Yet More Praise For SWTOR

Jett-Rinn

You can read the Reveiw from EGM Now here

But here is the TLDR

SUMMARY: One of the most ambitious and expensive game projects comes to fruition with Star Wars: The Old Republic. A fully realized MMORPG, The Old Republic proves that World of Warcraft doesn’t stand alone online. Best of all, the game is undeniably a BioWare production. The story progression for each class—eight in all—would make a respectable standalone game. Put together in this massive shell, it’s a revelation. Whether you’re an experienced MMORPG player looking for a new experience, a Star Wars fan wanting some solid role-playing action, or a newbie just looking for a great game, Star Wars: The Old Republic is worth your attention.

I'm sure the hate machine will say this review doesn't count either :rolleyes:..how many is that now 160...170 stellar reviews??? :)

But here is the TLDR

SUMMARY: One of the most ambitious and expensive game projects comes to fruition with Star Wars: The Old Republic. A fully realized MMORPG, The Old Republic proves that World of Warcraft doesn’t stand alone online. Best of all, the game is undeniably a BioWare production. The story progression for each class—eight in all—would make a respectable standalone game. Put together in this massive shell, it’s a revelation. Whether you’re an experienced MMORPG player looking for a new experience, a Star Wars fan wanting some solid role-playing action, or a newbie just looking for a great game, Star Wars: The Old Republic is worth your attention.

I'm sure the hate machine will say this review doesn't count either :rolleyes:..how many is that now 160...170 stellar reviews??? :)

that's great. so.. when are they gonna fix the game so people can play it?

But here is the TLDR

I was on board until he said huttball was his favorite...wait what?

But here is the TLDR

Biggest load of crap i have ever heard, if you're judging this game for it's story sure it's great but as an MMO it is pretty bad as of right now.

So for anyone saying their is nothing wrong and the game is running just fine try this. Turn on your FPS tracking and simply open your inventory or crafting menus. Now explain to me how a perfectly running game should drop anywhere from 10-20 fps by opening an inventory box? Game is not a complete waste or unsaveable, but it needs a lot of work. Ok so yea its an mmo they all suck when they first come out. Are we supposed to accept that ? I understand maybe 7-10 years ago mmos were still fairly new, but now its not acceptable to have so many problems and such a dead feeling game. Most of the people enjoying it right now havn't been end game for very long.

So for anyone saying their is nothing wrong and the game is running just fine try this. Turn on your FPS tracking and simply open your inventory or crafting menus. Now explain to me how a perfectly running game should drop anywhere from 10-20 fps by opening an inventory box? Game is not a complete waste or unsaveable, but it needs a lot of work. Ok so yea its an mmo they all suck when they first come out. Are we supposed to accept that ? I understand maybe 7-10 years ago mmos were still fairly new, but now its not acceptable to have so many problems and such a dead feeling game. Most of the people enjoying it right now havn't been end game for very long.

Most of the people enjoying it haven't been in end game at all, it's a complete disaster right now.

Most of the people enjoying it haven't been in end game at all, it's a complete disaster right now.

Interesting that the only place I see this said is on the forums. I'm not level 50 yet, but I know many who are, and they are having a blast. I'm looking forward to finding out myself.

Edited by Skoobie

So for anyone saying their is nothing wrong and the game is running just fine try this. Turn on your FPS tracking and simply open your inventory or crafting menus. Now explain to me how a perfectly running game should drop anywhere from 10-20 fps by opening an inventory box?

Well, since I am crafting at the moment and reading the forums, I just tested this for you.

Sorry, I cannot correlate your complaint. Not happening here.

poor attempt at humor because so many posts on this forum flame huttball. I loved the review actually...

But all the people that love huttball and pvp have no reason to come onto the forums to praise it as playing it all the time is praise enough.

Interesting that the only place I see this said is on the forums. I'm not level 50 yet, but I know many who are, and they are having a blast. I'm looking forward to finding out myself.

I know tons of level 50's who are having a blast at this game...in fact the only place I ever see negativity is here on the forums.

50 is fun for like a week then you start to realize all you do is hang out on the fleet and do 1 of two things. 1.) play huttball 2.) finish a raid if you havn't yet. Btw the raid will take you maybe 4 hours to finish and they are very easy on all but the hardest skill mode. So if you don't mind playing huttball 20 hours a week and making worthless crafted items then sure you will love 50.

50 is fun for like a week then you start to realize all you do is hang out on the fleet and do 1 of two things. 1.) play huttball 2.) finish a raid if you havn't yet. Btw the raid will take you maybe 4 hours to finish and they are very easy on all but the hardest skill mode. So if you don't mind playing huttball 20 hours a week and making worthless crafted items then sure you will love 50.

Hmmm I must be the only player then who can craft do warzones, play Operations in Nightmare mode, do the heroic flash points. hunt for Datacrons or the Ilum Dalies.

Ohhhhhhhh you mean you don't want to do any of that; oh well... different strokes. :)

Edited by Jett-Rinn

true indeed, but but the naysayers can't believe that some of us actually like this game and that the majority has little to no issues with it, they can't accept that.

I agree, I have run across a couple of bugs, but nothing that has casued me to not be able to play, nothing more than I have encountered in any new mmo at this stage..

as appossed to raiding the same thing every week for 6 hours and possibly not finish it and have to go back and doing arenas over and over again.

ps im 50 on 3 chars and i love my 50's on all my class's be it pvp, hardmode flashpoints, ops, pvp and space.

Edited by Shingara

Again, not the experiences that the people I know are having.

But all the people that love huttball and pvp have no reason to come onto the forums to praise it as playing it all the time is praise enough.

I enjoy Huttball. Hate Voidstar. Alderran is ok. I could have been playing for hours, but instead I have been re-watching LOST because I really just don't feel the need to play the game.