Why Part 2: Schön Ihr CM's Eric&Co.

Leonalis

Ich hab eben World of Warcraft angeschaut:

Das Spiel hat ja schon richtig viele lokalisierungen in diversen Sprachen.

US- English Forum

US- Spanish Forum

US- Portugisisch

EU- Deusch

EU- English

EU- Spanish

EU- Französisch

EU- Italienisch

EU- Portugisisch

EU- Russisch

Asien- Korea

Asien- Taiwan

Asien China

Asien English

Und wir feuern unsere CM's in den Fremdsprachen :rolleyes:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ich glaube ja, dass sich BW vom Standort Irland zurückzieht und die Dienstleistungen in Austin zentralisiert.

I believe that BW is closing the Irish subsidiary and is centralizing services in Austin.

Edited by DerTaran

Seriously, why bother to record the ENTIRE GAME in French and German only to leave their communities to rot :rak_02:

Also, I could understand asking people to post in English if the game was only available in English but obviously it's not (as a quick search on youtube will show you).

Edited by Blackholeskipper

die Französischen und die Deutschen User schreiben hier weil es in den entsprechenden Communitys keinen Ansprechpartner mehr gibt für die User und weil eben diese User halt nicht Tagelang auf Neuigkeiten oder Antworten warten wollen .

ich gebe dir Recht es gibt SWTOR in German and French es gibt aber keinen entsprechenden CM mehr für diese Community s der sich die Fragen anhört und beantwortet und genau für diesen Support ist EA / BW zuständig den sicher zu stellen . Den sonst hätte das Spiel nicht in diesen genannten Sprachen veröffentlich werden dürfen .

It will be interesting to see, if they did the recordings for Makeb in German and French as well or if they saved these costs as well? If they did, they will see a huge drop in subscribers for France and Germany.

Edit: I did replace English with German in the first sentence.

Edited by DerTaran

It will be interesting to see, if they did the recordings for Makeb in English and French as well or if they saved these costs as well? If they did, they will see a huge drop in subscribers for France and Germany.

Yea, it really makes you wonder if they bit off more than they could chew. If they make more class storylines after Makeb, they'll have to translate those as well. That's an insane number of voice actors! Can they finish what they started or will they continue making the game in English only? hmm... Maybe it would have been better the game in one language from the beginning and focus more on quality instead of quantity. Now there isn't even a community manager for the other languages. Still enjoying the game though.

Was sagen die Deutsch sprechenden?

Edited by Blackholeskipper

It will be interesting to see, if they did the recordings for Makeb in English and French as well or if they saved these costs as well? If they did, they will see a huge drop in subscribers for France and Germany.

Hey DerTaran,

Makeb is absolutely localized in French and German just like the rest of the game.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

Yea, it really makes you wonder if they bit off more than they could chew. If they make more class storylines after Makeb, they'll have to translate those as well. That's an insane number of voice actors! Can they finish what they started or will they continue making the game in English only? hmm... Maybe it would have been better the game in one language from the beginning and focus more on quality instead of quantity. Now there isn't even a community manager for the other languages. Still enjoying the game though.

Was sagen die Deutsch sprechenden?

If they do have voice actors for other languages then I think they have. It seems silly to do this. Yes it would be great if you can afford it. Nothing wrong with picking a language. There can always be subtitles. It would be like watching a foreign movie. It's not all bad, you get used to it. If I watch Anime, I watch it in Japanese, and read the subtitles. You lose a lot of the effect when you move languages. Doesn't feel right.

Das Spiel ist nun mal Französisch und Deutsch erhältlich also hat es ein entsprechendes Community Team zu geben für jede der genannten sprachen . Die CM sind durchaus kein Privileg sondern ein muß die haben da zu damit die jeweilige Community sich in ihrer Sprache an BW wenden kann und genau das stellt BW nicht mehr sicher .

Den hier wird eindeutig zu lassten der Französischen und Deutschen Community entschieden und es wird erwartet das man es Hinnimmt das es ab jetzt so ist . Diese Art von verhalten schafft nur verdruss bei den entsprechenden Community s . Die einzige wirklich zufriedenstellende Lösung wäre das beide Teams wieder eingestellt werden sp das auch vorschläge wieder direkt an BW rangetragen werden können und das der Informationaustausch wieder da ist zwischen BW und den beiden Community s.

If they do have voice actors for other languages then I think they have. It seems silly to do this. Yes it would be great if you can afford it. Nothing wrong with picking a language. There can always be subtitles. It would be like watching a foreign movie. It's not all bad, you get used to it. If I watch Anime, I watch it in Japanese, and read the subtitles. You lose a lot of the effect when you move languages. Doesn't feel right.

Hey, that is actually a pretty awesome solution! Just use subtitles! I also watch foreign vids/anime with subtitles (and most dubbing I've come across really sucks...I've also seen movies dubbed in German...meh). Though at this point the German and French players would probably be pissed off since they played the rest of the game in their native languages but it's a viable way to cut costs! Should have done that since the beginning, might be too late now.

Hey DerTaran,

Makeb is absolutely localized in French and German just like the rest of the game.

Hope to see you soon on the French forum to tell us things in French made in Google translation. With the usual bad translations, wrong informations, wrong dates, etc. as you use to do. I'm very glad cause I know it will be more often now that we lose Tony...

And we really appreciate your messages without any sense to tell us things 2 weeks after the EN community.

:mad:

(Yeah my English is bad, but it's far better than your French !!! )

Sorry to hear this.

Learning English - while it may be considered by each individual as a personal pursuit to increase their own knowledge and better themselves - is not an appropriate answer officially in this situation - after all this game is sold and is marketed for French, English and German.

If I had to guess: Money. I have the impression that Bioware/EA tries to cut down on costs so they have more financial resources for other parts of the game.

Hmmm maybe.

However, after seeing how well written the content for the Ilum event was and how well designed the rewards, compared to previous content & events like the Rakghoul plague or even flashpoints like Maelstrom Prison or Kaon under Siege, I suspect otherwise.

I suspect cost cutting measures are seen as prudent moves in this economy and although twenty CM's annual salary is less than one executive's bonus, they chose to cut that which makes the most sense to reduce and preserve that which will bring the most benefit to their customers - we all know players benefit more from keeping the decision makers happy than from receiving timely customer support in their own language. :rak_04:

Hey DerTaran,

Once upon a time I was told that DragonAge 2 should become awesome...

Then it was all map recycling and nearly no replayability, becoause most of the choices don't matter.

(Perhaps another Part of Bioware, but still Bioware)

Then I was told that Mass Effect 3 should be awesome, a worthy final to the series with multiple endings.

Then all what mattered was the number of points you had and the only question was if you want your galaxy explode in red, green or blue.

(Perhaps another Part of Bioware, but still Bioware)

Later I was told, that the CE-version of the game comes with a vendor with regularly changing offers.

Up to now there was only one change, the Tauntaun. That's not what I understand as regularly. If I'd pay my subscription with that regularity, I'd have been most of the time a no-subscriber or a F2P-player.

Also I was told that SW:ToR would never become F2P...

Well... We see, where we are. Perhaps not the worst decision with the card you had on your hand, but still ab broken promise.

Once Makeb was announced as one of the biggest free content patches in MMO-history.

Now it's a rather small add-on you have to pay for.

Now you tell us that the Add-on will be localized...

I can only speak for myself, but I reached a point where I only believe you what I can clearly see in the game itself. Not on the PTS, not in postings, not on fansites, only what's IN the game.

And the decision to drop the German and French CM smells for me a bit to much. I guess that long term plans are to reduce the foreign language support. Perhaps to zero. Only a few days ago I sent in a support ticket. I asked if companions not be able to wear reputation gear is a bug or a design desition. The answer was no answer. Instead I recieved the Info that my report was forwarded and that I could check here if it's a known bug. I play on a German server. I play with German client. I wrote the ticket in German. And while the answer was still German, the only option to get the information I wanted was a link in the English forums.

You know, there's a fairy tale

Once upon a time, a boy was send to care for the sheep on the meadows above the village, where the villagers can's see a wolf coming. All the boy had to do was to guard the flock and call for help if the wolf approachs.

Due to boredom, he began to call as if the wolf approachs. He did it once, he did twice, he did it up to five times. Everytime all the villagers hurried to help him and everytime he mocked at them.

Finally a wolf smelled the sheep. Slowly he came nearer and nearer. When the boy saw him, he started to shout: "Help, the wolf, he's coming!" But this time, the villageres didn't believe him. They continued their work in the village...

Finally the recogbice the boy had stopped to scream. In the evening the next guard walked to the flock. All he found were some scared sheep and a big pool of blood...

If the german or the french part in this forum will closed, this game would be dying. German and French, especialy european communitys are stronger than their US or UK Part.

@US-Players: You'll see it ;)

Bw/EA will loose very much money, when European Abos would be quitted.

Oder auf Deutsch: Das Schiff sinkt langsam, aber stetig! ;)

Edited by Schattenfluegel

I'm afraid the game will be not translate in german and french after Makeb...

As a french i read and understand quite good english... But "quite" is far from fluently.

With the poor subtitles translation we will get, i'm afraid to not perfectly understand the cinematics or even the quests.

I can make the effort, but i'm afraid the french who are not good in languages would not do the same.

Sorry, I understand and read quite good, but I'm not good in writing :p

Edited by Odrane

I'm afraid the game will be not translate in german and french after Makeb...

As a french i read and understand quite good english... But "quite" is far from fluently.

With the poor subtitles translation we will get, i'm afraid to not perfectly understand the cinematics or even the quests.

I can make the effort, but i'm afraid the french who are not good in languages would not do the same.

Sorry, I understand and read quite good, but I'm not good in writing :p

They've only taken away a CS staff member, unless they fire more people it shouldn't affect Makeb.

They've only taken away a CS staff member, unless they fire more people it shouldn't affect Makeb.

He is not afraid about Makeb, a CM already confirmed it will be translated to French and German. His concerned are about the content delivered after Makeb.

Das ist doch... *insert insult here* zum kotzen... Mal ehrlich, dass war es... Nach einem Monat Makeb bin ich dann auch mal weg. Wer sich nicht mal um meine Sorgen und Probleme kümmern möchte in angemessenem Maße, der hat mein Geld auch nicht verdient!