DPS for meter users?

tolaez

So I'm wondering what peoples DPS on the fleet droids is. So sit there and wack at the fleet droid for a few minutes and say what your dps is.

Buffed?

Stim?

Approx gear level and type?

Spec?

Of course there's going to be a lot of variables and most of this data will probably end up being useless but it could be interesting ;)

So I'm wondering what peoples DPS on the fleet droids is. So sit there and wack at the fleet droid for a few minutes and say what your dps is.

Buffed?

Stim?

Approx gear level and type?

Spec?

Of course there's going to be a lot of variables and most of this data will probably end up being useless but it could be interesting ;)

Based on some initial testing (3+ 5 min cycles per spec) on lv 50 non-Ops, non-WZ dummy...

Unnatural Might

Rakata Might Stim

Rakata Power Adrenal

Columi main (pow/surge enhancement)/off/head/body/hands/legs/feet(pow/surge)/bracer

Tionese belt

Rakata ear

Hawkeye Nano-Optic Might Package x2 w/ STR augs

Matrix Cube

Champ power relic (wtb daily comms)

Annihilation (31/7/3, strongly considering replacing 2 points in Malice with 2 points in Ravager... would drop Defensive Roll but very useful for PVE HMs)

Carnage (5/34/2)

No adrenal/relic:

Annihilation - 1350-1400 DPS

Carnage - 1150-1250 DPS

Adrenal/relic/1 bloodthirst:

Annihilation - 1450-1500 DPS

Carnage - 1200-1350 DPS

I will readily admit that I am not as practiced with Carnage spec, and can probably do more to optimize gear/spec/priority to squeak out more DPS. That said, I think the numbers will be closer in actual encounters depending on the situation and melee uptime. With lower uptime, Annihilation will pull away by miles (with 100% uptime, 37-40% of damage comes from bleeds, and that is "safer" damage as uptime drops, since applying and maintaining bleeds isn't as time-sensitive as Gore window). With higher uptime, Carnage can exploit Gore to burst like crazy, especially on tougher targets.

Edited by Omophorus

Does your calculations factor in Armor Penetration and Cloak of Pain and Gore? Remember gore gives you like 6 seconds of 100% Armor Pen... follow with your biggest melee attacks, like ravage and massacre... Deadly Throw is also a big damage ability too. Force Scream if you shoot right auto crits, etc...

Not sure if this matter, Massacre has a cool down of instant and can be done on the run as well.

Does your calculations factor in Armor Penetration and Cloak of Pain and Gore? Remember gore gives you like 6 seconds of 100% Armor Pen... follow with your biggest melee attacks, like ravage and massacre... Deadly Throw is also a big damage ability too. Force Scream if you shoot right auto crits, etc...

Not sure if this matter, Massacre has a cool down of instant and can be done on the run as well.

Calculation was from parser, so no calculation.

And yes, every time I popped gore it was either paired up with Berserk Massacre spam with a Force Scream at the end, or Ravage > Scream with a Massacre right before Gore.

You need to hit the ops dummy. On the regular I hit 1650 for anni.

On the ops dummy(in ship) im getting right around 1420(with stim and self buff - without adrenal/relic/bloodthirst).

Im in full rakata as well as changed out most of the enhancements for lvl58 acc/crit. Using 140lvl proc trinket and matrix cube. Ear/Implants are experts with sockets.

As for real boss fight: New denova raid, first boss kill(normal) I was doing 967dps. Which was above all other dps by 60(closest was merc).

Edited by awildcannon

You need to hit the ops dummy. On the regular I hit 1650 for anni.

On the ops dummy(in ship) im getting right around 1420(with stim and self buff - without adrenal/relic/bloodthirst).

Im in full rakata as well as changed out most of the enhancements for lvl58 acc/crit. Using 140lvl proc trinket and matrix cube. Ear/Implants are experts with sockets.

As for real boss fight: New denova raid, first boss kill(normal) I was doing 967dps. Which was above all other dps by 60(closest was merc).

Screens?

Full buffed, BM geared, Adrenal/Bloodthirst/Relics

Tested on regular training dummy

All specs were tested 3 times, I took the average of every spec. And every fight was 250 sec.

(all CD's were up when testing)

Annihilation = 1750 dps

Carnage = 1550 dps

Rage = 1500 dps

Edited by WokeSmeed

Whoa, I must be doing something amazing! I pulled 1690~ DPS with Rage in a 15 minute duration (didn't SS it). Switched to Anni and pulled 1900+.

Self buff only. No activatable relics (matrix cube and lightning pillar lol not the best). Fully Rakata heavily modded except for BM accessories. Far from optimal IMO. I could probably squeeze a lil' more juice if I switched a bunch of stuff around. Will post later.

pic

Edit: Someone told me the 2 dummies are different (one for PVP, one for PVE). Dunno which one's which. Pulling 1700+ on the MK-5 target. >.>

Edit 2: Double fail...turns out the first target I was hitting was a level 10...

Edit 3: Triple fail...pulling only 1600+ on the OPERATION dummy

Edited by Swarna

Don't know which one at the fleet, but boss/pvp dummies at the ship are different and boss is more tough.

I guess pvp dummy count expertise.

Yes the boss' are much tougher 1407.52DPS in a 7 min fight as carnage mara.

Edited by NotSevv

Well I only got to run my parser for the last fight of the raid today. Warlord Kephess story mode:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/kephess.jpg/

912.99 overall, a bit over 2400 peak. the fights have a bit of low points like a huge delay where the warlord dropped down and the bomb spawned. I think I can improve a fair bit by just improving time on things and getting used to the fight. edit(and improving force scream usage).

Carnage spec.

Edited by Carbonated

Screens?

Screens for which part of that?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd223/nonnac7/Zoth_TornKill.jpg?t=1334531613

^ Is the log for the kill. I'm looking for the MOX raid parser we had but I think my raid leader deleted or took it down or something. He isn't online atm so I can't ask him where it went to.

The Mox raid parser had me at 967 but this is saying 952, either way its close and I was still above the others.

This was in 8m normal

Edited by awildcannon

I'm a Republic player but you guys are much more competitive.. so i'll post here with you lot lol

Sentinel (Carnage)

still need to upgrade from my champion belt and columi bracers.. and my tionese grade gloves but here is my parse.

1589 damage on the boss dummy

http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=combat_2012-04-18_16_26_19_786132.txt

Edited by CivicTiger

I think this posting I found in the operative forum from a BW employee is pretty interesting and should be reposted here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4039844#edit4039844

I wanted to pop in and say two things:

First, I appreciate threads like this, and good job for putting it together.

Second, please be careful using training dummies for DPS tests and comparisons. As contrary to our intentions as it is, training dummies are not as of yet the fully reliable DPS testing resource we want them to be. This is because they cannot dodge or deflect attacks at the moment.

For Operatives, that fact doesn't have much of an impact. However, if you're going to look at Marauder and Sentinel DPS numbers and go "wow, we're nowhere near that," keep in mind that they gain a significant benefit from attacking a target that cannot defend due to their dual wield mechanic. Targets with a 0% defense chance will take significantly more offhand strikes from dual wielders than is typical.

On the subject of training dummy dodge and deflect, we have a fix for it that will show up in a weekly patch in the near future (don't know when off the top of my head). So, keep up the cool thread, but keep a level head about dual wielders on training dummies. :)

SO be mindful that the Ops dummy is not gonna give anything close to reality when it comes to actual boss fights. Your off-hand always hits the dummy.

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/IfvtY.jpg

Spec: Annihilation; clicky

Time length: 505.35seconds (8:42 mins)

Dmg Done: 725k

DPS: 1435.7

Target: Operation Training Dummy

EDIT: A second test, without using Scream in my rotation and more Vicious Slash usage proved I did more DPS

http://i.imgur.com/GoBu2.jpg test 2

EDIT 2: Did a Carnage test, this was the spec. Image below on my dps:

http://i.imgur.com/QafCj.jpg

EDIT 3: Did a Rage test, this was the spec. Image below on my dps:

http://i.imgur.com/jKSex.jpg

Annihilation is pulling ahead according to my numbers.

Edited by Daystarr