Harry Potter, Helm's Deep, and Early Game Access

CBGB

QUOTE=JustTed;103992]What on Earth makes you think you're entitled to anything beyond what you agreed to?

You agreed to the following: between now and the 19th. That's what you're getting. You have absolutely no case whatsoever.

Im sorry dude this was a pretty mature well thought out topic before you decided to throw in your negativity. He didnt once say he was entitled to anything. What he did say made perfect sense to me and was voiced in a postive manner. So if you have nothing better to do then to post negative comments ive read enough topics today that im sure yours will fit in just fine there.

Edited by Gifts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see a post that is not only well thought out but also calm.

The rational people will always be rational in these situations... and the irrational with also be as their nature dictates, in my opinion...

I would have liked a notice in advance as to the date of my EGA start, the whole moving up from 5 to 7 days kind of messed with my plan of attack, however, there are plenty of things to occupy my waiting time with... Maybe this is because as an adult I have responsibilities some others do not. -- When I was younger, lived at home and had no job... I was bored... and boredom will breed nerd rage over simple things.

Anywho, thanks for the post.. was thoughtful, I enjoyed the imagery.

P.S. I <3 HP

Very well-articulated, OP. I believe the frustration in this community stems from Bioware being completely mum about...well, everything. There is no tentative schedule as to when people can expect to be getting in. There is no guarantee of the 5 days of EGA that was promised. All we have is the knowledge that all of the servers (or at least a great majority) are underpopulated and that no one will be getting in until tomorrow morning.

You can't tell people to be patient if they have knowledge that there is indeed room for them in the game.

I hope EA and Bioware read this one. It is the best post of the day, and it has been a long day.

The problem is that EA and Bioware are corporations and they really don't care about their customers or communication as long as they make money. They are not in it to make us happy satisfied customers, just to get our $14.99 a month.

Please EA/Bioware. I even hope that Lucas Arts is watching. Listen to this post. Listen to your customers. Do the right things by us and you will have our loyalty. Have you learned nothing from your mistakes? If you think that not extending the grace period is the right thing to do, then all is truly lost.

Lesson 2: communicate, even about delays. That doesn't mean Tweeting/Posting that you just sent more invites, since that doesn't help anyone know when to take off time from work or arrange to meet a friend in-game.

Announce the days for the next blocks of early game access. We'll wait, without wondering how much more we have to wait.

And how about Lesson 3, treating your customers well? That one is as simple as ever: reinstate the grace period.

While it's no grand tragedy to wait out a week, those waiting for physical delivery of the game, including all Collector's Edition players, naturally want to play with others they know who can.

The problem is so easy to avoid. Don't require game codes until Dec 30th.

Show your customers you respect not only their purchases but their time. We're not orcs - tell us exactly when we can play, and we'll be there.

While this post is very well-written and respectful, it is still woefully full of ignorance. You're basically telling Bioware what they should do while having absolutely no knowledge of how their company is run.

In order:

"Lesson" 2- It's extremely likely they don't know who is getting admitted each wave until they are in the process of actually putting the invites out for the day. You'll recall they released a bonus wave today. Bonus things generally aren't accounted for too far in advance.

"Lesson" 3- While I can't say why the grace period was pulled, the only logical assumption is that there was a reason for it. They certainly didn't do it to piss off their customers and get some laughs.

Also, anyone who takes time off work to play a game they don't own yet is an idiot.

1. I disagree. I could really care less about how I go about purchasing most goods. I just want to use the goods. I have to assume most people would agree with me.

2. I felt their communication was good. I used the web site to find the Dev Tracker. The Dev Tracker listed all of the information (I needed) regarding when you should expect to get in.

3. Are any of us more valuable than the other? No. So, the majority rules. I'd expect that a small percentage of the overall customers are unhappy with (insert complaint here).

Overall, I just don't quite understand how any of these "issues" are actually issues. I felt they presented their plans well, and now that they've let in a big chunk of players before the 15th, I'm even happier. That means we all have a better chance of getting in earlier than we all anticipated (prior to the very recent announcement that they were starting the EGA on the 13th).

Honestly... is it that hard to understand? Maybe they should replace the main page on swtor.com with a 50 pt, high contrasting font that explains exactly what they've already explained. That might to do the trick honestly.

Here's the Dev Tracker. Use it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=304

The problem is that EA and Bioware are corporations and they really don't care about their customers or communication as long as they make money. They are not in it to make us happy satisfied customers, just to get our $14.99 a month.

Think about this please for a moment...

If what you say is true... wouldn't their sole concern be a happy customer? Where do you think the saying 'The customer is always right' was born? A happy customer is a cash cow.

As a high level manager in a large telecommunications company, I love what the OP said. We spend millions trying to make the most customers not just satisfied but very satisfied.

This was an opportunity to do just that and Bioware squandered it.

While i am not whining about their decisions, I feel they were made to make you want to preorder immediately the next time a Bioware product comes out, when in fact what they make me want to do is not preorder at all.

As a high level manager in a large telecommunications company, I love what the OP said. We spend millions trying to make the most customers not just satisfied but very satisfied.

While i am not whining about their decisions, I feel they were made to make you want to preorder immediately the next time a Bioware product comes out, when in fact what they make me want to do is not preorder at all.

I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. What did they do to shake your confidence to such a high degree? I hope you don't work for AT&T.

Edited by daveytech

exactly. i too work in a similar field and we do this as well. good pr may not be the cheapest either, but the loss of $ goes waay beyond to cover the damage of bad pr

I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. What did they do to shake your confidence to such a high degree?

The frustration and disappointment conveyed on these forums is proof enough that confidence has been shaken. Consider what impression someone who was on the fence about this game would have if they visited these forums today? Would it be a positive impression? Or would the same opinion of disappointment ringing out poison their position towards purchasing this game?

Bioware had an extraordinary opportunity to generate goodwill from fans (as well as their respect) and impress potential customers but, alas, we see that this has not been the case.

I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. What did they do to shake your confidence to such a high degree? I hope you don't work for AT&T.

You don't think the next MMO to come out, some people will think "I better preorder right away" remembering how this one went? Then they can use your cash to pay for development.

I agree that your post is written very well but how can they tell people 'this is when you are getting your early access' and if some unforseen problem arises. They would have even more of an issue because they did tell you this is when you are getting on. People would be even more hysterical than they are now.

Everyone should go in to this expecting some problems and if there are none then all the better. What mmo launch has ever been smooth. They never said you will get early access. They said you may have up to 5 days. So why would anyone expect to get in on the first day or early at all for that matter. I think people should just be happy they are getting to play the game before the 20th.

I agree that your post is written very well but how can they tell people 'this is when you are getting your early access' and if some unforseen problem arises. They would have even more of an issue because they did tell you this is when you are getting on. People would be even more hysterical than they are now.

Everyone should go in to this expecting some problems and if there are none then all the better. What mmo launch has ever been smooth. They never said you will get early access. They said you may have up to 5 days. So why would anyone expect to get in on the first day or early at all for that matter. I think people should just be happy they are getting to play the game before the 20th.

Not very many MMO launches have been very smooth...but for some reason to me at least it makes a difference when i'm allowed to play even if servers may be down for a bit or its laggy for a little while. At least I know I could be playing and the dev's are doing all they can to get things up and running. I'm not being told its not my turn yet. And even if they told me I can play the 15th but then they had a problem and sent an email saying "we apologize but the date you can play has been pushed back" I'd be fine with that too since, well, I KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!!! We players aren't mushrooms, we need information.