Will player characters ever fight each other in the story?

Sadishist

I don't mean Warzone or open-world PVP, but story-wise. Will Wrath face off against Hero of Tython? Nox versus Barsen'thor, Voidhound versus Champion of the Great Hunt, Cypher Nine versus Meteor? Or they just never encounter each other or become friends? Edited by Sadishist

I doubt it, unless there was a way to do it that would leave the other PC's gender, species, and background completely ambiguous. (A dog-fight between the Player Ships?)

If you're playing as your Jedi Guardian and you come into conflict with a Dark Council Member who is a Female Sith Pureblood known as Darth Occlus who wields a double-bladed yellow lightsaber, then suddenly there is a 'Canon' version of the Inquisitor, as opposed to it being completely up to the player as to who they want that character to be in the game's world. I really don't think that's a direction BW is interested in taking things with this game.

For the same reason, we probably will never have a Republic character crossing paths with Thana Vesh, an Imperial character going up against a redeemed Bengel Morr, or a character of any class except for one hearing the story of just what happened to the previous Supreme Chancellor.

Edited by DarthDymond

I agree with DarthDymond for the exact reasons laid out.

I think the best we can hope for is more interaction between characters and other class's companions (this already happens in a few instances (do not want to spoil anything). But that is 100% dependent on whether they continue creating bits of class specific story.

I don't think it's impossible, but they'll have to find a way for players to import their decisions from other class stories. Since BioWare has done stuff like that in their other games, and this game already has the legacy system, they probably could work something out. Edited by rashencyberspeed

I think it'd be neat if you could do this, but an easy fix to the whole 'lore issues' would be to just copy the appearance and choices of your alt, and then apply it to the story. For instance, my Light Side Guardian would face up against my Dark Side Juggernaut, and his appearance would match the Juggernaut's.

it would be a really neat idea, although i have no idea how it could be implemented... my sent vs my mara would be a very interesting fight, my gunslinger wouldnt fight my sniper though as they are twins, and my sorc vs my shadow probably wouldnt have much reason to fight either, nor would my bh and trooper

EA is wonderful at "canonizing" PCs... There is actually a "canon" version of what happened in all three games. A more relevant example would be the fact that KotOR allows Revan to be female, but everything else in the EU denies that.

Anyway, it'd be cool if they did a "describe the sighting" thing... Like, how Pokemon Emerald asks you if you saw a blue thing (Latios) or a red one (Latias), and that's how it decides which you can catch.

Simply have one convo that leads up to the "enemy" character being male or female, and then describe how they attacked to lead up to which advanced class the person was.