Companion romances

MouseNoFour

For those who have fully completed most if not all of the companion romances - male and female - which do YOU think seems the most 'natural' and the least forced?

If you have fully completed only a few, feel free to offer your thoughts on the romances you have completed so far.

Edited by MouseNoFour
  • Like 1

Honestly, and I really believe this, it's a toss up between Jedi Knight/Kira for a more modern style romance and Sith Warrior/Vette or BH/Mako for a more old fashioned romance. Yes, SW/Vette is very old fashioned. She won't even sleep with you until after you marry her. Same with Mako. Kira kinda jumps in on the second "date", you might say. lol

"Meet me in my quarters in 2 minutes." Love that line! :D

If any one person has completed all possible romances, I applaud them; I think 19 possible romance-able companions exist, and it's playing each class at least once per gender. :p

Anyway, I've only completed 3 companion romances, all from female toons to male companions: Trooper, SW, and IA, respectively. For me, the most "natural" or "least forced" one has been Fem!Trooper/Aric Jorgan. The progression through his companion conversations flowed well with the overall class story, as opposed to some of the romance companions' personal storylines. I like the letters from Jorgan more than the others, too.

I've had friends tell me that the male Trooper/Elara Dorne romance is good, as is the male JK/Kira couple. Another mentioned not liking male BH/Mako cause it felt incest-y, though. :p

If any one person has completed all possible romances, I applaud them; I think 19 possible romance-able companions exist, and it's playing each class at least once per gender. :p

Anyway, I've only completed 3 companion romances, all from female toons to male companions: Trooper, SW, and IA, respectively. For me, the most "natural" or "least forced" one has been Fem!Trooper/Aric Jorgan. The progression through his companion conversations flowed well with the overall class story, as opposed to some of the romance companions' personal storylines. I like the letters from Jorgan more than the others, too.

I've had friends tell me that the male Trooper/Elara Dorne romance is good, as is the male JK/Kira couple. Another mentioned not liking male BH/Mako cause it felt incest-y, though. :p

There are freaks among us that have a 50 of EVERY SINGLE CLASS. That isnt dedication, that is insanity.

There are freaks among us that have a 50 of EVERY SINGLE CLASS. That isnt dedication, that is insanity.

LOL, and here I felt addicted for having three lvl50s in the short time the game's been out. Is that two of every class a.k.a. one of every advanced class...a.k.a. 16 characters across two servers? XD Because that would be...insane.

Admittedly, I have rolled at least two of every class with the intention of trying both advanced classes. Most of those baby alts are somewhere between lvls 10-20, though. Atm I'm most interested in replaying the SW and Agent stories with a male toon for 1) the end of the SW's Ch. 1, and 2) the satisfaction of breaking up with Kaliyo's stupid face.

Edited by nocte_aeterna

LOL, and here I felt addicted for having three lvl50s in the short time the game's been out. Is that two of every class a.k.a. one of every advanced class...a.k.a. 16 characters across two servers? XD Because that would be...insane.

Admittedly, I have rolled at least two of every class with the intention of trying both advanced classes. Most of those baby alts are somewhere between lvls 10-20, though. Atm I'm most interested in replaying the SW and Agent stories with a male toon for 1) the end of the SW's Ch. 1, and 2) the satisfaction of breaking up with Kaliyo's stupid face.

My main is a Sniper, level 50. I have completed every possible mission in the game on her, save for a few heroics and 3 of my companions who are not yet maxed.

What do you refer to with ''breaking up'' with Kaliyo's face?

What do you refer to with ''breaking up'' with Kaliyo's face?

As a male IA, I believe you have the romance options of either Kaliyo or Raina. If you choose to romance Raina after having romanced/flirted with Kaliyo, Raina will mention in a companion conversation that you need to be honest with Kaliyo (basically asking for monogamy, I suppose). A friend who'd romanced both said that Kaliyo storms off in a huff and is clearly perturbed by your choice, should you pick Raina over her.

I would personally find this immensely satisfying because her personality annoys the **** out of me. :p

Edited by nocte_aeterna

As a male IA, I believe you have the romance options of either Kaliyo or Raina. If you choose to romance Raina after having romanced/flirted with Kaliyo, Raina will mention in a companion conversation that you need to be honest with Kaliyo (basically asking for monogamy, I suppose). A friend who'd romanced both said that Kaliyo storms off in a huff and is clearly perturbed by your choice, should you pick Raina over her.

I would personally find this immensely satisfying because her personality annoys the **** out of me. :p

The bigger question is why you would romance her in the first place.

For those who have fully completed most if not all of the companion romances - male and female - which do YOU think seems the most 'natural' and the least forced? If you have fully completed only a few, feel free to offer your thoughts on the romances you have completed so far.

I've completed three seperate romances, all with female characters.

I tend to have a hard time playing male characters, since I'm not, and flirting, especially, as a male character seems awkward, to me. Having said that, I recently started playing a male IA and I'm having a generally enjoyable time playing his story. I'm hoping to eventually have him romance Raina but that's not something I've seen yet, so I can't say what even happens in regards their relationship. I do know I don't like Kaliyo, though, even though they've flirted back and forth a couple of times. Hey, my IA flirts with everyone, shrug.

(1) Of all the romances, the one that seemed the absolute most natural was between my female bounty hunter and Torian Cadera. It was nearly seemless, like they just flowed together. Torian is just an awesome example of a Mandalorian man, with his sense of honor and duty and protectiveness proving incredibly attractive. The romance with him came off as providing another level of acceptance into the overarching Mandalorian society my bounty hunter was becoming a part of, and I enjoyed seeing the two of them together.

(2) Corso Riggs, too, was a very good foil for my female smuggler. The two of them shared a rather quirky attitude, so that they generally met each encounter with smiles and teasing that proved intensely fun and engaging. I laughed, a lot, as I played through their romance. It was far sweeter than the BH romance, with Corso being a bit more sugary in his approach than Torian was. Corso is just a sweetheart, is all.

(3) The last romance I played through was with my female Sith Warrior, and regardless of the level of criticism he's received I still find the romance with Malavi Quinn to be one of the most interesting and fascinating to play through. It's not an easy romance, in the end. Heck, it takes a long time for Quinn to even open up and actually respond to her teasing and flirtation. But by the time it was finished I couldn't see my warrior with anyone else, even after the "incident". The two of them just FIT together, shrug. Oh, and he provides perhaps the best kiss scene in the game, hehe.

I'm waiting for Legacy to be fully implemented before trying out some other romance arcs. I'd really like to play through Aric Jorgan's romance with a female Trooper, but I've avoided it in the hopes of getting some more varied character creation options on that toon, for instance. In the meantime, I'm touching on the IA story and generally enjoying myself.

So far I have completed 3 romances in the game. Ranking them when it comes to how natural they are is going to be kind of tough though.

1. JK/Kira- Of the three I have done this is easily the best. It is well done in most regards and I think it comes accross as the most natural.

2.SW/Vette- I really did not like this one. At one point Vette asked me why my character liked her.....and the truthful response would have been because she was my only option. Even playing my SW LSed it just felt off to me. I'd probably say that towards the end it was ok, but towards the beginning it just felt random.

3. JC/Nadia- Oh god this one. It is a train wreck on multiple levels and I feel compelled to laugh when remembering it. It really needed to be fleshed out more and starting in Chapter 3 did not do it any favors.

Currently I am do the SI/Ashara romance. It isn't too bad but the SI in Ashara's conversations seems to be a completely different character than the one in the rest of the conversations in the game. I mean I only get a sane response to things once every other conversation as a SI yet I am actually able to have a normal covnersation when talking to Ashara. More of a compalint about the general SI writing than the Ashara romance, but the difference is quite jarring for me.

<snip> 3 of my companions who are not yet maxed.

You need to buy more gifts then! :p Accross my four characters I currently have 17 characters at max with one around 9k and one that I just recruited yesterday at 0.

I've played female JK and SI, spectated husband's male RT and BH, and have spoilered myself for a few others on YouTube.

I thought the character development that Doc underwent in the JK romance was fun and unexpected. If you don't want to space him for being so socially inept right off the bat, you'll probably be amused as things progress. I wish the Knight got him earlier in their story- I think the romance might feel more natural, timeline-wise, that way.

Andronikos, I felt, had less of a "story arc" evident in the romance than Doc did, but I appreciated the pacing being better because of having picked him up earlier. I think I'd've liked to see the theme of cagey-mistrustful-space-pirate built on a little bit more. He fell for my Sorc awfully quickly.

Jorgan and F!Trooper is an interesting one- very slow to start despite Aric being a beginner companion, but there are a lot of solid story/character reasons for that to be the case. I'm tooling around with fanfic where I ship Aric with female!Consular because her built-in romance with Iresso feels like the dialogue was written by George Lucas in the worst way.

seen a few

corso is adorable <3

quinn is rewarding when he finally caves in ( was my fave till i saw spoilers on my bf's SW)

vector... well i have an unhealthy obsession with him. DEM PHEREMONES

jorgan is quite fitting for his class... and despite other people's complaints, i love the nose kissies. i owned a macho, gentlemanly, epicly awesome orange cat, and he gave the best nose kissies ever.

doc.... hell naw

torian... so cute, but the sweet talking in mandalore is ...akward. is it true if i dont hit him or mako up, theyl hit each other up? my fem bh might just wait till they release more companions, if so.

Heck, it takes a long time for Quinn to even open up and actually respond to her teasing and flirtation. But by the time it was finished I couldn't see my warrior with anyone else, even after the "incident". The two of them just FIT together, shrug. Oh, and he provides perhaps the best kiss scene in the game, hehe.

Which one are you referring to, the first one, the one where he finally caves and grabs you, or the one where you grab him by the collar?

But between the FemTrooper, FemWar and Female JC, the JC was probably the least enjoyable out of the bunch.

Which one are you referring to, the first one, the one where he finally caves and grabs you, or the one where you grab him by the collar?

But between the FemTrooper, FemWar and Female JC, the JC was probably the least enjoyable out of the bunch.

I agree with that. I wasn't real fond of Iresso to begin with, but it felt forced. I like the romance with Doc, same with Andronikus, and like another poster said, the romance with Jorgan (Trooper) was slow to start, but was actually kind of sweet and yet passionate at the same time.

Also, the most "casual" relationship so far is Agent/Kaliyo. That one is a lot of fun, actually. At least she isn't a "Jump in the sack on the first date" kinda girl. She, like Kira, waited for the second "date". :D

Remember when you ask her "I want to hear you say three simple words you've never actually said?" And then she says, "You'reseriousyou'renotseriouswecancallthisoffyouknow!"

SO CUTE :p:D:)

Kaliyo is just great through and through, isnt she just charming when you stand with you'r blaster aimed at the head of some poor criminal/target when in their house starting to interrogate them and she says , Hey, I'll check what they have in the kitchen...Yep, a drink after this would make my day love :cool: Edited by gaskull

Remember when you ask her "I want to hear you say three simple words you've never actually said?" And then she says, "You'reseriousyou'renotseriouswecancallthisoffyouknow!"

SO CUTE :p:D:)

that redeemed every bad quality of kaleiyo ever displayed right there.

we need to have like daily/weekly events with ALL companions. maybe small decrease in affection if you neglect them for X ammount of actual playtime ( so people dont get penalised for vacations and such)

i still don't know if i acidentally called things off with vector

after blatantly sleeping with that voss...IN FRONT OF HIM XD

i got no affection down,... but you dont get affection down from ending things with kaleiyo ether, then again it was storyline based, and not companion conflict.

he just follows me around now, stands there and gives me odd looks when i dance naked in the fleet, kills things for me, gets annoyed like everyone else when i poketalk him too much.... like nothing ever happened

vector, my honeybee, you wrote to me you can acess every vivid detail of a woman joiner's memories, yet you haven't figured out i have emotional needs?!

that redeemed every bad quality of kaleiyo ever displayed right there.

we need to have like daily/weekly events with ALL companions. maybe small decrease in affection if you neglect them for X ammount of actual playtime ( so people dont get penalised for vacations and such)

i still don't know if i acidentally called things off with vector

after blatantly sleeping with that voss...IN FRONT OF HIM XD

i got no affection down,... but you dont get affection down from ending things with kaleiyo ether, then again it was storyline based, and not companion conflict.

he just follows me around now, stands there and gives me odd looks when i dance naked in the fleet, kills things for me, gets annoyed like everyone else when i poketalk him too much.... like nothing ever happened

vector, my honeybee, you wrote to me you can acess every vivid detail of a woman joiner's memories, yet you haven't figured out i have emotional needs?!

Hey, cut the guy some slack. In addition to the fact that he's a GUY (taking one for the team here) and is extremely dense between the ears, He hasn't been in a non-killik relationship in how long before you???? :D

Hey, cut the guy some slack. In addition to the fact that he's a GUY (taking one for the team here) and is extremely dense between the ears, He hasn't been in a non-killik relationship in how long before you???? :D

i guess... i mean it's a no brainer between joiners what the other one wants at that moment.

but i still wish there was more post-marriage content rather than a few line tweaks in the final companion arc dialogue.

i guess... i mean it's a no brainer between joiners what the other one wants at that moment.

but i still wish there was more post-marriage content rather than a few line tweaks in the final companion arc dialogue.

Did you play Dragon Age: Origins? At the pinnacle of romance with Leliana, you get the option to say "Let's go to bed" whenever you're in camp. Kiss her and FTB. I'd be happy with something like that here. Doable once per day or something. Well, with Kira or Kaliyo about 5 - 10 times per day. >.>

Edited by Captain_Zone