Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gradual Ammo Usage Idea

WaddletonMcQuack
06.15.2012 , 05:36 PM | #11
As someone who writes code for a living I can sum up your paragraph as nonsense. And it's not a suggestion for one ability, it's all abilities, it's just that this effects commandos more than anyone else since there ammo break points are so huge compared to ammo capacity.

azhrione
06.15.2012 , 09:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WaddletonMcQuack View Post
As someone who writes code for a living I can sum up your paragraph as nonsense. And it's not a suggestion for one ability, it's all abilities, it's just that this effects commandos more than anyone else since there ammo break points are so huge compared to ammo capacity.
Appeal to authority fallacy. While I question your statement that you "write code for a living", I will give you the benefit of the doubt would have you bear the burden of proof in describing in detail not only why this is "easy to code" but why what I said was nonsense. I have been doing large application design and development for the better part of fifteen years. I wouldn't hire anyone who says, "Making this major change into the underlying code of our in production application is easy."

Your suggestion would require re-balancing costs for every single class in the game, it's silly.

oaceen
06.16.2012 , 04:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by azhrione View Post
Your suggestion would require re-balancing costs for every single class in the game, it's silly.
pretty much this is what i thought when i read the proposal.

The_Old_One
06.18.2012 , 02:55 AM | #14
Ammo consumption is a bit harsh at the moment.

The simplest way, in my mind at least, is to: 1) increase the regeneration by a bit; or, 2) reduce cooldown of Recharge Cell and add some more benefit to Cell Capacitor.

Commando uses up their ammo too quickly. I suppose otherwise they may be too op. But when the ammo count drops below certain point, which can be fast, the regen rate suffers too. I think the latter part annoys people the most.

NeverRose
06.21.2012 , 03:45 AM | #15
Also, turn 12 ammo cells into 100 ammo cells and rebalance the cost of abilities. It would be easier to tweak it too.

Atm,. changing cost of one ability by -1/+1 is very significant.

It's quite funny though. MP cost is 3, so thats 25% of commando's resources. It's as if sage's heals would cost 150 force per use (not to mention linear regeneration ;E)
It doesn't feel, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
l Sphinx l l ToFN l
l Eria l l Shadow l