The only issue I have with PVP at all

AFuriousMind

Is the 3 warzone victory daily...

Have mercy, please. I can't commit to this or any other game the time it takes to do this regularly.

My brother already unsubbed over it... after ten hours of trying to get a third victory over the premades that would never let him in because he doesn't have the gear or reputation...

Yeah, Ilum's terrible, but I can deal with it. Class balance... whatever... that will work itself out over time. Gearing up? Well, I've been lucky with random tokens so I can't complain... but...

Goddamn, sometimes one victory is all you can ask of a person. Seems reasonable, doesn't it?

3 wins can be three in a row or an all day affair depending on your groupings.

Ranked wz's will help a bunch.

I asked in another thread and never got an answer from BW on how long they expected dailies to take and how much free time they thought their players had a day.

Obviously if you don't finish today it will still be there tomorrow.

For people who only have a couple hours a day to play, it can really suck when you get a string of losses. They should really just change the daily to 5 matches played. Sounds more reasonable to me at least. Edited by Boreus

What I think would be a reasonable alternative to the 3 wins daily is to change it to participate in 5-10 warzones.

On principle, I'm against rewarding failure.

But there's got to be a slightly more realistic expectation for what qualifies as success. It's got to be something that someone can bang out before or after a raid, not something that takes a whole day.

If you played "all day", you've gotten the bag the daily would have given you anyway.

I don't see your point.

There are other MMOs I can bang out a PVP daily in less than an hour, and then continue to PVP if I'm having a good time, or stop if I'm not, and not fall behind the gear arms race. It's a decent model. I hope this game emulates it someday.

I don't see your point.

There are other MMOs I can bang out a PVP daily in less than an hour, and then continue to PVP if I'm having a good time, or stop if I'm not, and not fall behind the gear arms race. It's a decent model. I hope this game emulates it someday.

....make a premade and be done in an hour?

I think they should keep the 3 win daily, think about it, that's not really that unreasonable if the matches were actually fair.

The problem is the matching system, I think they should make a league tournament where more serious players who want to create a team can join and fight other teams, in the league you wouldn't be able to solo que, you would need to create a team to actually fight in the ladder. Then the regular matches should not allow team que at all, so that all matches there are pick up group vs pick up group only. Point is that you separate those who just want to play casual in pick up group and have fun, from those who actually form a team with friends and practices strategies daily/weekly over ventrilo or whatever.

I always felt that allowing group que for a game where most players would join solo is probably the most unfair thing in MMO PVP. There is really no reason why a PuG need to match against a pre-made ever, the two should be separate.

If I join a game of Battlefield or CounterStrike or whatever, I don't expect to be fighting against a clan. There's really no reason for premades to exist in the normal PvP matches.

Edited by Dead_Ted

3 wins doesn't seem so unreasonable to me. Rolling with a premade we can end huttball games in 5-6 minutes. And since huttball pops 75% of the time on my server... I can get my daily done in less than half an hour most days.

If you're pugging and don't have a lot of time you can always leave a losing game. No point in sticking around once its obvious your team won't win.

Cool, the answer seems to be premades.

I think premades are great if you plan on farming out warzones for a day to get valor.

For completing a daily quest... maybe it shouldn't be necessary?

It isnt necessary, just saves time. I solo que and get mine done in around an hour, i wouldnt mind if it took 2 hours even since it gives valor/credits/comms even for losses.

For your brother: /1 or /g looking for 3 more for 50 wz.

Rocket Science 101

Edited by Moosestick

On principle, I'm against rewarding failure.

But there's got to be a slightly more realistic expectation for what qualifies as success. It's got to be something that someone can bang out before or after a raid, not something that takes a whole day.

That is fair. How about objectives then? What if it was to complete a certain number of objectives in warzones? For example 3 objectives? This way you are promoting people to not just get the medals, but also to successfully complete an objective. Objectives would be to score in huttball, secure a turret, blow open a door, disarm a bomb, secure a terminal.....etc.

Edited by bellok

It isnt necessary, just saves time. I solo que and get mine done in around an hour, i wouldnt mind if it took 2 hours even since it gives valor/credits/comms even for losses.

For your brother: /1 or /g looking for 3 more for 50 wz.

Rocket Science 101

Because the simple act of queueing with strangers you are partied with increases your odds over a random assembly?

Has someone run a spreadsheet on that?

I've lost all but one of the last 20 WZ's I've played, and I'm not at all happy about that. Three hours yesterday and three hours today - all devoted to WZ's and ONE out of three wins.

I'm all for making the daily "Finish 5-10 Warzones." It would allow those of us with jobs and other responsibilities to actually finish our quests.

That is fair. How about objectives then? What if it was to complete a certain number of objectives in warzones? For example 3 objectives? This way you are promoting people to not just get the medals, but also to successfully complete an objective. Objectives would be to score in huttball, secure a turret, blow open a door, disarm a bomb, secure a terminal.....etc.

I also like this idea. Granted, that would also turn some players into ball-hogs in Huttball, since they'd want to do all the scoring themselves. I feel like the objectives should be upped to the 5-10 range, however.

I'd be more inclined to agree with this, but I think just reducing the number of victories would suffice.

I also like this idea. Granted, that would also turn some players into ball-hogs in Huttball, since they'd want to do all the scoring themselves. I feel like the objectives should be upped to the 5-10 range, however.

Trust me ball hogs will get reputations, and before too long no one will pass to them, heal, or guard them thus rendering them ineffective. Heck a healer could sabotage a ball hog and pull their team mate away from the goal, or even into a fire. There are mechanics in game already that can help you deal with someone like that.

I'd be more inclined to agree with this, but I think just reducing the number of victories would suffice.

I'm actually more inclined to saying an either or scenario. Complete so many objectives, or get so many warzone wins. If either is accomplished then the daily is complete.

I'm actually more inclined to saying an either or scenario. Complete so many objectives, or get so many warzone wins. If either is accomplished then the daily is complete.

I don't want ballhogs, though. And I crave simplicity.

Maybe 1 victory or X number of heals/damage in a cumulative number of warzones...

But, again, I think just reducing the daily to 1 victory would be sweet sweet business.