars were aligned and did full rotation). 40-50k setting up a total of 5 dots /s + DfA + SwB. Rare but out of experience had happened with Pyro PT full rotation.

Hardly seen any Virulence lately in TRE. #1 target in pvp would find even more difficult to complete rotation (cull swapping) while IO is full mobile.

KevinQCowart
06.03.2016 , 06:38 AM | #12
I would like to see IO dots taking 50,000 health off people but it's obviously not happening.

IO doesn't magically become better at multi target by doing it in PVP it still has a 4 ability dotspread and negative regen while doing it.

Virulence spreads both DoT using a total of two abilities in rotation and the more targets they hit the higher their regen, allowing easy swapping into single target or suppressive fire spam on the dotted targets.

Not buying it.
The problem with IO dot spread is that everyone is constantly moving in warzones. The lengthy setup of two casts and a delayed damage will almost never hapoen against good players. And if you have 8 bads who clump up the entire match you dont need much advantage to take them out anyway. So any "supposed AoE superiority" would be negated by lack of circumstance to ever need it.

Floplag
06.03.2016 , 08:18 AM | #13
You can do the spreading ability first.

Someone else demoed it a while back but if you do:

Sticky Grenade -> Serrated Bolt then the dot lands just before the spreader goes off.

Same with Plasma Grenade -> Incendiary Round

Still sucks compared to any other dot spreading, but there we go.
Its still far too clunky and random and requires 2 moves compared to one, but yes i tested this when i tested IO as well and it seemed to work.
Spread should be tied to an instant rotational skill like all others but it isnt becasue Merc i guess.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

AmarantKando
06.04.2016 , 02:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KevinQCowart View Post
I did 8700 DPS
You did 8700 dps that whole match? Do you have a screenshot?
--Yashia Kando---------------------Durwell Kando
Ranked Tier 1 Operative------------Merc/Mando Heals TR
<Take a Seat>--------------------- <It's A Trap>

Flintfire
06.12.2016 , 07:57 AM | #15
Yeah, they should really choose either explosive dart or fusion missile (probably fusion missile) and make that a 1 move dotspread.

And reduce the heat by 5 on fusion missile (wishful thinking )
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion