Game Fails to Run

Kyvrn

I just got a brand new 60 day Subscription last night. I booted the game up and had a slow startup but managed to get in the game. Shut the game down for the night and went to bed. Tried to boot the game up again today and it fails to run every time. Sometimes it fails on the first loading screen and just goes to a black screen, if I click on the screen a pop-up appears saying this program has stopped working. Close or wait. Sometimes It gets passed that loading screen and makes it to the character selection, After picking my character it goes to a loading screen for 1 second then switches to a black screen. If I wait, nothing happens, if I click the screen, the same pop up for this program has stopped working shows up again. I tried to start the game several times today and no luck. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it still won't work. I updated my PC this morning so wondering if that might be the issue. Is anyone else having this issue trying to get into the game. I'm pretty upset since the game was working perfectly with decent loading times a few months ago when I was playing before and during the onslaught update. And now It won't work at all, and after I just spent money for 60 days of subscription.

I haven't had trouble logging in or playing. Also haven't seen any other reports of this issue so it seems like maybe your PC is having issues rather than the game. It's hard to say just like that without much information but I would also like to know what you mean with updating your PC. Did you get new hardware or just update Windows?

Maybe you have an old graphics card that's not hacking it anymore? On that thought, have you tried to play any other online games? You know, to see if it's just SWTOR that's having issues. Maybe your PC needs a cleaning and is overheating because the fans are blocked or something... could be lots of things I guess.

Edited by Tsillah

When you say you "updated" your PC, was that just a Windows update, or did you actually update your drivers? If it was just a Windows update, go to the website of your PC or motherboard maker and get all the latest drivers.
Yeah a windows update sorry, I'll check the drivers.

I haven't had trouble logging in or playing. Also haven't seen any other reports of this issue so it seems like maybe your PC is having issues rather than the game. It's hard to say just like that without much information but I would also like to know what you mean with updating your PC. Did you get new hardware or just update Windows?

Maybe you have an old graphics card that's not hacking it anymore? On that thought, have you tried to play any other online games? You know, to see if it's just SWTOR that's having issues. Maybe your PC needs a cleaning and is overheating because the fans are blocked or something... could be lots of things I guess.

I'll check all this stuff out, thanks!

np, it's just some thoughts. I would also advise you to check what Owenbrooks posted. He's more of an expert than I'll ever be ;)

None of the stuff I tried yesterday worked, gonna look at that link and see what I can do.