Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

Well, i always thought it was the guys always flirting and trying to get into the women's pants, i guess its not true at all. eh? lol

Seriously though, i have leveled up female and male characters and i have seen alot of flirt options as a Jedi Knight, i just haven't explored them, since i ma playing a pure lightside Jedi.

LoL well, as a female not just in the game. I can say without any hesitation yes we like to flirt. Not always do we take it any further than words but the opportunity being there would be nice. And being a strong independent woman doesnt mean u dont like to flirt once in a while. Bioware needs to hire a few real world woman to help them with their flirt script. If they dont have any women on staff that is.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the female Jedi characters, since only one of my Jedi is female. But my female Agent, Smuggler and Bounty Hunter have had several flirt options; I use the Smuggler's flirts anytime they pop up, and only use my Agent's sparingly, only if she absolutely needs to. I actually like to RP my bounty hunter as being an alpha *****, so I have her use the [flirt] options, followed by the super hostile dialogue to screw with them. Surprisingly, Mako was okay with it on a couple occasions. Edited by Sanguiluna

I agree, the female Sith Warrior is miserably starved for sex. You'd think FimmRess on Alderaan or Lord Draahg when you meet him or, well, somebody, but no.

For what it's worth, a) Quinn does a brilliant job of pretending not to care when you get your one chance to hit on somebody else in front of him; he gives zero affection loss and everything, and b) you don't have to coerce Quinn. He'll come around in time.

It just leaves the lady Sith Warrior as more of a space nun than the Consular for Acts 1-2.

I just headcanon everybody's too intimdated.

Makes me feel less lonely :(

Because we all know that women who flirt with men are all ***** or do it to get something. Yeah, I'm not being serious, but that's the general consensus, as facepalm worthy as it seems.

So putting flirts in for the sake of flirts would just cause an endless stream of "omg x, y and z classes are all *****!"

EDIT. That word filter is starting to really, really annoy me.

Edited by Jandi

I don't know about the female Jedi characters, since only one of my Jedi is female. But my female Agent, Smuggler and Bounty Hunter have had several flirt options; I use the Smuggler's flirts anytime they pop up, and only use my Agent's sparingly, only if she absolutely needs to. I actually like to RP my bounty hunter as being an alpha *****, so I have her use the [flirt] options, followed by the super hostile dialogue to screw with them. Surprisingly, Mako was okay with it on a couple occasions.

Yeah Smuggler's/Bounty Hunter's are the exception to the lack of flirt options rule maybe cuz in movie the smuggler was a roguish flirt lol.

• 1 month later...

[quote=

But then again, players have never been up in arms about how "loose" and "****ty" the male characters of a game are, so perhaps it's a desire not to step on a minefield by including too many flirt options and insinuating that female characters are apt to navigate across the galaxy on their backs.

But its OK if those same women have sex with other women and travel across the galaxy that way??? U are giving 3 options one doesnt have to choose the flirt option. Let us cut to the chase shall we the problem is inequality u r treating female players different than male players. If the man is offended by the flirt option he already has a choice the women are not even given one. As for the disparity of male to female players how do u expect to get more female players when they see that they are not valued and are not given as much as their male counter parts. I have already played as much of this games storyline as I care too I have no abition to follow the storylines for the empire cuz other than the sith inquisitor female the romance options are horrible. U have a choice between a psychopathic Quinn who pretends to care than tries to kill her like u would actually keep that in your bed. and a beardless boy toy for bounty hunter and finally the piece de resistance bug boy which creeps me out massively.

From the all the threads I am seeing here it seems there are no future plans for improving on the situation. I am a subscriber and I intend to change that. I guess that wont improve the disparity of male/female players but I have finally gotten to the pt where I dont really care.

Yes, absolutely. No, they won't change it. Oh, well. I find that playing three alternatives at a staggered levels is the way to gain emotional connection to the world and the characters in it. When one is suffering through 30 levels of Qyzen, the others are, well, luckier.

BTW, my Sith Warrior is not being offered anything in that regard either, by either females or males. Except in BH week... huh?

Edited by DomiSotto

• 1 year later...

We feel this is quite sexist and are very dissapointed that the males of the same class toon have more flirt options.

Yeah, this is so sexist! It's perpetrating the stereotype that men are all just animalstic idiots who just want sex all the time!

...THat's what you meant, right?

Agreed. The only female character (I'm female and play female characters) who have been able to flirt really is Agent at 4 people? Then again, most of those 3 are for control. The chiss guy though, I like him a lot. I would have LOVED to have him as an actual romance.

Agent-

1 guy when you first start who pretends to know you

1 guy I think you bribe? Only in game scene showing you next to someone (clothed but still)

Hot Chiss Guy who's name I can never remember

Hunter (at least until the end)

ends up being a girl

Inquisitor-

Sith boytoy

who dies

Smuggler-

Enemy guy with tattoo

you can kiss him then fade to black so I'm always confused if they actually did anything or just made out. Convo sounds like could have been either

Consular-

don't remember having any

Bounty Hunter-

I think there was one somewhere?

Warrior-

don't remember either

It sucks

I'm also not thrilled on our husbands choices

All the women romances are pretty neat characters who are pretty

The only ones I really like are- Vector (kinda creepy looking but awesome), Quinn (Yes I like Quinn), and Torian. Andro..is okay,,,Oh uh, THERON SHAN. Him too :D Really like him.

The other ones, just aren't all that interesting to me.

I'm also not thrilled on our husbands choices

All the women romances are pretty neat characters who are pretty

The only ones I really like are- Vector (kinda creepy looking but awesome), Quinn (Yes I like Quinn), and Torian. Andro..is okay,,,Oh uh, THERON SHAN. Him too :D Really like him.

The other ones, just aren't all that interesting to me.

If they only made M1-4X romancable...

Girl gamer's complain about not having enough flirt options for their female toons, and I think there are too many flirt options for male toon's. With the sheer number of flirt options for male toons, one might think Bioware believes men are pretty much dogs that want to ****everything.

Girl gamer's complain about not having enough flirt options for their female toons, and I think there are too many flirt options for male toon's. With the sheer number of flirt options for male toons, one might think Bioware believes men are pretty much dogs that want to ****everything.

No, no, no! ...We're just rapists, geez!

Agreed. The only female character (I'm female and play female characters) who have been able to flirt really is Agent at 4 people? Then again, most of those 3 are for control. The chiss guy though, I like him a lot. I would have LOVED to have him as an actual romance.

Agent-

1 guy when you first start who pretends to know you

1 guy I think you bribe? Only in game scene showing you next to someone (clothed but still)

Hot Chiss Guy who's name I can never remember

Hunter (at least until the end)

ends up being a girl

This one is kind of interesting though, because it kind of hints that she's some kind of schizophrenic. She talks about Hunter (the male side) as a different person, and she says that "he" was very much in love with the IA. So that was kind of interesting.

The IA does have a lot of encounters though, including some I don't remember. There is the Voss guy though to add to that list.

Inquisitor-

Sith boytoy

who dies

Yeah, this was kind of disappointing. I would have liked to run into him in the future.

Smuggler-

Enemy guy with tattoo

you can kiss him then fade to black so I'm always confused if they actually did anything or just made out. Convo sounds like could have been either

Skavek. Yeah, you sleep with him. You sleep with a LOT of people as smuggler, like the Agent.

Consular-

don't remember having any

She can have a one night stand with Tharan Cedrax, her companion, but he breaks it off with her because of his holo-girlfriend, Holiday.

Bounty Hunter-

I think there was one somewhere?

On Alderaan, you can instill a guy as a baron of some family, and he offers to marry you as a reward, so you get the cool title of "Duchess". He tells you that it's a marriage only in name of course. He doesn't want to have to marry anyone else, so you're a good excuse to not be able to do that.

Warrior-

You can have Pierce as a lover on the side, but he's not a serious romance. It's like a friends with benefits type thing.

The Republic Trooper can flirt with Jonas Balkar, but nothing comes of that. And I don't think there's any available for the Jedi Knight outside of Doc.

Edited by Yermog