Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando heals gimp?

NeverRose
06.17.2012 , 12:46 PM | #21
In terms of PvP, commandos are trash in competetive enviroment.
It doesn't feel, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
l Sphinx l l ToFN l
l Eria l l Shadow l

The_Old_One
06.18.2012 , 12:53 AM | #22
Commando healers are not gimp in pvp. I have seen some good ones even though they are getting rarer these days.

They suffer more than the others in terms of resource management and mobility. Operative seems to be better because they do not suffer as much, or as apparent.

Sorc has similar problems too. But they can mitigate them by bubbles, 2 self-casting HoTs (one instant; one has casting time but you still get some healing done even though the casting is interrupted), 2 snares, 1 stun, 1 hold, force speed (for running away or to your friends), HP-sacrificing resource top up (not as good as Diagnostic Scan but it does fine with talents), and interrupt.

Commando has to make do with less.

Chanamel
06.18.2012 , 10:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Old_One View Post
Commando healers are not gimp in pvp. I have seen some good ones even though they are getting rarer these days.

Commando has to make do with less.
These two sentences essentially self-refute your first.

The_Old_One
06.19.2012 , 08:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Chanamel View Post
These two sentences essentially self-refute your first.
What are you on about?

Trevalion
06.19.2012 , 05:19 PM | #25
I play a mando healer strictly for pvp.
I have had this discussion (about taking a mando healer into a ranked wz) and I am really on the fence about it. My initial reaction is, yeah taking a mando healer would be a waste of a slot. However, discussing this with others in my guild has given me new perspectives on it.

Straight up heal spec (31/10/0) I always get lower total heal numbers than the sage and scoundrels I run guild pre mades with, but when I offer to play a different role everyone always tells me no.

Here is why. I (in my WH gear) can tank 2 dps for a long time while still giving my dps partner enough heals AND extra dps to burn down THEIR healer and thus reduce their dps (ex: fighting on a node in alderaan or denova, tying up a door for voidstar, holding mid in huttball). If I have a tank partner with me, we can tank 6-8 people for about 30 seconds, sometimes quite a bit longer if the stars align and my cooldowns are up. I guess that the only utility I bring besides my healing is I have some significant dps and I am very tanky in my heal spec. AOE dps to pressure and single target to help focus/burst a called target (from range mind you, I can pop out from behind the pillar when the target is called and help burn them from 30 meters). Apparently people who team up with me like the tankiness and dps capacity.

The other thing that people tell me makes my lower heal numbers worthwhile is that a significant portion of my healing is single-target. This may actually seem like a downside, and it kind of is when I am solo healing a wz. Even though I am not getting the AOE heals, I am still putting up respectable (300k+) single target heals in an alderaan or denova. I have broken 500k once in voidstar. I know, those numbers seem pretty paltry when compared to the awesome heals of a scoundrel or sage. They are the main reason I choke when thinking about taking my mando into ranked as a healer. Raw numbers don't lie. The numbers at the end of the warzone all represent mitigation. Single target or AOE. BUT people do tell me that the single target heals keep them alive when the AOE heals just dont have enough umph to do it. I'ts hard for me to see it from where I am, but there it is.

Sure, I can die if focused by 3 people pretty fast unless I get a peel, but I have way more survivability than equally geared sages. That is good because I have to stand still to heal effectively.

Scoundrels are on par survivability wise, but for different reasons. They are incredibly mobile and can put out lots of heals while moving about.

TLDR : Commando can put out worthwhile single target healing in PVP and still brings good pressure and burst DPS to the table. Commando healers are hard to kill when well geared and working with a team.

Oscibi
06.19.2012 , 05:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by spookyBen View Post
Commando heals arent weak. Im a gunnery spec and in a blackhole daily, my group's healer got locked out by a forcefield summoning when the boss fight started, and then I off-healed our tank and none of us died.
gx you healed an easy boss that you dont need a healer for... now **** unless your a mando healer
JediDuckling
this is how you play a pyrotech find your target, throw the bomb you get from unlocking at 31 points in pyrotech, grapple, flame burst, rail shot, Dead target.

darthsasha
06.21.2012 , 12:47 PM | #27
Many people can solo Black Hole heroic with a healing companion. Well i am soloing it on my sentinel without any problems.

Commando healers really need a better ammo regeneration ability on lower cooldown.