SWTOR Holiday Update

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the warning about double xp so that I can be sure to unsubscribe before then. I really do not like being forced to participate in this and will avoid logging in during that time.

What sucked the most was when I had subscribed for a 6 month block and then had double xp weekends arrive. Customer service wasn't even able to cancel my account early. I did not care about the lost money. I just didn't want to be subscribed during double xp. I felt like I had wasted my money.

In short, I want to play during double xp weekends with the option to get not get any bonus xp from anything. I do not like being forced to participate in double xp weekends. I feel like no one listens though.

That's because you are the only one I have ever seen with this issue.

The majority of this game's development time has been to support PvE, what exactly is wrong with PvP getting some attention?

Nothing, In fact this x-pac gives me hope for an update of the PvE Space Combat. As someone who rarely PVPs due to an imbalance of both gear and experience this will give me a chance to PVP in a setting where most people are starting off on relatively equal footing (for subscribers atleast).

EDIT

What can we expect in terms of updating the crafting system? My main is at 450 Artifice and it seems to me that crafting is a waste of time unless you take BioChem. Not too mention with the release of all the unique looking crystals on the Cartel Market, the main attraction for Artifice is gone. As well the second best part of artifice was never the hilt but the relics you could craft. I was sad to see that we had not been given an updated relic to craft.

Edited by MasterPromithes

As Thanksgiving Season approaches, you are at the top of our list of things we are thankful for. We receive a lot of support from you, the players, and it’s really because of you that we are able to continue development on this game we love so much. We’d like to show a tiny measure of that thanks with a Double XP weekend starting November 27th and continuing through Thanksgiving Weekend until December 2nd.

Any chance you're still planning these, not seen a sign of them and it'd be a nice excuse to start a new character or pick up on an old one for some people.

Any chance you're still planning these, not seen a sign

Nope, they definitely canceled something they deliberately planned. I am so sorry that they have to re-confirm everything they say each week just so you can sleep well.

It will be as they say, until they say differently. When has that ever not been the case? :confused:

Oh that's cool, double xp right after the name purge sweet.

Isn't it pointless though, isn't double xp the same thing us subs get in rest xp.

Rest XP only applies to kills. Any other form of acquiring XP is, to the best of my knowledge, completely unaffected by rest XP... whereas Double XP disables Rest XP but simply doubles everything. It's a big deal, trust me... when you turn in the imperial H4 for Makeb and get over 100,000 XP... yeah, it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah ok thanks did not know that.

Allow me to make it even more clear: I've seen people go from level 1 to level 45 over the course of a Double XP weekend, and have confirmed they did so without cheating or botting anything.

It's that big a difference, because it STACKS with your Character Perks and XP consumable buffs.

Allow me to make it even more clear: I've seen people go from level 1 to level 45 over the course of a Double XP weekend, and have confirmed they did so without cheating or botting anything.

It's that big a difference, because it STACKS with your Character Perks and XP consumable buffs.

Yeah, it's a good way to level an alt quick if Endgame content is your... endgame :p

Some people don't like to level too fast, but it's a balance anyway. I mean, you do the planets, do class, do some PVP and get your FP dailies as you level... you would already vastly outlevel your planets by lvl 20. You need to find a compromise. But it also works if the planets bore you after the dozenth time you do them and you want to level just from PVP.

Personally my suggestion is for double XP tokens so that people can use it at times that suit them and not use it if they don't like it. I don't want to overlevel my planets as I am still working through achievements, so I will probably just spread double XP over my alts or play some Endgame (do some dailies or whatever) with my 55s.

I'm not sure why people get so upset about it, there's always a way to work it out without messing anything up.

No way, do these people not have lives?, Most I have gotten over a double xp weekend is 1 - 25, how the hell do you get to 45 in a couple of days?.

After multiple endgame toons you realize the tricks of the trade. Obviously things like exploration and class mission xp legacy boosts are essential, as well as plenty of consumable universal boosts. Areas like the approach to the shrine of healing on Voss is a great area for xp, there's a bunch of quests with bonus series's all in the same area.

I thought they don't stack during double xp.

The only thing that doesn't stack with Double XP is Rest XP. Double XP overrides it, making mob xp gains the same during double xp as not. Unless it's in a flashpoint with the legacy boost, or if you're using a consumable (since consumables are doubled too)

The only thing that doesn't stack with Double XP is Rest XP. Double XP overrides it, making mob xp gains the same during double xp as not. Unless it's in a flashpoint with the legacy boost, or if you're using a consumable (since consumables are doubled too)

Actually, this is what is confusing alot of people. Consubables are not doubled.

You get double from them effectively, but they are still not doubled.

On a normal day you would get the following if you completed a storyline mission with maximum legacy and a 25% xp boost consumable:

at 10.000xp points you would get 100% xp from the mission + 30% from legacy and +25% from consumable. That is 10.000 + 3.000 +2.500 = 15500xp.

On a double xp weekend that would be 200% xp from the mission +30% (of the base xp) and +25% (of base xp).

Meaning: 20.000 + 6.000 + 5.000 = 31.000xp.

Now, the problem some have is that they double the xp bonus from the consumables giving this calcluation:

200%xp from mission + 60%xp from legacy + 50%xp from booster.

Adding up to: 20.000 + 12.000 + 10.000 = 42.000xp.

That last calculation is wrong.

The only thing that is doubled duirng the double XP weekend is the base xp form missions and kills (and exploring and whatnot). The xp boosts from legacy and consumables are not doubled.

Actually, this is what is confusing alot of people. Consubables are not doubled.

You get double from them effectively, but they are still not doubled.

On a normal day you would get the following if you completed a storyline mission with maximum legacy and a 25% xp boost consumable:

at 10.000xp points you would get 100% xp from the mission + 30% from legacy and +25% from consumable. That is 10.000 + 3.000 +2.500 = 15500xp.

On a double xp weekend that would be 200% xp from the mission +30% (of the base xp) and +25% (of base xp).

Meaning: 20.000 + 6.000 + 5.000 = 31.000xp.

Now, the problem some have is that they double the xp bonus from the consumables giving this calcluation:

200%xp from mission + 60%xp from legacy + 50%xp from booster.

Adding up to: 20.000 + 12.000 + 10.000 = 42.000xp.

That last calculation is wrong.

The only thing that is doubled duirng the double XP weekend is the base xp form missions and kills (and exploring and whatnot). The xp boosts from legacy and consumables are not doubled.

"Consumables aren't doubled"

*shows that consumables are doubled*

Considering I was quoting Bioware...

Draw your own conclusion. :p